Potential position changes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Potential position changes

They haven't been TE's either. This is a huge year for them. This is an offense that they can excel in.

Now's the time for them to step up and be WR's. Possibly a move to TE, but, I doubt it. DE is not a possibility for either.

Will they keep the same speed if they pack on an additional 10-15#?

The biggest question for them is whether or not they're going to collect dust at WR. If yes, wouldn't surprise me to see the staff at least have the conversation.

DE, in the short term, is as thin and inexperienced as any position I can recall here, save for maybe the 1993 LBs.

I'd bet the staff will entertain any options from players who come close to the frame, and will have trouble seeing time at their current position based on new systems.

When Babers was talking about the fraternities, he was talking about DE, I'm sure knowing at the time that Cheech and Chong were on their way out the door.

Custis and Enoicy are not DE's. They don't look like physical kids. If those two get moved it would be to TE. Ruff needs to lose 15 pounds to stay at MLB. Staff will put him at DE for sure if he stays at 258. I can see Moore possibly going to DE, maybe Cam. I heard they will try Duerig there.

Custis and Enoicy are not DE's. They don't look like physical kids. If those two get moved it would be to TE. Ruff needs to lose 15 pounds to stay at MLB. Staff will put him at DE for sure if he stays at 258. I can see Moore possibly going to DE, maybe Cam. I heard they will try Duerig there.

I think all of the TEs are candidates. If either Custis or Enoicy could put on 15 lbs by the start of the season they would be able to play there too. That might be asking a lot though. I think another interesting candidate would be Kleinberg. He is only a preferred walk on but played this year on STs and played DE at Bosco. He also has a wrestling background and decent speed. He is a little short though. If I were him I would bulk up and go for it. He would be a long shot but who knows.

Why do people keep thinking they're TE's, they're not, they're currently WR's. They MAY become TE's, but, that's as far as they're going. Custis and Enoicy are not candidates for DE. Especially considering WR Depth is light for this staff as it is.

Why do people keep thinking they're TE's, they're not, they're currently WR's. They MAY become TE's, but, that's as far as they're going. Custis and Enoicy are not candidates for DE. Especially considering WR Depth is light for this staff as it is.
They have shown nothing since they have been here. Little evidence that will change so they could move although I tend to doubt they will. Much more likely at least one of them exits once they realize they are not going to play much. WR depth was thinner last year than it will be this year - nobody left and multiple guys are coming in.

Using the depth theory, if they could not contribute anything with last year's group there is almost no reason to think they are suddenly going to become big contributors. I get they are only a sophomore and RF but is not like they were buried behind All Americans last year - they had a major opportunity to show something and did not.

And I still think they bring in another WR before the season knowing they have almost nothing on last year's roster.

They have shown nothing since they have been here. Little evidence that will change so they could move although I tend to doubt they will. Much more likely at least one of them exits once they realize they are not going to play much. WR depth was thinner last year than it will be this year - nobody left and multiple guys are coming in.

Using the depth theory, if they could not contribute anything with last year's group there is almost no reason to think they are suddenly going to become big contributors. I get they are only a sophomore and RF but is not like they were buried behind All Americans last year - they had a major opportunity to show something and did not.

And I still think they bring in another WR before the season knowing they have almost nothing on last year's roster.
I'm not talking about what they've shown to this point. I'm just stating that they won't be candidates for DE.

They haven't been TE's either. This is a huge year for them. This is an offense that they can excel in.

Now's the time for them to step up and be WR's. Possibly a move to TE, but, I doubt it. DE is not a possibility for either.
Babers just passed on highly regarded WRs like Tyrek Tisdale and Ahmed Bah because he didn't think they were explosive enough for this offense as a WR. Are you sure that Custis/Enoicy are going to have that explosiveness as wide receivers that he is looking for?

Can Dungey add 40#'s and move to DE?

Nah - he had 432 concussions last season, and has actually been in a coma since last fall. The coaches have just been protecting his right to privacy.

Babers just passed on highly regarded WRs like Tyrek Tisdale and Ahmed Bah because he didn't think they were explosive enough for this offense as a WR. Are you sure that Custis/Enoicy are going to have that explosiveness as wide receivers that he is looking for?
Your probably right. Thats why I would put them as TE candidates if anything.

Pretty sure they're just weekend at bernie'ing dungey around. Weekend at dungey's?

Duerig is 6'2" isn't he better at Center?

Agree about Custis and Enoicy. With both of them not being able to crack a thin WR lineup, its probably an effort and motor issue. It takes a different mentality to play DE, It takes motor and physicality. Regarding Deurig, hope he stays at center, he could be our next anchor for many years.

It has to be down to the TE's if they are going to move and possibly Ruff. Not sure if Moore can make the switch but he has the size and he can run. If he is physical which he should be having played OL i would think that would be good. Cam as well if he has a motor like his older brother he might be able to make the switch.

Well we will hear about it soon. They cant go into spring practices with two DE's (Pickard and Carter). We will see 3 or 4 players get a look at the position during the spring. The coaches evaluate the players better than me but if I had to make a decision based off what they have shown so far and in their HS film. I would say Moore, Batten, Cross, or Macky. Macky just seems like a kid who is not afraid to get physical and is willing to do anything to help his team. Smart kid who will play the technique the coaches teach him. He will do his assignment. I think Slayton can play DE at times but has bulked up and become too valuable inside at DT. Maybe Guidice and possibly Ruff if staff wants him to contribute immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard any of those names I mentioned.

Well we will hear about it soon. They cant go into spring practices with two DE's (Pickard and Carter). We will see 3 or 4 players get a look at the position during the spring. The coaches evaluate the players better than me but if I had to make a decision based off what they have shown so far and in their HS film. I would say Moore, Batten, Cross, or Macky. Macky just seems like a kid who is not afraid to get physical and is willing to do anything to help his team. Smart kid who will play the technique the coaches teach him. He will do his assignment. I think Slayton can play DE at times but has bulked up and become too valuable inside at DT. Maybe Guidice and possibly Ruff if staff wants him to contribute immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if I heard any of those names I mentioned.

Not to mention, due to depth considerations at DE, that would be a way for Macky to see the field and contribute [even as a rotation / platoon guy].

Tyrek Tisdale passed on Babers. Once Shafer was fired Tisdale had zero interest in Syracuse. Zero. He signed with Shafer at Maryland.

Bah isn’t that good and might have academic issues. Nobody recruited Bah after he publicly decommitted from Rutgirls and begged other schools to offer him. He went back to rutgirls.

I love how a kid who's a redshirt freshman is completely written off because he hasn't shown anything yet. I don't know if Enoicy will ever produce or not but some of you guys are absurd.

I'm not sure Qadry Ismail or Kevin Johnson even caught a pass util their junior years.

Last edited:
I love how a kid who's a redshirt freshman is completely written off because he hasn't shown anything yet. I don't know if Enoicy will ever produce or not but some of you guys are absurd.

I'm not sure Qadry Ismail or Kevin Johnson even caught a pass util their junior years.
I'm wondering if there is an unreported injury regarding Adly? The coaches raved about him during his redshirt year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom