Class of 2017 - PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke

His list: "The list includes Maryland, Cal, Oregon, USC, Kansas, Villanova, UCLA, Arizona, Seton Hall and St. John’s. "

Wow, kind of an insult. I hope he ends up on a team that we beat!

Dave85 said:
His list: "The list includes Maryland, Cal, Oregon, USC, Kansas, Villanova, UCLA, Arizona, Seton Hall and St. John’s. "

Not an insult, as noted above, if he even chooses a college, it will be a huge struggle to have him eligible for his one year in college. It is more likely that SU stopped recruiting him.

Not an insult, as noted above, if he even chooses a college, it will be a huge struggle to have him eligible for his one year in college. It is more likely that SU stopped recruiting him.

You don't think Seton Hall and St.John's on the list is not an insult to us? You may not be. But I feel insulted regardless of the other points you make. I hope we meet his team in a big game.

You don't think Seton Hall and St.John's on the list is not an insult to us? You may not be. But I feel insulted regardless of the other points you make. I hope we meet his team in a big game.
Why would he put us on his list if we aren't recruiting him? And, we probably won't be playing the Chinese team he is playing on next year.

As orangefog has explained we stopped recruiting Duval a long time ago. I remmeber much grumbling when he switched to that "questionable" High School Basketball Program and went from our primary target to the staff no longer recruiting him. At the time it seemed weird but now its quite apparent that JB and staff where way ahead of the curve on this one. Using their time and resources elsewhere was a wise decision.

yeah dook or slimeball-blue not on that list of his tells you alot

Silly question...in cases like Duval's, does the staff simply just stop contacting him and assume he'll get the hint or do we actually rescind the offer to ensure we don't have any problems down the road?

Silly question...in cases like Duval's, does the staff simply just stop contacting him and assume he'll get the hint or do we actually rescind the offer to ensure we don't have any problems down the road?

Thats actually an interesting question. I have no idea.

Believe that contact is just stopped. Think thats generally the way kids always talk about it. Just that they stopped hearing from or haven't heard from so and so in a while.

What is the deal with Seton Hall? Is it some kind of inside joke with all the elite players in '17 to keep them on their lists?? I get that Duval is in a strange place because of eligibility concerns, but so many of these guys have the Hall in their cut down lists it is hilarious.

What is the deal with Seton Hall? Is it some kind of inside joke with all the elite players in '17 to keep them on their lists?? I get that Duval is in a strange place because of eligibility concerns, but so many of these guys have the Hall in their cut down lists it is hilarious.

I assume there recruiting pitch goes something like this:
image.jpeg

But they don't want to be a Pirate.

No, makes no sense. I don't get how they end up on these lists. Ask TT;)

Trevon Duval to IMG Academy
Before this, probably trimmed his list down to 12 high schools, from 14. :rolleyes:

'Five-star point guard Trevon Duval will spend his senior season at Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy, his father announced on Facebook.

"Thanks to All the High Schools that have been recruiting Trevon Duval...Trevon will be attending IMG Academy," he wrote.'

Thanks to All the High Schools?
What the heckfire is going on anymore? 10 years from now - I can already see it, thanks to all the pre-schools, #blessed ;)

Was reading an article today about a lawsuit against the NCAA about kids being able to transfer without having to sit out a year. Can only imagine if that were to happen, would be a complete disaster pretty much. I am however 100% on board with kids being able to transfer and play immediately when their coach leaves, that's just some hypocritical nonsense.