Pictures of our freshmen | Syracusefan.com

Pictures of our freshmen

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
I cannot believe what an incompetent Googler I am! Today when I was on Marshall St. I saw a very tall young black man wearing a Syracuse Basketball t-shirt. I know what most of our guys look like, of course, and I didn't recognize him. He was quite the handsome fella. I suppose it's possible he was a walk on, or perhaps a sophomore who hasn't played much, like Chukwu. For the life of me, I can't find a 2015 team picture.

Any help? Thanks!

6'6 G/F Malachi Richardson
roselle-catholics-isaiah-briscoe-and-malachi-richardson-named-mcdonalds-all-americans-85c0b913a36b46b9.jpg

Interesting that we are talking about Duval and Battle seems to be a walking ad for UA. But of course the shirt does come with the UA Tourny

Also bballbeadle, iommi and I caught a game he played this past year. I believe iommi got to meet him and either interview or discuss a few things so he can confirm as well. Moyer is an extrovert and certainly a charismatic young man. Definitely an alpha personality but at the same time seems like a gracious person, nice disposition. Don't get me wrong, he's tough on the court and shows emotion and exudes confidence, lets the other team know it.

Either way, just a small piece from me that I might have mentioned somewhere but not sure. He did look up to where iommi was sitting and they gave each other a nod or similar. Moyer looked at me, I had a camouflage SU hat but still, he understood as I tipped my cap to him and he nodded and smiled back. I suspect he will play well, but IF he plays well on the court, we will see some energy and pretty big roars from the crowd when he throws one down. Exciting times ahead of us. I feel the same about Kaleb once he gets going.

Also bballbeadle, iommi and I caught a game he played this past year. I believe iommi got to meet him and either interview or discuss a few things so he can confirm as well. Moyer is an extrovert and certainly a charismatic young man. Definitely an alpha personality but at the same time seems like a gracious person, nice disposition. Don't get me wrong, he's tough on the court and shows emotion and exudes confidence, lets the other team know it.

Either way, just a small piece from me that I might have mentioned somewhere but not sure. He did look up to where iommi was sitting and they gave each other a nod or similar. Moyer looked at me, I had a camouflage SU hat but still, he understood as I tipped my cap to him and he nodded and smiled back. I suspect he will play well, but IF he plays well on the court, we will see some energy and pretty big roars from the crowd when he throws one down. Exciting times ahead of us. I feel the same about Kaleb once he gets going.
Tee, thanks for giving me this tidbit (and the board as well)! I wish I had known who he was, because I would have stopped him and talked to him.

In the meantime, I have to get in the shower. Just got back from that steaming game!

6'8 F Matthew Moyer, same, 2016 not enrolled yet
matthew-moyer-butler-edit.jpg
WAIT! Wait wait wait. I went back to look at this pic again, and he is supposed to start NEXT fall, not this one. He's not in school yet. That wasn't the young man I saw. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WAIT! Wait wait wait. I went back to look at this pic again, and he is supposed to start NEXT fall, not this one. He's not in school yet. That wasn't the young man I saw. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Only other options are
6'9 Chinonso Obokoh
player_Obokoh1496.jpg

6'6 Doyin Akintobi-Adeyeye
player_Akintobi_Adeyeye14.jpg

6'9 Dajuan Coleman
player_Coleman1468.jpg

6'8 Tyler Roberson
headshot_1_Roberson_Tyler2013.jpg

Yup, he is a walk on. He's also pretty well built I believe, so if he wasn't too lanky, that's probably your guy.
No, he was not lanky. He looked the part perfectly, in all respects. Amazing he is "only" a walk on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom