Potential position changes | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Potential position changes

I love how a kid who's a redshirt freshman is completely written off because he hasn't shown anything yet. I don't know if Enoicy will ever produce or not but some of you guys are absurd.

I'm not sure Qadry Ismail or Kevin Johnson even caught a pass util their junior years.

How are they written off? The suggestion was that they could move to a different position of need and start. Just like your Kevin Johnson example.

How are they written off? The suggestion was that they could move to a different position of need and start. Just like your Kevin Johnson example.

I wasn't really addressing you but who knows if they even have the temperament to play defense.

Thomas is an interesting player. Tons of talent does he stay light and become a S or does he bulk up and possibly play on the edge. I really like this kid want to see him on the field

Antwan Cordy tweeted today that he's moving to strong safety. Not a huge move, but a change.

This isn't high school ball. You can't just plug people in random positions based on measurables. They need to have years of experience, ESPECIALLY on DL.

AAM62 said:
This isn't high school ball. You can't just plug people in random positions based on measurables. They need to have years of experience, ESPECIALLY on DL.

Cordy on the DL would be a problem.

I thought he was one of our better pass catching TE's. It was rumored that he wasn't the most physical when it came to blocking. Hope it works out for him. He probably has a better chance of playing there than TE. They dont use TE's much on offense. Parris, Moore and Cam was ahead of him.

I've posted this before regarding TEs in general. I think it's a good move if he wants to get on the field and contribute based on Babers' offense.

Bowling Green TEs only accounted for 27 catches, 211 yards and 5 Tds last season.

2015 was 7% of total catches, 4% of total rec yards 11% of total rec tds
2014 was .63% of total catches, .3% of total rec yards and 0% of total rec tds.

Last edited:
I've posted this before regarding TEs in general. I think it's a good move if he wants to get on the field and contribute based on Babers' offense.

Bowling Green TEs only accounted for 27 catches, 211 yards and 5 Tds last season.

2015 was 7% of total catches, 4% of total rec yards 11% of total rec tds
2014 was .63% of total catches, .3% of total rec yards and 0% of total rec tds.

That would still be an improvement over our tight ends last year: 24 catches for 179 yards and 0 TDs.

Did Dunk play DE in HS?

Hoping he might have a jump on learning technique if he's familiar with the position

Did Dunk play DE in HS?

Hoping he might have a jump on learning technique if he's familiar with the position

Here are his highlights from Governor Mifflin HS... outside of Reading, PA ..where it lists him as a DE/TE.
His JUCO seems to be all TE/WR.

Last edited:
That's disappointing to see Dunk move honestly. Remember when FsU came after him hard to be a TE? We were super excited to hold them off, and less than a year later a new staff has decided he can't contribute as much to the TE position as he might be able to do elsewhere.

Here's hoping he becomes Sugar Bear Part 2. Go get em Dunk!

Kenneth Ruff Jr ‏@45KR_Jr Protected Tweets 7m7 minutes ago

I will be starting at D-End this spring
1f624.png
1f4aa-1f3fe.png
1f525.png
1f34a.png

CuseLegacy said:
Kenneth Ruff Jr ‏@45KR_Jr Protected Tweets 7m7 minutes ago I will be starting at D-End this spring

Called that one. He's 255 pounds and that's where they need him now.

I thought he was one of our better pass catching TE's. It was rumored that he wasn't the most physical when it came to blocking. Hope it works out for him. He probably has a better chance of playing there than TE. They dont use TE's much on offense. Parris, Moore and Cam was ahead of him.

if the rumor was true that he wasnt the most physical blocker then lets hope he's a physical defensive end.

Called that one. He's 255 pounds and that's where they need him now.

I definitely want this kid on the field, but I was really looking forward to having a big physical MLB. Seems our LB's are usually 10-20 lbs undersized. I thought having Ruff at LB would make Zaire that much better, but obviously the lack of bodies at DE necessitates this change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom