Possible assistant coaches... | Syracusefan.com

Possible assistant coaches...

Love it! Love that he is bringing in alot of his own guys from BG at the key spots

Well, so much for Acosta. Damn.

I expect Gregory to coach the DBs. We will see though.

If he's bringing along two wide receivers coaches, that means we're not keeping Acosta?

Lynch coaches both the OL and RB at Bowling Green, too. So, you could EASILY take one of those off his plate. I like the idea of Acosta being retained as the RB/RC. Could see Clark Lea staying on as LB coach given his history with Dino.

Keep in mind, Acosta doesn't NEED to stick at WR. He was coaching TE last year, after all. He's been a HC, so he no doubt has the ability to coach RB if that opens up in this move.

Lynch coaches both the OL and RB at Bowling Green, too. So, you could EASILY take one of those off his plate. I like the idea of Acosta being retained as the RB/RC. Could see Clark Lea staying on as LB coach given his history with Dino.

Keep in mind, Acosta doesn't NEED to stick at WR. He was coaching TE last year, after all. He's been a HC, so he no doubt has the ability to coach RB if that opens up in this move.

There has to be a typo somewhere above in the OP. If not, that means he's going to have 2 WR coaches? I assume one of those was RBs.

There has to be a typo somewhere above in the OP. If not, that means he's going to have 2 WR coaches? I assume one of those was RBs.
No, Lynch is definitely the RB coach, per the Bowling Green website. McCloud is "receivers" and Sowder is "outside receivers."

HCDB Marroned the BG staff.

Who's the OL coach and what relationship does Lea have with HCDB?

McCloud is listed as WR coach
Sowder is listed as "outside receivers coach"

Unless "Scoop" got the scoop wrong.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Via @FootballScoop: New Syracuse HC Dino Babers will bring Bowling Green
Co-OCs Mike Lynch and Sean Lewis,
WRs coach Kim McCloud
TEs coach Tom Freeman,
WRs coach Andrew Sowder,
DC Brian Ward (Babers noted this one in presser) and
ST/DL coach Tom Kaufman
We need the best OL coach we can find. The better the OL the better the the team. The offense must help keep the defense rested by not doing their now famous "three and out"

In addition to Lynch, Freeman - the TE coach is also listed as an Asst. OL coach on the BG website. So, 2 WR coaches and 2 OL coaches?

It also looks like BG had 2 DB coaches - one "Secondary" and one CB - although neither is reportedly coming here.

They also had a Recruiting Coordinator who had no other duties other than recruiting.

No, Lynch is definitely the RB coach, per the Bowling Green website. McCloud is "receivers" and Sowder is "outside receivers."

Right, but it lists WR Coach twice above. That's all.

OL - Mitch Browning be looking for a job

DC Brian Ward (Babers noted this one in presser)

Which he qualified with an "if I can get him" statement. Was this later clarified?

As interim HC at BG, Ward is a candidate to take over (may not be the favorite at this time, but that could change). How does SU DC compare with BG HC in terms of prestige, salary, upward mobility potential?

DC Brian Ward (Babers noted this one in presser)

Which he qualified with an "if I can get him" statement. Was this later clarified?

As interim HC at BG, Ward is a candidate to take over (may not be the favorite at this time, but that could change). How does SU DC compare with BG HC in terms of prestige, salary, upward mobility potential?

Being a HC would be the quickest way to upward mobility. Assuming it pans out well, he could land a P5 HC job in a few years. Can't really say he would make the jump from Cuse DC to P5 HC in the same amount of time.

McCloud has coached defense his whole career basically before last year...so quite possible he shifts back over and WR spot open for Acosta fwiw

Too bad if Nick Monroe isn't one of the guys he brings in-Supposed to be a very good recruiter and good DB coach.

McCloud has coached defense his whole career basically before last year...so quite possible he shifts back over and WR spot open for Acosta fwiw
Good point. He's been a DB coach most of his career and it just so happens, there's no DB coach listed among those transitioning with Dino.