Player walk | Syracusefan.com

Player walk

@DrewRob52: Hey @OttosArmy, @CuseFootball will be walking across the Quad on our way to the Dome on Friday at 4:30pm. Front of HOL to Gate E. Join us!
I love it!!! This is a tradition at Boise State so my bet is AD Coyle told coaching staff the team was going to do it here.

Coach Shafer mentioned on the Orange Nation show that AD Coyle was implementing enhanced game day experiences for the fans but did not say what they would be. The link below is about game day experience at Boise State. I hope AD Coyle does the student tailgate to generate more interest in campus.

http://arbiteronline.com/2015/08/19/welcome-to-boise-state-football-101/

Last edited:
I love it!!! This is a tradition at Boise State so my bet is AD Coyle told coaching staff the team was going to do it here.

Coach Shafer mentioned on the Orange Nation show that AD Coyle was implementing enhanced game day experiences for the fans but did not say what they would be. The link below is about game day experience at Boise State. I hope AD Coyle does the student tailgate to generate more interest in campus.

http://arbiteronline.com/2015/08/19/welcome-to-boise-state-football-101/
its a tradition at several different schools inc. some sec. the last player walks i saw at su were during the robinson era. they were rigid like a military platoon. a player walk should be the players having fun, high 5ving the crowd on the way to the dome with the band playing. the looser a player is the better you play. coach mac used to walk up and down the lines where the players were stretching and shake hands, talk and laugh with them etc etc.--always thought that was a nice touch---helps confidence

I'm glad Coyle is going to focus on game-day experiences. You guys should invite him to the Fine Lot, bet he'd make a point to stop over.

Hopefully the next time SU honors one of their greats, it won't be a 2 minute video package, which skips every memorable play from that person's time at SU.

I'm pretty sure they have been doing the last year or two. There were pics last year on Twitter.
They have been. Typically earlier than the years where the band was at hendricks and the fans were already on the quad.

@DrewRob52: Hey @OttosArmy, @CuseFootball will be walking across the Quad on our way to the Dome on Friday at 4:30pm. Front of HOL to Gate E. Join us!
This is awesome. So glad to see it back after it was foolishly discontinued or at least not promoted or emphasized. New era new traditions while embracing old eras and tradition walking by and touching the ED statue too I'd imagine. Love it. Go CUSE the future starts today(err tommorow!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom