Class of 2015 - Potential New Name at CB/S Ronnie Hoggins Jr | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Potential New Name at CB/S Ronnie Hoggins Jr

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
Hey Everyone... So you all know I've been doing the analyzing of video for our current SU commits. They are being posted on .com, and I'll continue to post the links here after they come out. I'm also going to start getting into prospect interviews and doing a little recruiting coverage.

In doing some research this morning, I've found a new name out of Florida who the staff may be in talks with and may be coming to visit. He has some impressive offers, but I want to hold off on the name until I know more for sure. I'm checking into the information I found/was given and am waiting on an answer. I want to keep this under wraps right now, because I don't want to be out-scooped by one of the bigger sites if it turns out to be correct.

Just wanted to post something that could be a little exciting. Stay tuned and I'll post information as I get it!

GO ORANGE!

While this is a nice tease, I guess I'm not sure what the goal of giving us this tease is. Or rather the point of holding back a name that we simply might be getting involved with.

Now I'm all excited without anything to really be excited about lol

While this is a nice tease, I guess I'm not sure what the goal of giving us this tease is. Or rather the point of holding back a name that we simply might be getting involved with.

Well if you'd rather not have information like this, I'll hold on to it.

It lets us know that there are more names out there that we may not know about yet. I like it, please continue Jack.

Hey Everyone... So you all know I've been doing the analyzing of video for our current SU commits. They are being posted on .com, and I'll continue to post the links here after they come out. I'm also going to start getting into prospect interviews and doing a little recruiting coverage.

In doing some research this morning, I've found a new name out of Florida who the staff may be in talks with and may be coming to visit. He has some impressive offers, but I want to hold off on the name until I know more for sure. I'm checking into the information I found/was given and am waiting on an answer. I want to keep this under wraps right now, because I don't want to be out-scooped by one of the bigger sites if it turns out to be correct.

Just wanted to post something that could be a little exciting. Stay tuned and I'll post information as I get it!

GO ORANGE!

J did you do a search on the forum to make sure it isn't a prospect that was offered awhile back?

So what is the name of the game at this point on something like this?

Do we only offer if we feel there is mutual interest?

Does the coach reach out to us or us to them?

I'm sure there are many different situation but the only recruiting I follow is here so I am naïve to how these things work.

Thanks for the write ups JB44 and all the tweeter info CL. I am better at following tweeter since I started paying attention but you almost have to be up to date sometimes so I appreciate when you clarify things too!

Well if you'd rather not have information like this, I'll hold on to it.

No need to be so defensive. I'm not saying you don't know anything, clearly you are in the know. I just think if it were me, I wouldn't share something, until there was something going on that I was comfortable enough to share. By your own post this is something in the early stages that has at least as much chance of not happening, as it does of happening at this point.

I'm not saying don't give us what you can, I just question the timing is all. I can't be the only one that opened the thread, read your post and came away with no tangible information other than JB is excited (which is admittedly usually a good thing for us)

No need to be so defensive. I'm not saying you don't know anything, clearly you are in the know. I just think if it were me, I wouldn't share something, until there was something going on that I was comfortable enough to share. By your own post this is something in the early stages that has at least as much chance of not happening, as it does of happening at this point.

I'm not saying don't give us what you can, I just question the timing is all. I can't be the only one that opened the thread, read your post and came away with no tangible information other than JB is excited (which is admittedly usually a good thing for us)

I don't think he's being defensive - it's just annoying that practically everytime someone drops a little hint on here, there has to be someone complaining that they either spill the beans or not post at all. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Others, myself included, like to know that there may be a surprise out there we don't know about.

He has every right to be defensive. JB44 is giving us a little holiday cheer, a little nugget of info, and the first response is your somewhat negative questioning why he didn't give us a name. Just ignore it if you don't like it. Your type of posts are the reason we get fewer people in the know sharing with us. Please Jack Bauer continue to post whatever info you have and I love the analysis too. Thanks for your contribution.

He has every right to be defensive. JB44 is giving us a little holiday cheer, a little nugget of info, and the first response is your somewhat negative questioning why he didn't give us a name. Just ignore it if you don't like it. Your type of posts are the reason we get fewer people in the know sharing with us. Please Jack Bauer continue to post whatever info you have and I love the analysis too. Thanks for your contribution.

Sweet Jesus that is not what I said. I didn't berate him for not giving us a damn name. I didn't go after him for a source. Heck I didn't even question if what he was saying is true, because it clearly is, it's the staffs job to be exploring all possibilities at this time, and the fact this kid is from Florida (a place we have had great success recruiting people) makes it extremely believable that this could be playing out behind the scenes.

The only thing i asked is why say literally nothing? If you cant give us any info at the time (which what he said is pretty close to nothing) why not simply wait until you are comfortable being able to say more? That's all I said, and Bauer got defensive instead of answering the question. Actually I'm not so sure some of the people 'jumping to his defense' aren't more pissed off about what I said than Bauer himself.

I get that information is exciting, especially given the struggles of football and basketball this year, but just because I had an opinion that wasn't "OMGZ you have some inside info you are amazing!" People are pissed off.

Bauer has done some exceptional work getting us tidbits before as well as many other board members in the know (of which I am most certainly not). They can say things as they please and have earned the rights of credibility and decency from people on here and don't deserve a huge chunk of the "do they have sources?" debates they deal with. All I asked was why give us basically nothing now instead of waiting until there is something to give?

Perhaps I could have sidestepped all the drama and BS if I had just said 'when can you tell us more?' I still wouldn't have gotten a real answer, but at least I wouldn't be being attacked for a simple question.

Let's not let this get out of hand. My intentions were to let people know there may be some work going on behind the scenes. I'm trying like hell to follow the leads I am getting. There is a lot that makes sense with this one.

Libero is a regular on the recruiting board and brings great insight and discussion. I take no issue with his first comment. I want to throw the name out there, but only want to post things in 100% clear on. It's called a recruiting teaser for a reason.

Rest assured, as soon as I am 100% confident with information, I'll be positing it.

What is going on in this thread?

I don't know but after reading the BB forum and the IPF Turf thread that has turned into another Uniform back and forth I am getting a headache. Give it a rest... all of you.

Let's not let this get out of hand. My intentions were to let people know there may be some work going on behind the scenes. I'm trying like hell to follow the leads I am getting. There is a lot that makes sense with this one.

Libero is a regular on the recruiting board and brings great insight and discussion. I take no issue with his first comment. I want to throw the name out there, but only want to post things in 100% clear on. It's called a recruiting teaser for a reason.

Rest assured, as soon as I am 100% confident with information, I'll be positing it.

Folks. I'm gonna scoop JB44 on this.

Johnny Manziel is going to be the first person to test a new rule of going back to college after failing in the NFL . We are a lock to get him.

Merry Christmas.

]
Folks. I'm gonna scoop JB44 on this.

Johnny Manziel is going to be the first person to test a new rule of going back to college after failing in the NFL . We are a lock to get him.

Merry Christmas.

No you don't. I told J this would be his scoop if it comes to fruition... even though some of us who are older and wiser already figured it out. ;)

Last edited:
I don't know but after reading the BB forum and the IPF Turf thread that has turned into another Uniform back and forth I am getting a headache. Give it a rest... all of you.
We need an analog of Godwin's law for uniforms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom