pick 5 teams Cuse should play every year | Syracusefan.com

pick 5 teams Cuse should play every year

PSU, WVU, BC, PITT, & UMD

The ladies, NW, and Tulane would be 6, 7, and 8.

Miami and Tech should probably be in the top 10, too.

BC
Miami
PSU
Army/Navy (alternating)
Rutgers/Buffalo (alternating)

Buffalo, Army, BC, Pitt, PSU, RU. I know it's six, but trying to leave one of them out felt odd.

Outside of our annual ACC rivals:
Penn State
Army
Rutgers (Yankee Stadium)
Buffalo
WVU

Army
Colgate
West Virginia
Pittsburgh
Virginia Tech

I kind of like this Clemson thing, too; wish we'd pulled that one out.

If the major football-playing of the northeast could ever have gotten their act together we'd be in a football conference with this core:

Penn State
Pittsburgh
Boston College
West Virginia
Army
Navy
Rutgers
Temple

First 5 of those are the answer to your question.

ACC is the best we could hope for given the current landscape, but it'll always be a shame we couldn't make a northeastern football conference viable. I blame Paterno.

My five are: Ped State, BC, Pitt, WVU, Rutgirls, Army, Navy, MD, Colgate or Cornell

Yes I failed 1st grade math

Rutgers (Yankee Stadium)

I absolutely love that idea and had a blast at the two Pinstripe Bowls, but some SU fans will reject it out of insecurity (it implies that Rutgers is our equal, we're supposed to be NYC's team, blah blah blah).

If the major football-playing of the northeast could ever have gotten their act together we'd be in a football conference with this core:

Penn State
Pittsburgh
Boston College
West Virginia
Army
Navy
Rutgers
Temple

ACC is the best we could hope for given the current landscape, but it'll always be a shame we couldn't make a northeastern football conference viable. I blame Paterno.

It would have been nice, but given the shifting demographics, moving south and being in the ACC is a great situation for Syracuse Football.

The ACC is not a consolation prize by any means.

Penn State
Pittsburgh
Boston College
West Virginia
Army
Navy
Rutgers
Temple

And if that had ever happened, you still add Miami, VT in the early 90s. The big question is whether or not 2003 would have ever happened. I'm guessing probably since that's where Miami and VT always wanted to be, but there could have been more money involved with staying. Perhaps could have even been the poacher instead of poachee. At least working on FSU.

Oh well. I wish I could hot tub time machine back to that vote.

Bama
Oregon
Florida
Ohio State
Michigan

K, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics