Class of 2014 - Predict a School | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Predict a School

T

tee1222

8 Ball. Fortune cookie. Crystal Ball. Who knows? Some of these guys are relevant to SU, but both are pretty much long shots. The other two have made it vocal that they want a package deal.

Here are the candidates:
Isaiah Whitehead
SU?
IU?
SHU?
Minny?
Zona?
Ville?
St. John's?
Other?
And your reasoning?

Goodluck Okonoboh
IU?
SU?
Dukies?
Florida?
OSU?
UNLV?
Other?
And your reasoning?

Tyus Jones & Jahlil Okafor

UK?
Dukies?
Baylor?
Minny?
MSU?
Kansas?
Package deal or no?
And your reasoning?

Just for fun, and please don't edit as all edited posts do not count. I think it will be difficult for any person to get all 3-4 correct. Not even sure who I'm picking yet, but I'm no flip-flopper. I will stand by my predictions, even though I'm guessing I will be correct for 1 out of 3 at most.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler Roberson - Syracuse
Because BJ Johnson said they are going to win a championship and he wants to win.

Last edited:
Isaiah Whitehead
SU?
IU?
SHU?
Minny?
Zona?

Other?

And your reasoning?
This is from almost a year ago: http://newyork.sbnation.com/syracus...24/isaiah-whitehead-syracuse-st-johns-rutgers LOL, trimmed! Half on his old list don't seem like suitors right now, some he eliminated are back, ie, SHU.
Louisville. Why not. So unpredictable, but with all the de-committing going on there, they seem perfect for each other. ;)
(I really wanted to play with the idea of SU for selfish reasons, but if he wants to go local, then I give him the nod over St. John's just because something in me feels like he still wants to win basketball games).

Goodluck Okonoboh
IU

SU?
Dukies?
Florida?
OSU?
UNLV?
Other?
And your reasoning?
Yes I feel dirty picking Indy, but I think he's been in IU lean for a while.

UK?
Dukies
Baylor?
Minny?
MSU?
Kansas?

Package deal or no? Yes, package deal.
And your reasoning? Makes sense for them. Two elite prospects. Duke has seemed sensible for a long while.

1) Seton Hall or St. John's - a lot of bridges have been burned, Evan Daniels claims Ville isn't even recruiting him.
2) Indiana - Crean will have NO CLUE how to use him.
3) Duke for sure

1) Seton Hall or St. John's - a lot of bridges have been burned, Evan Daniels claims Ville isn't even recruiting him.
3) Duke for sure
Well done. You are probably closer than me, but I picked Ville for the fishiness of it all. Not saying anything dirty, but just that people are coming and going, it might have to do with him, or he might see an opening.

But Whitehead going local makes even more sense.

Here are my thoughts on IW. Mccollough worked hard on him coming here, his mom preferred SU at one point i heard. My opinion why things have gotten so Hollyweird. Number 1 Lincoln Circus is involved. Number 2 and this is just a guess, I think he's wanting to be recruited exclusively as a pg. I believe somewhere along the line he switched positions and he has always wanted the ball in his hands, this threw a monkey wrench into a lot of schools plans. If that's the case I'd take Joseph all day any day at pg.

Jones to UK

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts on IW. Mccollough worked hard on him coming here, his mom preferred SU. My opinion why things have gotten so Hollyweird. Number 1 Lincoln Circus is involved. Number 2 and this is just a guess, I think he's wanting to be recruited exclusively as a pg. I believe somewhere along the line he switched positions and wanted to be exclusively a point, which through a monkey wrench into a lot of schools plans. If that's the case I'd take Joseph all day any day at pg.

Jones to UK
Please say you meant Tyus Jones, not Derrick Jones. :eek:
Even so, they just landed Tyler Ulis a PG, but he is predicted to be a 4 year player.

Isaiah Whitehead
St. John's - only team that doesn't mind the games and handlers will be real close

Goodluck Okonoboh
Indiana- going there to be with Vonleh unless he leaves.

Package to Duke - wants to be part of the best conference

Whitehead -- Louisville
Pitino needs a shooting guard now. Lots of PT available next year after Smith leaves. Smith and IW are close. He only cooled on UL after they got the commit from Lyle. Now that obstacle is gone.

Goodluck -- Indiana
Crean has recruited him the hardest. Plus he's close with pal Vonleh.

Tyus Jones -- Duke

Okafor -- UK
Another package deal bites the dust.

3) Duke for sure

I agree with this. Whitehead will wind up at one of those two and I'll say there are other issues as well bot quite Ledo issues but something that keeps him from playing the entire season.

Whitehead to St Johns. Just a guess on my part, but he will end up not qualifying.

Goodluck - Indiana, where his name is very aproros considering he will be playing for Tom Crean.

Whitehead -- Louisville
Pitino needs a shooting guard now. Lots of PT available next year after Smith leaves. Smith and IW are close. He only cooled on UL after they got the commit from Lyle. Now that obstacle is gone.

Some interesting tweets coming last week after Whitehead visited Seton Hall. Obviously we don't think they are in play, but stranger things have happened. It would be a major coup if Willard outrecruited his mentor (Pitino). Actually two of the coaches on the staff, Shaheen Holloway-associate head coach and Fred Hill (yes-Fred Hill) are pretty good recruiters.

Btw, bump.
It might be that not one of us was exactly right.
AWMKY looks to have been the closest.