Possible 5th year Transfers at QB | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Possible 5th year Transfers at QB

mahoney went from a nobody walkon to a guy who almost set the school passing record in just one season of this system. Why would we think a 5th yr guy couldnt do the same since they probably are starting at a higher point then he came in with?

but also unless you know ED is not coming back why would anyone with a decent ceiling come here and more than likely not play? these kids can wait until after spring ball to make any decision if need be.
Because Mahoney played one good game against the 127th pass defense in the country - out of 128!!
Otherwise he was not up to P5 competition in other than an option system. He would be killing it at Georgia Tech. More 5th year transfers fail than succeeed. The ones that do make baselines, but the others just fade back to the bench.

Malik Henry of Florida State has decided to transfer. I think he redshirted this season, so I don't know if he would have to sit.

@BruceFeldmanCFB

Have heard Hawaii could be an option for Anu, but he figures to have plenty of other interest.

Malik Henry of Florida State has decided to transfer. I think he redshirted this season, so I don't know if he would have to sit.

Henry is a potential mega-stud. Would do anything possible to get a guy that talented.

If Dungey is cleared to play that gives us: ED, ZM, RC and TD on scholarship along with Mo Hasan as a preferred walk on. Keep in mind that the staff thought enough of Hasan to red shirt him. From what I've read/heard he turned some heads running the scout team.

Imo, the only way they look at bringing in a stop gap QB is if ED gets medically disqualified or transfers.

Just my opinion, but Dungey being cleared doesn't really change much for me. He's still a hit away, and it doesn't take a bigger more athletic team to do it. In fact, the MAC ahole who started us down this road returns early next year. I continue to wish bad things upon him.

I don't know if a 5th year transfer is the answer, but Dungey picked up on this system really well in one spring and one fall. I just know that counting on Dungey too much next year is probably setting yourself up for disappointment. He just doesn't take hits well, it's nothing personal, it just is what it is.

If he's on his feet for 12 games, major upside.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind bringing in a 5th year guy and just letting Dungey RS next year and just get healthy. He never RS here and it would help him get better. If DeVito wasn't ready as RS Fr then let Dungey start one year and then go to DeVito as a Soph.

I wouldn't mind bringing in a 5th year guy and just letting Dungey RS next year and just get healthy. He never RS here and it would help him get better. If DeVito wasn't ready as RS Fr then let Dungey start one year and then go to DeVito as a Soph.

If Dungey plays next year and stays healthy (God, please), then TD will be waiting a few years to take over the reigns. TD doesn't beat out a healthy ED IMHO.

If Dungey plays next year and stays healthy (God, please), then TD will be waiting a few years to take over the reigns. TD doesn't beat out a healthy ED IMHO.

I can not even process how this is a question.

Not a fifth year QB but VT is getting a QB transfer from Kansas.