Pinstripe bowl | Syracusefan.com

Pinstripe bowl

Briancuse

Living Legend
Pitt vs Northwestern, ouch, college football's most iconic venue might be pretty empty that day.

Pittsburgh and Chicago? I imagine that 75% of the crowd that is there will have bad mustaches too.

Pitt fans don't travel, and I don't know how many nwestern fans are going to go.

NYC is pretty big and a the Yanks will fill it up with a bunch of locals so it looks respectable and the crowd is respectable when all is said and done

NYC is pretty big and a the Yanks will fill it up with a bunch of locals so it looks respectable and the crowd is respectable when all is said and done

The problem is neither school is going to bring a lot of people, and neither has much of a following or alumni base in the area.

James Conner's comeback made it ok for me to root for Pitt this year. Their win over Clemson in dearth valley was a good one - I think they deserve a better opponent, they can handle it.

Won't be a great crowd, but every school has a lot of alumni in NYC. I was actually invited to go by a Northwestern fan, but Wednesday afternoon at 2pm is tough or I probably would have.

The problem is neither school is going to bring a lot of people, and neither has much of a following or alumni base in the area.

NYC is an attraction.

Have to believe that a school like NW has a decent alumni base in the NYC area.

Totally don't get it. Pitt deserved a southern bowl , a respectable bowl.

NYC is an attraction.

Have to believe that a school like NW has a decent alumni base in the NYC area.
I'm sure they do. All the Northwestern School of Communication grads are working for Newhouse grads.
big smile.gif

Wow and ouch! pitt deserved a waaay better bowl than that at 8-4 and a win over Clemson . geeez

Yes the team did, the problem for Pitt is they have a horrible reputation for traveling, so they aren't going to get the better bowl.

Yes the team did, the problem for Pitt is they have a horrible reputation for traveling, so they aren't going to get the better bowl.

Agree bud, i have a buddy pretty high up in the pitt athletic department . they get 30k at home for an average acc opponent and yes , do not travel well. still brutal . geeez, they got that cheap bowl in mobile the last few years at 6-6 or 7-5.

Pitt fans don't travel, and I don't know how many nwestern fans are going to go.
Travel? Travel? We're talking travel?!! They don't even travel across Pittsburgh.

The ACC needs to put wording in the next bowl contracts like the B1G, Big 12 and SEC have to place teams in bowls based on ranking. :mad:

2010 Syracuse - Kansas State 38,274
2011 Rutgers - Iowa State 38,328
2012 Syracuse - West Virginia 39,098
2013 Notre Dame - Rutgers 47,122
2014 Penn State - Boston College 49,012
2015 Duke - Indiana 37,218

Attendance will probably be around 38k without Notre Dame or Penn State.

The ACC needs to put wording in the next bowl contracts like the B1G, Big 12 and SEC have to place teams in bowls based on ranking. :mad:
The ACC puts some of its bowls into tiers so that teams don't get stuck playing the same bowl over and over. The Pinstripe Bowl is in the same tier as the Belk, Gator, Music City, and Sun Bowls. The Orange Bowl goes to ACC #1, or #2, if #1 is in the playoff. The Russell Athletic Bowl goes to ACC #2, or #3, if #2 is in the playoff.

The ACC puts some of its bowls into tiers so that teams don't get stuck playing the same bowl over and over. The Pinstripe Bowl is in the same tier as the Belk, Gator, Music City, and Sun Bowls. The Orange Bowl goes to ACC #1, or #2, if #1 is in the playoff. The Russell Athletic Bowl goes to ACC #2, or #3, if #2 is in the playoff.

The Sun Bowl is much better than those other ones.

I understand your description, but I disagree with the ACC's methodology. The other conferences specify who goes to which bowl based on place of finish. The ACC bowls -- other than the ones you mentioned -- are based on selection by the bowl committees. If SU had been bowl-eligible this year, we would (probably) have gone to the Pinstripe yet again. I don't want spend a fortune to freeze my azz off in New York every year. Even a mid-South city would be better. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom