Plaza 44 groundbreaking tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

Plaza 44 groundbreaking tomorrow

Could they actually create statues that look like the players this time? I think this is a great idea but it is impossible not to wonder how SU will screw it up- can they ever do anything right when it comes to honoring the past?

Could they actually create statues that look like the players this time? I think this is a great idea but it is impossible not to wonder how SU will screw it up- can they ever do anything right when it comes to honoring the past?
the Ernie Davis statue doesn't look like Ernie?

medium_statue.jpg

Oh please Bud. We all know Jim Brown has had issues so I doubt anything much more than that will come up at this point. You can't just forget honoring people just because of stupid Joe Paterno. Not your best effort Bud - which is saying something.

This looks very nice, but it's in a place where most people will never see it. On game day on the Quad, even opposing team fans stop at the Ernie Davis statue and take pictures. I would like to see a Wall of Fame (or some other form of recognition) on the plaza in front of the Dome to recognize all Orangemen -- players and coaches -- who have been inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. It's shameful that Ben Schwartzwalder has not been recognized anywhere on campus.

This looks very nice, but it's in a place where most people will never see it. On game day on the Quad, even opposing team fans stop at the Ernie Davis statue and take pictures. I would like to see a Wall of Fame (or some other form of recognition) on the plaza in front of the Dome to recognize all Orangemen -- players and coaches -- who have been inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. It's shameful that Ben Schwartzwalder has not been recognized anywhere on campus.

Yet we have a communist trial mural greeting us as we enter the quad... :noidea: