Bullock
Crabbe
Vander bleu
Bj young
Otto
Muhammed
Zieng

Foreigners

I'm sure the list will continue to grow not to mention the upperclassman and any others not listed who are sure to get drafted ahead of cj...also are those below who could potentially go before cj...I'm sure He will make the decision that's right for him, but its not looking good for him being a 1st rounder.

Pressy
Kabongo
Alex Len

Cj Leslie
Victor oladipo
Trey Burke
Ben mclemore
Nerlens Noel
Archie Goodwin
Mcw
Deshaun Thomas
Zeller
Bullock
Crabbe
Vander bleu
Bj young
Otto
Muhammed
Zieng

Foreigners

I'm sure the list will continue to grow not to mention the upperclassman and any others not listed who are sure to get drafted ahead of cj...also are those below who could potentially go before cj...I'm sure He will make the decision that's right for him, but its not looking good for him being a 1st rounder.

Pressy
Kabongo
Alex Len

I don't think Vander Blue or Phil Pressey are a guarantee to go ahead of Fair, but I agree on all of the other guys.

I'd also add:
Anthony Bennett
Marcus Smart
Rudy Gobert
Plumlee
Olynyk
Isiah Austin (if he declares, not sure if he has yet)
CJ McCollum
Steven Adams
Jeff Withey
Jamaal Franklin
Giannis Adetokunbo

So at best, he's one of the last 2 picks of the 1st round if I'm doing my math right. I just don't think that's a good business move.

All it takes is one team that will take a chance.

And, I am not sold that all those players you list will go ahead of C.J.

C.J. is still an elite athlete, deadly within 20 feet w/ an exceptional left hand. I will bet C.J. is talking to a # of teams who pick in the back of the 1st round to see if he can get a promise or is under strong consideration.

All it takes is one team that will take a chance.

And, I am not sold that all those players you list will go ahead of C.J.

C.J. is still an elite athlete, deadly within 20 feet w/ an exceptional left hand. I will bet C.J. is talking to a # of teams who pick in the back of the 1st round to see if he can get a promise or is under strong consideration.

If he is, it's against the NBA rules. College players aren't allowed to talk to NBA teams until the combine I believe, but he can submit his name to a panel of NBA front office guys that will try to get an idea of his projected draft range.

Having said that, I'd be surprised if Fair is selected over any of those guys that I listed. And having a strong strong-hand isn't a strength. It's to be expected. Fair isn't much of an NBA prospect at this point. Not big enough to play the 4. Not skilled enough to play the 3. Poor ball-handler, will struggle to get his jumpshot off at the next level unless he gets it quicker (which he could do over the offseason), and most of his shots inside would be blocked in the NBA. He's gotten better over his 3 years at Syracuse, but not much from an NBA prospect perspective, so NBA teams probably don't see him having that much untapped potential at this point.

If he is, it's against the NBA rules. College players aren't allowed to talk to NBA teams until the combine I believe, but he can submit his name to a panel of NBA front office guys that will try to get an idea of his projected draft range.

Having said that, I'd be surprised if Fair is selected over any of those guys that I listed. And having a strong strong-hand isn't a strength. It's to be expected. Fair isn't much of an NBA prospect at this point. Not big enough to play the 4. Not skilled enough to play the 3. Poor ball-handler, will struggle to get his jumpshot off at the next level unless he gets it quicker (which he could do over the offseason), and most of his shots inside would be blocked in the NBA. He's gotten better over his 3 years at Syracuse, but not much from an NBA prospect perspective, so NBA teams probably don't see him having that much untapped potential at this point.

Your telling me he doesn't have value to a team as an 8th player in the rotation right now? That is what a lot of contenders in the back of the draft will be looking for.

Of players listed in the 2 lists, I don't think it is an absolute given he is taken ahead of:

C.J. Leslie
Reggie Bullock
Allen Crabbe
B.J. Young
Myck Kabongo
Rudy Gobert
Mason Plumlee
Olynyk
Steven Adams
Jeff Withey

Absolute given is the key. I personally think there is a clear top 15-20 in this draft, then there is a massive group of players contending for the spots in the back of the 1st round and it all comes down to team preference. I mean, between the 2 lists, there are 7 Centers (Noel, Zeller, Dieng, Plumlee, Olynyk, Adams, Withey) and then a number of big 4's.

There is no 100 % certainty with this and it is a risk. But, I think people are quick to dismiss him for players that have more name recog w/ similar skills (Leslie).

For the record, I think he comes back. But, I can totally see a team taking him in the back of the first round.

Cj Leslie
Victor oladipo
Trey Burke
Ben mclemore
Nerlens Noel
Archie Goodwin
Mcw
Deshaun Thomas
Zeller
Bullock
Crabbe
Vander bleu
Bj young
Otto
Muhammed
Zieng

Foreigners

Pressy
Kabongo
Alex Len

as long as this list is the list will be longer next year, no matter how much he improves. i don't want him to go, but for him it may be the best decision if you are basing it on draft position, which means a lot.

If he is, it's against the NBA rules. College players aren't allowed to talk to NBA teams until the combine I believe, but he can submit his name to a panel of NBA front office guys that will try to get an idea of his projected draft range..

He isn't. His advisor (every player has an agent) can't help if it comes up in casual conversation amongst GM's...

Your telling me he doesn't have value to a team as an 8th player in the rotation right now? That is what a lot of contenders in the back of the draft will be looking for.

Of players listed in the 2 lists, I don't think it is an absolute given he is taken ahead of:

C.J. Leslie
Reggie Bullock
Allen Crabbe
B.J. Young
Myck Kabongo
Rudy Gobert
Mason Plumlee
Olynyk
Steven Adams
Jeff Withey

Absolute given is the key. I personally think there is a clear top 15-20 in this draft, then there is a massive group of players contending for the spots in the back of the 1st round and it all comes down to team preference. I mean, between the 2 lists, there are 7 Centers (Noel, Zeller, Dieng, Plumlee, Olynyk, Adams, Withey) and then a number of big 4's.

There is no 100 % certainty with this and it is a risk. But, I think people are quick to dismiss him for players that have more name recog w/ similar skills (Leslie).

For the record, I think he comes back. But, I can totally see a team taking him in the back of the first round.

I honestly don't think he can be the 8th player in an NBA rotation right now. I think he'd struggle to get any minutes at all honestly, and guys like CJ Leslie, BJ Young, Reggie Bullock or maybe even Jeff Withey could be debatable, but Withey is far more NBA ready than CJ right now and Leslie has more upside.

The other guys will easily be taken ahead of CJ though. Gobert, Adams, Olynyk, and Plumlee have all been projected as possible lottery picks, while Kabongo is easily a 1st round pick. Crabbe definitely has more upside than Fair and is probably a better NBA player right away as well.

as long as this list is the list will be longer next year, no matter how much he improves. i don't want him to go, but for him it may be the best decision if you are basing it on draft position, which means a lot.

I don't think this is necessarily true. Every year, we say the following draft will be better because we haven't gotten to see all of the high school player's flaws yet.

Even DraftExpress has guys like Glenn Robinson III, Mitch McGary, Willie Cauley-Stein, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (another guy that is guaranteed to go ahead of CJ Fair), and many others projected to go higher in the 2014 draft than they would have in the 2013 draft.

Next year's draft is stocked because it has two potential star players in Wiggins and Jabari Parker, along with guys like Aaron Gordon and Julius Randle that could end up being very good NBA players, but the overall depth of the draft isn't anything special at this point, so it's very realistic that if CJ Fair improves his right hand in the off-season and shows an ability to create his own scoring opportunities, he could improve his draft stock (though personally, I don't see him as a scorer in the NBA, so it would probably do him better to focus on improving other areas of his game; ball-handling, passing, defense, etc.)

News Bulletin...
College basketball players will all be required to wear name tags next season...
Geez... Talk about high turnover...

is bullock even any good? i always felt he was insanely mediocre.

I honestly don't think he can be the 8th player in an NBA rotation right now. I think he'd struggle to get any minutes at all honestly, and guys like CJ Leslie, BJ Young, Reggie Bullock or maybe even Jeff Withey could be debatable, but Withey is far more NBA ready than CJ right now and Leslie has more upside.

The other guys will easily be taken ahead of CJ though. Gobert, Adams, Olynyk, and Plumlee have all been projected as possible lottery picks, while Kabongo is easily a 1st round pick. Crabbe definitely has more upside than Fair and is probably a better NBA player right away as well.

See, I think C.J. has the ability to be a fit in a penetrating PG offense where he can catch and shoot. I think he profiles as at least an avg NBA defender right now.

My point with that list is that all those players I list also have flaws. So, if we were to look at SF's in the draft right now, who is 100% ahead of C.J.?

- Reggie Bullock (NBA Role - shooter) - Ford has late 1st
- C.J. Leslie (NBA Role - Upside pick) - Ford has 2nd round
- Tony Mitchell (NBA Role - scorer) - Ford has 20-40 range
- Adonis Thomas (NBA Role - ?) - Ford has 2nd round
- C.J. Fair (NBA Role - mid-range) - ?

I think this is the batch C.J. would be competing with in camps (include Hardaway Jr, Robinson Jr and Nash if they opt to declare).

I just think 1 team could think in the back end of the 1st that has a need for a SF, that he may fill the role better then a Leslie (honestly, I think a pick like Leslie is what is done by bad franchises, as juniors have no upside left to NBA teams) and there is a chance he could get popped. I mean, I was surprised KJ was drafted at all and CJ is better then KJ w/ a similar strength draft class.

See, I think C.J. has the ability to be a fit in a penetrating PG offense where he can catch and shoot. I think he profiles as at least an avg NBA defender right now.

My point with that list is that all those players I list also have flaws. So, if we were to look at SF's in the draft right now, who is 100% ahead of C.J.?

- Reggie Bullock (NBA Role - shooter) - Ford has late 1st
- C.J. Leslie (NBA Role - Upside pick) - Ford has 2nd round
- Tony Mitchell (NBA Role - scorer) - Ford has 20-40 range
- Adonis Thomas (NBA Role - ?) - Ford has 2nd round
- C.J. Fair (NBA Role - mid-range) - ?

I think this is the batch C.J. would be competing with in camps (include Hardaway Jr, Robinson Jr and Nash if they opt to declare).

I just think 1 team could think in the back end of the 1st that has a need for a SF, that he may fill the role better then a Leslie (honestly, I think a pick like Leslie is what is done by bad franchises, as juniors have no upside left to NBA teams) and there is a chance he could get popped. I mean, I was surprised KJ was drafted at all and CJ is better then KJ w/ a similar strength draft class.

I do agree that he could end up being one of the last picks of the 1st round, but my point is that if that's where his upside is, why would he bother trying to make the jump this year when he can work on his flaws and become a more attractive NBA prospect next year?

And I think he could end up being an average NBA defender, but he has to prove that still. He's not even that great of a zone defender (though he made some huge strides down the stretch this year).

I do agree that he could end up being one of the last picks of the 1st round, but my point is that if that's where his upside is, why would he bother trying to make the jump this year when he can work on his flaws and become a more attractive NBA prospect next year?

And I think he could end up being an average NBA defender, but he has to prove that still. He's not even that great of a zone defender (though he made some huge strides down the stretch this year).

I do agree. But, he won't prove he can be an avg NBA defender coming back to school. The other thing I wonder, who is the top senior prospect for the draft this year that isn't a center? Probably McCollum, who would have been a mid to late 1st rounder last year. His draft status stayed close to the same (maybe ticked up a bit). Then, I honestly can't find another one that would be a 1st rounder.

I have to think C.J.'s advisor is telling him about the stigma (which is sad) that being a senior in the NBA draft brings.

Like I said, I think he comes back. But, I think this is where his thought process is.

I don't think this is necessarily true. Every year, we say the following draft will be better because we haven't gotten to see all of the high school player's flaws yet.

Even DraftExpress has guys like Glenn Robinson III, Mitch McGary, Willie Cauley-Stein, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (anotheIT r guy that is guaranteed to go ahead of CJ Fair), and many others projected to go higher in the 2014 draft than they would have in the 2013 draft.

Next year's draft is stocked because it has two potential star players in Wiggins and Jabari Parker, along with guys like Aaron Gordon and Julius Randle that could end up being very good NBA players, but the overall depth of the draft isn't anything special at this point, so it's very realistic that if CJ Fair improves his right hand in the off-season and shows an ability to create his own scoring opportunities, he could improve his draft stock (though personally, I don't see him as a scorer in the NBA, so it would probably do him better to focus on improving other areas of his game; ball-handling, passing, defense, etc.)

the nba draft is almost entirely based on potential these days. 18 year olds with high ceilings will go higher then 22 year olds with a more polished game, but relatively little more to improve on.

this years draft is arguably the worst ever, while next year will be one of the best. These HS kids draft stock has pretty much already been determined. Look at Noel. He had one of the more disappointing seasons you can have, and he will still go #1. Wiggins , Randle, Harrison twins, Gordon, Young, the list goes on are basically already lottery picks barring drastic circumstances.

I do agree. But, he won't prove he can be an avg NBA defender coming back to school. The other thing I wonder, who is the top senior prospect for the draft this year that isn't a center? Probably McCollum, who would have been a mid to late 1st rounder last year. His draft status stayed close to the same (maybe ticked up a bit). Then, I honestly can't find another one that would be a 1st rounder.

I have to think C.J.'s advisor is telling him about the stigma (which is sad) that being a senior in the NBA draft brings.

Like I said, I think he comes back. But, I think this is where his thought process is.

If Plumlee is considered a PF, he's a senior.

Other than him and McCollum, the only senior non-centers that could sneak into the 1st round are probably Erick Green and Nate Wolters. I think I've even seen some talk that Jackie Carmichael could be a sleeper for a team like the Spurs that likes taking chances on older guys.

Last year, there were 3 or 4 non-center seniors that were considered possible 1st round picks. I think 2 or 3 of them ended up actually getting picked in the first.

The year before, there were 7 non-center seniors taken in the 1st, and 4 more among the first 10 picks of the 2nd round.

the nba draft is almost entirely based on potential these days. 18 year olds with high ceilings will go higher then 22 year olds with a more polished game, but relatively little more to improve on.

this years draft is arguably the worst ever, while next year will be one of the best. These HS kids draft stock has pretty much already been determined. Look at Noel. He had one of the more disappointing seasons you can have, and he will still go #1. Wiggins , Randle, Harrison twins, Gordon, Young, the list goes on are basically already lottery picks barring drastic circumstances.

I disagree on Noel. I think he actually showed a lot of skill this year.

Wiggins, Randle, Parker, and Gordon I think are locks for the top 6 or so in the draft next year, I don't the other incoming freshman will prove to be that special, and again, these are guys that you believe are lottery picks. Fair isn't going to be a lottery pick. It seems to me that next year's draft is very top heavy, but after that, there's a big drop-off where Fair could end up being a 18-25 range pick if he improves his game substantially (I'm personally skeptical, but we'll see).

C.J Fair COULD go in the first round please stop with this ignorance. We all want him to return Fair isn't a lottery pick this year or next so if he goes this year he could go in first round it only takes 1 team to draft him. Fair has NBA talent, and maybe he wants to play professional basketball.
Noel, Smart, McLemore, Porter, Oladipo, Muhammad, Burke, Bennett, Len, Zeller, MCW, Olynyk are the only locks to go ahead of Fair if he declares. Why couldn't Fair go ahead of Mason Plumlee, James Franklin, C.J. McCollum, Kentavius Caldwell-Pope, C.J. Leslie, Jeff Withey, Gorgei Dieng, Allen Crabbe, Reggie Bullock, or Steven Adams. Fair could go from 13 to 30 for sure. I hope C.J wants to return, but it wouldn't shock me if he goes and he gets drafted in the mid-first round.

C.J Fair COULD go in the first round please stop with this ignorance. We all want him to return Fair isn't a lottery pick this year or next so if he goes this year he could go in first round it only takes 1 team to draft him. Fair has NBA talent, and maybe he wants to play professional basketball.
Noel, Smart, McLemore, Porter, Oladipo, Muhammad, Burke, Bennett, Len, Zeller, MCW, Olynyk are the only locks to go ahead of Fair if he declares. Why couldn't Fair go ahead of Mason Plumlee, James Franklin, C.J. McCollum, Kentavius Caldwell-Pope, C.J. Leslie, Jeff Withey, Gorgei Dieng, Allen Crabbe, Reggie Bullock, or Steven Adams. Fair could go from 13 to 30 for sure. I hope C.J wants to return, but it wouldn't shock me if he goes and he gets drafted in the mid-first round.

Bullock and maybe Dieng or Withey could go behind Fair, but he has no chance of going ahead of guys like Plumlee, McCollum, KCP, etc. he's now where near them as a prospect.

Bullock and maybe Dieng or Withey could go behind Fair, but he has no chance of going ahead of guys like Plumlee, McCollum, KCP, etc. he's now where near them as a prospect.
Plumlee is going to get eaten alive in the NBA, he is soft, can't create his own shot, is slow defensively, and hasn't shown he can play the 4 spot in the NBA. I would draft C.J. Fair before Plumlee who is going to get drafted and after 2 years end up in Europe. KCP is a intriguing prospect, but hasn't proven he is a better than C.J. Fair. McCollum wasn't healthy this year, and he is rated higher now, but Fair could fit a system better than him. Fair will go in the 1st round I am pretty sure of it now.

CJ Fair is a dime a dozen NBA player. He's not a PF and he's not quick enough, big enough or a good enough ball handler to be a true SF. I really don't know if he'll consistently get his shot off against bigger and faster NBA players like he sometimes can struggle with in college. And his jumper is still a bit slow with room for improvement. He's like a 3.5, not a 3 and definitely not a 4. He should probably be a SG but doesn't have the skills.

Just look at any NBA roster. There are NUMEROUS 6'6"-6'7" guys with better offensive skills than CJ currently possesses and many are better athletes. I really find it hard to believe some team will take him in the 1st round with his current skill set. A final season of improvement and working on his offensive package and I could definitely see him as a 1st rounder next year.

Whatever he does, I just hope it isn't the wrong decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom