Piped-in Crowd Noise | Syracusefan.com

Piped-in Crowd Noise

bnoro

Lurker
I have no idea if it's legal or not, so it's not a complaint, but BC pumped their band and crowd noise through the speakers at Alumni Stadium on Saturday. It was very, very obvious, as there were a few times there was crackling or noticeable differences through the speakers. Between that and the horrific eagle screech every time there was a first down, their sound system sucks.

I thought it was embarrassing if anything, but is this allowed?

I'm not 100% sure if it's illegal or just bad sportsmanship. Either way, I am sure that plenty of teams do it...and I've even wondered about 3rd downs at the dome!

I have no idea if it's legal or not, so it's not a complaint, but BC pumped their band and crowd noise through the speakers at Alumni Stadium on Saturday. It was very, very obvious, as there were a few times there was crackling or noticeable differences through the speakers. Between that and the horrific eagle screech every time there was a first down, their sound system sucks.

I thought it was embarrassing if anything, but is this allowed?
NCAA Rule 9-2-1(b)(6) provides that persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals.

Rule 1-1-6 dictates that public-address announcers, audio and video system operators, and other persons affiliated with the teams or institutions are subject to the rules.

I think it is probably legal to pipe in noise except once the opposing team lines up and the QB starts cadence.

NCAA Rule 9-2-1(b)(6) provides that persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals.

Rule 1-1-6 dictates that public-address announcers, audio and video system operators, and other persons affiliated with the teams or institutions are subject to the rules.

I think it is probably legal to pipe in noise except once the opposing team lines up and the QB starts cadence.

...and that's how most places seem to do it. They'll blast music or piped in noise, and then cut it as the opposing time gets lined up and ready to snap the ball.

all game long UConn was still playing music when we were lined up snapping the ball. i couldn't believe it.

I yell at home Go orange when I can't attend I gingle my keys too but I only have a FOB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom