Class of 2017 - PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke

I want Waters and I think he wants us by including us in discussions without having been contacted. I think he is ranked higher than JT and we ignore him

Three PG's on the roster is rough. Thorpe can play both spots, and is here for a year. Hope we get him. Then a spot wide open for Carey. FH will be a senior next year, so if the staff was thinking of pushing him out then maybe we look at Waters, but next year is when we add the PG we really want. Putting aside those that we missed out on.

Believe we gave our long-term PG scholarship to HW. Which works for me. He can play both spots in the backcourt, in my opinion.

Three PG's on the roster is rough. Thorpe can play both spots, and is here for a year. Hope we get him. Then a spot wide open for Carey. FH will be a senior next year, so if the staff was thinking of pushing him out then maybe we look at Waters, but next year is when we add the PG we really want. Putting aside those that we missed out on.

Believe we gave our long-term PG scholarship to HW. Which works for me. He can play both spots in the backcourt, in my opinion.

I was responsible to manage 68 service stations in Silicon Valley with over 1,000 employees and it was a lot easier than this stuff

Has taurean actually put weight on?
I was saying that assuming he'll make some weight adjustment over the spring/summer to better acclomate to the competition. Be it adding muscle or whatever else. Always room to improve and become more dominant.

I know this sounds like hyperbole but I think Trevon Duval could be as good as Derrick Rose.

He has a bit of that Russell Westbrook relentless attacking in him but his overall game is more polished than Westbrooks was at this stage. Westbrook was pretty raw especially the first half of his freshman season.

I know this sounds like hyperbole but I think Trevon Duval could be as good as Derrick Rose.
He is so strong, incredible handle, confident and aggressive. A guard like him and our system would thrive!

He is so strong, incredible handle, confident and aggressive. A guard like him and our system would thrive!

He's NBA-ready right now. Think about the physical mismatch he will be for almost every guard who tries to check him next season.

Watched him at the Mary Kline a couple years ago. Was standing right next to him for the dunk contest. My friend said to him, "you'd look great in Orange." Trevon gave him a huge smile and laughed.

What could've been.

He's NBA-ready right now. Think about the physical mismatch he will be for almost every guard who tries to check him next season.

Watched him at the Mary Kline a couple years ago. Was standing right next to him for the dunk contest. My friend said to him, "you'd look great in Orange." Trevon gave him a huge smile and laughed.

What could've been.
Yeah totally. He is too strong for the quick smaller guards and way to quick for the taller ones. When he's dribbling everyone is stumbling around or back on their heals. He'll be something special if he keeps his head right! He was also predisposed to Duke, Kentucky or maybe Kansas. Many of the best players haves their sites high and we could become that with the right product to offer . But right now we gotta be realistic about who is feasible

What could've been.

Who do you think is better -- Duval or Jamal Murray?

They seem very similar to me.

What? No Tucker? Hope he's happy playing 12 minutes off the bench and then getting recruited over in the next class. But whatever.

No shoe in over White, DeLaurier or Oconnell either. Then the real big guns come next year...

I need to see Duke figure out how to be consistently legit with the Kentucky model before I fear their "reloaded teams".

We said this same stuff about them last year.

We say this same thing about Kentucky every year.

They may sign the best classes of 1 and dones and that gives them a better chance at being great than not - but it doesn't guarantee a damn thing. I've maintained that it's an open question that this is even that beneficial to the school if your goal is to win a NC. It's good for the players. It's good for the schools "brand"... but NC runs remain built on players who play more than one year.*

* EDIT: I'm aware of the irony.

Who do you think is better -- Duval or Jamal Murray?

They seem very similar to me.

I don't see the similarity. Duval plays much bigger. He is more of an attack the basket, dynamic, over the rim athlete. He can make you pay if you back off him.

Murray is a great player too, don't get me wrong, just very different to me. More of a sniper. He uses his dribble to set up his defender for a better shot, not to take him to the hole and dunk in his mug. Murray has the mid range and outside game. Murray is better from deep but you can't sleep on Duval. Duval has shown flashes on the defense end too. I saw Murray at the Mary Kline too, the year before. Your dad was there when Duval played. He and Porter were incredible, as was Hamidou Diallo.

To answer your question, Duval all the way and I love Murray. Duval can be National Freshman of the Year. He will be a top 5 NBA pick.

Take a look at the MKC roster from '15. Wow.

Mary Kline Classic releases 2015 rosters

With Duval committing today, this is what's left of the top 100 guys in this class...
Mo Bamba, Brian Bowen, MJ Walker, Devante Doutrive

With Duval committing today, this is what's left of the top 100 guys in this class...
Mo Bamba, Brian Bowen, MJ Walker, Devante Doutrive
And Tremont Waters

In case you didn't see his actual announcement. Pretty unique...

that was cool. Wonder who wrote, produced and paid for that.

Also, im sure trev will have no clearinghouse issues now.