Possible 5th year Transfers at QB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Possible 5th year Transfers at QB

I mentioned this in another thread, but if Dino keeps reiterating that his system take 1.5 years to implement I would imagine that goes for the QB's in his system as well. With that said, unless these QB's are running the same system (or very close to it) I don't think picking up a 5th yr grad transfer here makes much sense, wouldn't they be to far behind the curve? Maybe one of our coach's on the board could chime in with their thoughts?

I don't doubt what you are saying, but look how quickly Dungey picked up on things in one spring and one fall. It really comes down to Dungey's return or not. If you lose him and Austin Wilson, then I don't think you can go into the year with just Zack, Culpepper, DeVito, walk on. I think you need to see if one of these QBs can help, and at least provide depth.

1.5 years is probably going to mean the start of the 3rd year.

Last edited:
I think graduating seniors at other schools who are not strong NFL candidates will notice that ET has accomplished here. I think a good TE who wants to resurrect his NFL chances via Babers is a better fit for our needs.

We need a 5th year TE, WR or DB worse. I think between DeVito, Culpepper and Mahoney we are covered.

Do we really need a Tight End? I don't think they used one very much in their offense this year. They seem to prefer small fast slot guys to the big TE going over the middle for a catch. I think we could use a D line guy more than anything else.

i see no reason to bring in a career bench warming QB.

Yes, I doubt any good 5th year QB is coming to sit the bench. If a 5th year QB comes in anyone else wonder if there's a chance that Culpepper/Mahoney transfers?

I don't doubt what you are saying, but look how quickly Dungey picked up on things in one spring and one fall. It really comes down to Dungey's return or not. If you lose him and Austin Wilson, then I don't think you can go into the year with just Zack, Culpepper, DeVito, walk on. I think you need to see if one of these QBs can help, and at least provide depth.

1.5 years is probably going to mean the start of the 3rd year.

Good god is that a frightening thought. 3 wins max with any of them starting the whole season.

Good god is that a frightening thought. 3 wins max with any of them starting the whole season.

Rex will be the same age next season as Dungey was this year. He was a higher rated recruit. He will have a full year to learn the system.

He doesn't have any game experience but neither did Dungey at the start of last year.
I'm not ready to appoint Rex as our savior but I wouldn't be frightened either.

Really? Is Rex and TD on your "any of them" list? If so, I'm not sure how anyone can make such a blanket statement without ever have seen either player play a single down.

Besides, like this season, we'll only win as many games as our defense keeps us in. With no improvement on that side of the ball, 4-5 wins max.

If Dungey is not cleared I would love to see Babers land Zaire to run the offense in 2017.