Orangeyes Daily Articles for Saturday - Postgame and Saturday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Saturday Postgame and Saturday Articles

Syracuse salvages season opener against Villanova in double overtime after Hunt’s ejection in 1st half (DO: Klinger)

Q&A: Villanova linebacker Lucas discusses being punched by Hunt (DO: Dougherty)

Villanova quarterback Robertson exposes Syracuse’s defensive inefficiencies despite Orange win (PS: Dougherty)

Gallery: Syracuse takes on Villanova in Carrier Dome to open season (DO: Maller)

BwQb8ZpIMAE-TlA.jpg

Last edited:
Nate Mink‏@MinkNate 28m
McDonald on Hunt "It's your job to keep composure & lead the football team. Actions like that aren't what we're about, & won't be tolerated"

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 8h
George McDonald: "It was one of those games… there’s probably going to be more of them down the road." ... Can you even imagine?

1. Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 8h
  2. Lucas: "When I rolled off him I felt a punch. There were no words exchanged, but maybe it was the way our defense kept pressuring him."

9:44 PM - 29 Aug 2014
  1. Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 8h
  2. Villanova LB Dillon Lucas, who Hunt punched: "I was trying to make a play on the ball and I guess he didn't like the way I hit him."

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 9h
Hunt was not made available to the media by SU Athletics. And with a bye week, we won't get to speak with him until 8/9.