Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

I want this kid bad on Syracuse. He visited over the weekend. Not just board insiders but College Basketball and recruiting guys like our chances.

It's Monday now. We've heard nothing. That's all don't want to be played.

Not sure why they'd want to keep quiet about it if he did commit. I think he's still exploring other options.

Nonsense. Early signing period isn't for more than 4 months. They have plenty of time to find someone.
Finding "someone" isn't really the issue (of course they can find "someone"). But of what quality? Losing a 5 star changes the recruiting geometry for them. For example, Langford, whom they held off on (reportedly) is now going to MSU. They still have time, and could get another top player as you point out .. but the chances of landing someone of Battle's caliber are not as good. That's why I said "it's looking like" UM won't have a chair.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/tyus-battle-back-on-the-board.30768/page-51

Last edited:
He committed to Michigan. The Monday after his visit there.

Again it's Monday, and he visited over the weekend.

He also decommitted from Michigan, wouldn't logic follow that a Monday commit immediately following an official would be a bad thing

Also: maybe since, ya know, he de-committed on Friday, he decided he wanted to take a little more than 48-72 hours to decide on a new school? Maybe he wants to be completely sure? Remember: he was still a Michigan commit just 3 days ago. Give the dude some freaking time.

I just want some news. Again. I want this kid bad. And all the momentum going into this weekend and his visit.

He committed to Michigan. The Monday after his visit there.

Again it's Monday, and he visited over the weekend.

Okay, now I'm fed up. Let me figurately hold your hand like I literally do with my 4 year old daughter when we cross the street:

Tyus Battle visited Michigan one weekend.

He committed to them on the Monday after his Michigan visit.

Last week, it came to light that Battle was reopening his recruitment.

Battle visited SU over the weekend.

It's Monday and you're pissed that Battle hasn't announced his decision.

This is a 17 year old with aspirations to be a professional basketball player. His college choice is very important to him and his family.

He obviously regrets making his UM decision so quickly. Even so, because you are impatient, like a petulant little child, you expect him to make and/ or announce his decision in the exact same time frame as he did prior?

Sure, Hulk. I'm sure this will go exactly as YOU want it to.

I have no issues whatsoever with what you do for a living, but I'm awfully glad that you are in baggage instead of a TSA employee. Now THAT would be really chilling.

Last edited:
I do have to admit the attitude of the forum has changed. We were all expecting a commit by now.

And now all I hear are people making excuses.

Just an observation.

I do have to admit the attitude of the forum has changed. We were all expecting a commit by now.

And now all I hear are people making excuses.

Just an observation.
Maybe we are grown up enough to know that this kid is making the biggest decision of his life. One he has already got wrong and wants to make sure he gets right this time. No one is making excuses. There is nothing to make an excuse about.

I hear the Monday thing and all, but this young man has been on the SU campus God knows how many times. We are not an unknown quantity to him, or his family. Indeed we have been on this kid since dinosaurs walked the earth. So, Yes, I am getting nervous.

Maybe we are grown up enough to know that this kid is making the biggest decision of his life. One he has already got wrong and wants to make sure he gets right this time. No one is making excuses. There is nothing to make an excuse about.
I agree. I think we all want something and SOMEONE to cheer about and for. It was rough last season.

I had to unblock him just to see what the heck everyone was talking about. Thanks a lot guys ;)

Okay, now I'm fed up. Let me figurately hold your hand like I literally do with my 4 year old daughter when we cross the street:

Tyus Battle visited Michigan one weekend.

He committed to them on the Monday after his Michigan visit.

Last week, it came to light that Battle was reopening his recruiting.

Battle visited SU over the weekend.

It's Monday and you're pissed that Battle hasn't announced his decision.

This is a 17 year old with aspirations to be a professionally basketball player. His college choice is very important to him and his family.

He obviously regrets making his UM decision so quickly. Even so, because you are impatient, like a petulant little child, you expect him to make and/ or announce his discussion in the exact same time frame as he did prior?

Sure, Hulk. I'm sure this will go exactly as YOU want it to.

I have no issues whatsoever with what you do for a living, but I'm awfully glad that you are in baggage instead of a TSA employee. Now THAT would be really chilling.
Mods, a lot of posts have been deleted here. Don't delete this one, please. If anything, find a way to make it the only one Hulk is allowed to read between now and when Battle decides.

How do you know that he hasn't committed?
giphy.gif

But this thread, man. Just when I thought I wouldn't get freaked out anymore over this craziness...freak flags: they flyin.
The-Simpsons-Season-10-Episode-6-32-a1d9.jpg

(In this scene, I'm pretty sure Homer is letting his freak flag fly to the tune of Uptown Girl lol)

Mods, a lot of posts have been deleted here. Don't delete this one, please. If anything, find a way to make it the only one Hulk is allowed to read between now and when Battle decides.

Thanks, jekelish. I got a very rare like from you. You are the anti-tee in that you're very stingy with the likes. I feel like I just won the internet.:rolling::D:eek:

Nobody mentioning anything about his friendship with Malachi?

I feel like I've followed Tyus' career pretty closely, considering I live in NJ. Why didn't I know he and Tyus were tight?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom