Potential position changes | Syracusefan.com

Potential position changes

kcsu

Living Legend
In looking at the roster with an eye on our need across the DL front here are a few thoughts on potential position changes.

Kendal Moore: The old staff loved this kid but he seemsed to be a tweener. Has good size for a DE and can run.

Cam: Doubt he sees the field much on the O side. If he has half the heart of his brother could he become a decent DE?

PJ: Same as above

Keaten Darney: Move to DL?

by PJ i am assuming were talking about PJ Battan, take my word on this that he will either head out or will still not see any pt

by PJ i am assuming were talking about PJ Battan, take my word on this that he will either head out or will still not see any pt
He's been here what, three years? Hasn't emerged as a TE or a LB. I know he's been tried in both spots.

I know Omari Palmer is/was a starter but I'd consider moving him to DT. He was a better DT than OT in high school and i'm not sure he fits the mold of what Dino looks for in O-Lineman. Especially if Conway, McCloster, Roberts, and the red-shirt freshman can cut it.

I was also thinking about Shy Cullen and making him a strong safety in the Tampa 2 or even giving him a shot at RB in the Jo-el Shaw mold if they favor bigger LB'ers and more downhill type RB's.

He's been here what, three years? Hasn't emerged as a TE or a LB. I know he's been tried in both spots.
Exactly. I would be floored if he is still here by the end of may

I don't know if we will see any offense to defense, or defense to offense changes just because I can't see any move that would make an impact? I will be very interested to see how we plan on filling the DE position? Going to need a lot of super glue, and electric tape though that's for sure. How is this for an idea though. How about trying both Custis and Enoicy at DE? It's not like they have a spot locked up on offense, maybe they could catch lightning in a bottle making that switch? Think about it. Perfect size, with elite quickness. If Custis bulked up he could be a beast.

What I am more interested in is seeing what positions Strickland, Erv, and Neal play. Will it be WR, or RB? Strickland is an absolute play maker. The kid needs the ball in his hands.

I don't know if we will see any offense to defense, or defense to offense changes just because I can't see any move that would make an impact? I will be very interested to see how we plan on filling the DE position? Going to need a lot of super glue, and electric tape though that's for sure. How is this for an idea though. How about trying both Custis and Enoicy at DE? It's not like they have a spot locked up on offense, maybe they could catch lightning in a bottle making that switch? Think about it. Perfect size, with elite quickness. If Custis bulked up he could be a beast.

What I am more interested in is seeing what positions Strickland, Erv, and Neal play. Will it be WR, or RB? Strickland is an absolute play maker. The kid needs the ball in his hands.

Strickland will be at RB next year.

Have no reason to think this but Jon Burton could make a good run stuffing DT. Guy is huge, but having never played the position nor met him maybe he isn't capable.

Agree with being really curious about those players positions. Curious what happens with Tyrone Perkins as well.

One of those WR's to DE would be interesting. Did either play any in high school? I just have a hard time giving up on them at WR. Both seem like they have the skills for it. I just wish someone would come out and say what areas they are failing in. I have a hard time giving up on them until someone tells me what their issues are. I have a feeling one of them breaks out this year. We need another WR with size to add in to the mix.

Have no reason to think this but Jon Burton could make a good run stuffing DT. Guy is huge, but having never played the position nor met him maybe he isn't capable.
I don't see this happening at all. Dino stressed having speed and athletic ability on the DL and Burton is not that guy.

anomander said:
I don't know if we will see any offense to defense, or defense to offense changes just because I can't see any move that would make an impact? I will be very interested to see how we plan on filling the DE position? Going to need a lot of super glue, and electric tape though that's for sure. How is this for an idea though. How about trying both Custis and Enoicy at DE? It's not like they have a spot locked up on offense, maybe they could catch lightning in a bottle making that switch? Think about it. Perfect size, with elite quickness. If Custis bulked up he could be a beast. What I am more interested in is seeing what positions Strickland, Erv, and Neal play. Will it be WR, or RB? Strickland is an absolute play maker. The kid needs the ball in his hands.

I'd put Strickland at RB or S. Erv, Neal, Estime, Riley at slot.

Interesting with those big WR at DE. I'd try it.

Put all the backs on the line and all the linemen in the backfield. That could be fun. :cool:

Custis/Enoicy - I would like to see one of them move to DE. They have the size and certainly the speed. With added weight and the willingness to learn I think one of them could help at DE.

Custis/Enoicy - I would like to see one of them move to DE. They have the size and certainly the speed. With added weight and the willingness to learn I think one of them could help at DE.

Our DE's last year ranged from 240# up to 260#.

Custis is 224#
Enoicy is 226#.

Our DE's last year ranged from 240# up to 260#.

Custis is 224#
Enoicy is 226#.
Adding 10-15 lb of muscle is very doable. They have the frame, the length and the speed. With 10-15 lbs of muscle the ingredients are there too.

Adding 10-15 lb of muscle is very doable. They have the frame, the length and the speed. With 10-15 lbs of muscle the ingredients are there too.

Will they keep the same speed if they pack on an additional 10-15#?

Will they keep the same speed if they pack on an additional 10-15#?
You won't know unless you investigate it. They've currently spent the last two years buried on the depth chart. Why not try it now?

TE to DE is a natural conversion, but I don't know that we have ideal candidates.

Also, you see a lot of ILB types shift to DE, but our OLBs are undersized, so I'm not sure that would work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom