Prediction thread: Who is the next HC? | Syracusefan.com

Prediction thread: Who is the next HC?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I didn't see a thread on this yet. Only a bunch of names being thrown around. Anyone want to make a prediction on who they think (and also who they want)?

A) Babers
B) Frost
C) Orgeron
D) Baldwin
E) Fleck
F) Sanford
G) Warner
H) None of the above

I'm going to go with Fleck. I'm not sure he is going to get considered but I think he would be my guy. I think Coyle will pick someone more experienced. What will be interesting is how many of the coaches of Coyle's list will actually say yes if asked.

I expect whoever emerges to not come from the list of names being tossed around.

Coyle is playing this close to the vest, and it seems like the majority of discussion is pure speculation.

Would love to see it be Babers, Campbell, or Fleck [in that order]. Really don't want to see another coordinator who might require on-the-job training. I believe that several important pieces of the puzzle are in place, and with quality coaching a turnaround could happen rapidly.

frosty-clip-art-afd-98152.jpg

Would love for it to be Frost, Sanford, Fleck or BB, but I (sadly) agree with the idea that the eventual hire will be an unexpected candidate.

It will hopefully work out in the long run, but it may not appear to be a very sexy pick at the time.

Is there any reason anybody thinks Frost would come here. Our incumbent QB js a guy he didn't recruit.

In my perfect realistic world, I'd love Babers (HC success and perfect age to stick around) or Rhule (his HC success and recruiting ties speak for themself), but I predict Frost, which I'd be fine with. I would be very happy if we can get Frost and Orgeron together and could keep Acosta and Daoust.

Last edited:
In my perfect realistic world, I'd love Babers (HC success and perfect age to stick around), but I predict Frost, which I'd be fine with. I would be very happy if we can get Frost and Orgeron together and could keep Acosta and Daoust.
That would be unicorns and sparkles.

F it, let's have some fun... Major Applewhite.

Ok, now to be serious, I think it will be Baldwin or Frost.

I prefer Warner but could go a long with Orgeron or Golden. As I said in another thread, we don't need to reinvent the game. We need someone who can just push us over the edge. Despite all the losses we've competed well. To win these games we need freshmen and sophomores to be become juniors and seniors and get a couple of more productive recruiting classes. We need someone who recruits well and has done it in the areas we normally recruit and can coach, nothing more exotic than that.

Last edited:
Baldwin

Think this guy has it all except East Coast ties. That's easily solved with staff.

Frost seems to make alot of sense so I'll go with that. Would like to avoid an FCS hire or a retread that isn't named Bo.

Rocco said:
F it, let's have some fun... Major Applewhite. Ok, now to be serious, I think it will be Baldwin or Frost.

What's wrong with Applewhite? He's certainly not as qualified as others on these lists but he's had a pretty good coaching career for a young guy. He probably got pushed along to fast though. He was the youngest OC when he was at Alabama. Then one of the youngest ever AHC when at Texas. He's the Houston OC now and they're 10-1. He's usually had real good offenses. Wasn't he at Rice when their offense became real good?

Again, not equal to some of these guys but it wouldn't be as crazy as some names that have been tossed around.

What's wrong with Applewhite? He's certainly not as qualified as others on these lists but he's had a pretty good coaching career for a young guy. He probably got pushed along to fast though. He was the youngest OC when he was at Alabama. Then one of the youngest ever AHC when at Texas. He's the Houston OC now and they're 10-1. He's usually had real good offenses. Wasn't he at Rice when their offense became real good?

Again, not equal to some of these guys but it wouldn't be as crazy as some names that have been tossed around.

You didn't pick. Lol

i like campbell. he's the guy I want first and i'm also a strong advocate for a guy with HC experience.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom