Class of 2017 - PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke

I think it was in Sports Illustrated where I read about some of these so-called "high schools" not that long ago. What a total disservice to the kids to not even get a decent high school education. Really sad.

Why don't we just close and shut down the Trevon Duval file/thread here. Thanks.

Why don't we just close and shut down the Trevon Duval file/thread here. Thanks.

Just wanted to say thank you for bringing back your classic avatar. I can change mine three times a month, but you aren't allowed to. ;)

image.gif

They don't make movies like that anymore...the good ole days.
Yeah, it would need some explosions or something. And I don't think Fast Times at Ridgemont High 3D would be all that appealing. Although, Phoebe Cates coming out of the pool and walking toward you in 3D might be worth the price of admission.

I think there is one school that could get him eligible. And I bet he would be an honors student there as well.

I doubt it honestly. If he enrolls anywhere I see him sitting and waiting for clearance into conference play as a best case scenario for him. I think UK will grab someone else rather than deal with that. If it goes down that way I think it would be MD.

So this kid wants to stay on the east coast but is visiting Cal, Zona, etc? Not gonna lie I stopped following his recruitment once he went to Texas, I assume we aren't gonna get him?

Oh well... didn'tlike our chances in this one anyway. Plus who knows if he'll even play college hoops.

He couldn't even go to Duke or UK to help us with getting Green?!

Might as well delete the thread and forget we were ever interested.

He couldn't even go to Duke or UK to help us with getting Green?!

Because there will be big problems being eligible here. I think we could see an over sees or prep till he's eligible for the draft situation. If he goes to college next year its going to be one of those sitting and waiting for eligibility for who knows how long or not eligible practice player. In which case MD is most likely or KU. Just speculation on my part though, but when neither Duke nor UK are involved anymore you know the issues are real and not just rumored.

Because there will be big problems being eligible here. I think we could see an over sees or prep till he's eligible for the draft situation. If he goes to college next year its going to be one of those sitting and waiting for eligibility for who knows how long or not eligible practice player. In which case MD is most likely or KU. Just speculation on my part though, but when neither Duke nor UK are involved anymore you know the issues are real and not just rumored.

Exactly. This sheds some light on the potential issues with eligibility.

Why are top prospects taking a risk by enrolling at API?

But we still don't know why kids would enroll at a "school" that tiptoes along the edge of accreditation.
It's a dirty business for kids at the top. If their parents don't remain strong and guide them away from the scum, they have little shot of making good choices.

It's a dirty business for kids at the top. If their parents don't remain strong and guide them away from the scum, they have little shot of making good choices.

I know that I was not capable of having to make important life choices like that when I was a teenager. Its a shame that some of these kids parents are so incapable that they cannot even help their children make the correct choices to protect their future.

I know that I was not capable of having to make important life choices like that when I was a teenager. Its a shame that some of these kids parents are so incapable that they cannot even help their children make the correct choices to protect their future.
I would like to think I could stay grounded and keep my kids grounded and keep the scum away, but when these guys come around, painting the picture of the future and helping out, I could see how you could find yourself in the middle of a mess. I am sure people smarter than me could come up with a way to help the situation, but the NCAA doesn't seem to prioritize this part of the problem. They would rather choose small battles, to make it look like they are policing the process, while the main culprits continue to operate undeterred.

It really is a shame. We're talking about a basic high school education, skills you really need regardless if basketball works out or not.