Possible 5th year Transfers at QB | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Possible 5th year Transfers at QB

No offense to Shane but I'm not sure he would be a good fit for our offense - or any offense that requires competent QB play.

No offense to Shane but I'm not sure he would be a good fit for our offense - or any offense that requires competent QB play.
Ouch!

I think bringing in a 5th year QB is imperative. Who knows Dungey's status, and who here thinks he will last an entire season? Rex could be good, but is still a RS Fr and hasn't really played football in a few years. Mahoney is Mahoney. Great guy to have on the team, but is a BU all the way. TD needs to RS a year and sit.

I think bringing in a 5th year QB is imperative. Who knows Dungey's status, and who here thinks he will last an entire season? Rex could be good, but is still a RS Fr and hasn't really played football in a few years. Mahoney is Mahoney. Great guy to have on the team, but is a BU all the way. TD needs to RS a year and sit.

I think he would last the season if we had a running game.

I think he would last the season if we had a running game.

The chances of ED making it through another season unscathed, assuming he can still play and we had a semblance of a running game, is zero at this juncture. He's damaged goods and you can't bet a season on that. Love the kid and wish him the very best but I'm not holding out hope. Dino better find himself a transfer or 5th year QB for next year.

The chances of ED making it through another season unscathed, assuming he can still play and we had a semblance of a running game, is zero at this juncture. He's damaged goods and you can't bet a season on that. Love the kid and wish him the very best but I'm not holding out hope. Dino better find himself a transfer or 5th year QB for next year.

Or go the JUCO route. Depth and competition is good. We certainly have the space with the graduating guys and attrition (with more to come i assume).

Haven't seen any interest in 5th year yet.. and they are out there.

whether a grad transfer or a JUCO, I think we need to bring a QB in, even if Dungey is cleared for next year.
If Dungey is cleared to play that gives us: ED, ZM, RC and TD on scholarship along with Mo Hasan as a preferred walk on. Keep in mind that the staff thought enough of Hasan to red shirt him. From what I've read/heard he turned some heads running the scout team.

Imo, the only way they look at bringing in a stop gap QB is if ED gets medically disqualified or transfers.

If Dungey is cleared to play that gives us: ED, ZM, RC and TD on scholarship along with Mo Hasan as a preferred walk on. Keep in mind that the staff thought enough of Hasan to red shirt him. From what I've read/heard he turned some heads running the scout team.

Imo, the only way they look at bringing in a stop gap QB is if ED gets medically disqualified or transfers.
I agree. It doesn't make sense to have a QB come in and learn the system in 2 months, when we've been told all along it takes a year plus to learn said system.

Might be too soon to know much about 5th years.
Most are still prepping for bowl games, and our coaches are working other priorities through signing day.

Really interested in more insight on Mo. On his tape he looked accurate, willing to take chances and a very quick release. Downside seemed to be arm strength - if that were to improve only slightly, he looks legit.

While it would be nice if Zaire landed in our laps, I really don't want a transfer QB. It will take a while for them to learn the system and ins and outs of what Dino and staff like to do. Personally, if there is a nice running back transfer id be much more interested. Also lineman, but thats a position where transfers don't normally happen.

I'm actually encouraged that we haven't pursued the 5th year QBs. That makes me more optimistic for Dungey.

How would we know if we are or not? Didn't AET kind of fly under the radar? Then again, it could just be me - I don't remember hearing his name before his transfer was announced.

I'm actually encouraged that we haven't pursued the 5th year QBs. That makes me more optimistic for Dungey.
I am not so sure. They may like what they have especially with Devito coming in. Next year will probably be another learning year with or without Dungey. The may know that it takes more than Spring and Fall practice to learn the system. If that is the case the time might be better spent with a guy that is our future.

I am not so sure. They may like what they have especially with Devito coming in. Next year will probably be another learning year with or without Dungey. The may know that it takes more than Spring and Fall practice to learn the system. If that is the case the time might be better spent with a guy that is our future.
I agree. I guess I mean that it would be a bad sign if we hear that the staff gets involved with a ton of 5th year guys. Not hearing about it is something I'd take as a positive.

I agree. I guess I mean that it would be a bad sign if we hear that the staff gets involved with a ton of 5th year guys. Not hearing about it is something I'd take as a positive.
I guess I am so conditioned to bad news that I simply assume ED is done. Would be such a huge shame

mahoney went from a nobody walkon to a guy who almost set the school passing record in just one season of this system. Why would we think a 5th yr guy couldnt do the same since they probably are starting at a higher point then he came in with?

but also unless you know ED is not coming back why would anyone with a decent ceiling come here and more than likely not play? these kids can wait until after spring ball to make any decision if need be.

Czfq4syXEAA1mZD.jpg