Class of 2017 - PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke

time to bring this thread back to life:

Trevon posted in his latest blog entry that Syracuse has been contacting him "a lot lately".

Interesting turn of events.

That is great news. Seems like he is an upper echelon prospect. I'm glad we have been contacting him instead of just thinking about him

CreanMeme51-300x300.jpg

time to bring this thread back to life:

Trevon posted in his latest blog entry that Syracuse has been contacting him "a lot lately".

Interesting turn of events.
I just hope that they are giving Diagne as much time. I want the big man in orange.

I would love to see Diagne in Orange in a couple years, but Trevon Duval is the type of player that puts a good team into championship contention. He looks to be one of the better prep point guards of the last 20 years , along the lines of Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, Kenny Anderson, Jay Williams (these are the ones that come to mind that mixed tremendous skill with elite athleticism).

I would love to see Diagne in Orange in a couple years, but Trevon Duval is the type of player that puts a good team into championship contention. He looks to be one of the better prep point guards of the last 20 years , along the lines of Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, Kenny Anderson, Jay Williams (these are the ones that come to mind that mixed tremendous skill with elite athleticism).
yep. Need those difference makers. Especially in the same conference as Duke who is absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail.

This kid is big time, I really just don't think he is going to commit here. He can go literally anywhere he wants to. Once he transferred to the school down in Texas, our chances were hurt even more. But theres no doubt this kid is like a mini Russell Westbrook.

seen this on francis twitter... :( :(

Forget Treyvon D. Likely going to either Zona or Maryland. For some reason we are no longer big game hunters.

How long has it been since we've gotten a truly elite player here at Syracuse? I'm talking about kids like Duval and kids who go on to have significant NBA careers. There is more talent out there than ever before and it seems we are having problems attracting that level of talent. What happened to our Renaissance in recruiting which we expected to experience after the completion of the Melo Center? Is it the NCAA sanctions? That may be playing a part now but we were experiencing a roll back in recruiting to some degree prior to last years announcement.

To make matters worse we've also been experiencing early departures to the NBA and having what were highly regarded players not blossom into what we'd been hoping for. No names needed here.

Last edited:
How long has it been since we've gotten a truly elite player here at Syracuse? I'm talking about kids like Duval and kids who go on to have significant NBA careers. There is more talent out there than ever before and it seems we are having problems attracting that level of talent. What happened to our Renaissance in recruiting which we expected to experience after the completion of the Melo Center? Is it the NCAA sanctions? That may be playing a part now but we were experiencing a roll back in recruiting to some degree prior to last years announcement.

To make matters worse we've also been experiencing early departures to the NBA and having what were highly regarded players not blossom into what we'd been hoping for. No names needed here.
Obviusly the sanctions hurt now but it couldn't have been easy recruiting with the ncaa investigation for seven years.

Obviusly the sanctions hurt now but it couldn't have been easy recruiting with the ncaa investigation for seven years.

Why? Investigation means nothing. Sanctions do.

Yes, and sanctions have been 'pending' since forever ago, when the investigation started.

It surely did not HELP recruiting to have that investigation going on all that time.

Other coaches can easily negatively recruit with the threat of sanctions looming over us

You think a top flight recruit wants to commit to syracuse and later find out that he gets banned from the tournament for multiple years on his watch

Yes, and sanctions have been 'pending' since forever ago, when the investigation started.

It surely did not HELP recruiting to have that investigation going on all that time.

I'm failing to see how it directly and substantially impacted any recruiting. No resources were misallocated or diminished prior to sanctions, and no kids ever said "I didn't pick SU due to impending sanctions." That's a bit presumptuous.

You think a top flight recruit wants to commit to syracuse and later find out that he gets banned from the tournament for multiple years on his watch

You're creating a narrative now. There's no evidence of this happening.

You're creating a narrative now. There's no evidence of this happening.
Earlier this week. Thomas Bryant's mother, Linda said her son picked Indiana because syracuse,s basketball program was in chaos with an ncaa investigation and transfers. She said her son also worried about the stability of the su program, which is looking at scholarship penalties.

It happened

Earlier this week. Thomas Bryant's mother, Linda said her son picked Indiana because syracuse,s basketball program was in chaos with an ncaa investigation and transfers. She said her son also worried about the stability of the su program, which is looking at scholarship penalties.

It happened

Bryant made his decision after the sanctions were put in place. Look it up.

The investigation had little to no impact on recruiting for the length of time it was going on.

Bryant made his decision after the sanctions were put in place. Look it up.

The investigation had little to no impact on recruiting for the length of time it was going on.
How do you know when he made his decision. His mother said chaos with ncaa investigation not sanctions.

How do you know when he made his decision. His mother said chaos with ncaa investigation not sanctions.
Thomas Bryant went to Indiana to get away from his mother. Nothing more.