Premier League | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Premier League

I'm hesitant to give you advice based on the fact we are competing. I like that roster better but I wouldn't run that formation.
Using two totally different strategies for the EPL league and the ESPN league. On EPL side, going with either 5 defenders or 5 midfielders, who get points for clean sheets and higher points for goals/assists than forwards.

Using two totally different strategies for the EPL league and the ESPN league. On EPL side, going with either 5 defenders or 5 midfielders, who get points for clean sheets and higher points for goals/assists than forwards.

Is that last one you listed for the ESPN league or epl?

Both screen grabs I've posted were from the EPL site. The interface on the EPL fantasy site is much better than ESPN's, IMO.

Right but it's your lineup for the ESPN league correct? Because I don't know scoring for the epl league

Right but it's your lineup for the ESPN league correct? Because I don't know scoring for the epl league
My ESPN lineup right now is below. The only common player is Lloris. I probably won't spend much time on the ESPN one. I don't like the interface. Last season I abandoned it midway through because I just lost interest. I might play with it a bit more, but I probably won't do much in the way of transfers after the third week or so.

Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 5.05.41 PM.png

Made some changes based on your wise input. I think I'm closer to what I'll be fielding on opening day, though I'm not sold on a few things. I'm leery about Mata. Good player, but not sure he'll be in good form to start the season. I'm keeping Schurrle, but making him the first option off the bench to give myself some protection in the event he doesn't see the field. I'll probably play with this a bit more.

so this is the official FPL game yeah? the one thing that really puts me off about that is that the prices change daily at like 3 am British time and I don't want to have to make sure I am free at a certain time to make transfers or risk not being able to afford a guy the next minute.

Worth waking up early.

Who the F is Man United?
This will be a good wake up call for the other big sides. Nothing is given in the PL. Big sides don't need their A-game to beat a team like Swansea but they'd better at least bring a B-game. Swansea was very spry last year and it looks they may have get-up-and-go again. They are a fun side to watch.

Man U losing at HOME to Swansea is unbelievable. They should sell Hernandez he was awful and when Nani outplays you then you got problems. Man U has nobody to play with Rooney without RVP available.

Enjoying the first day of the rest of my EPL life. :)

Too bad Howard couldn't hold on for the decision, though. Not his fault as dude was wide open.

5 min to Arsenal. BTW, isn't the Crystal Palace a giant televangelist church? Why name a team after it? ;)

Anyone else think that Arsenal game winner yesterday may have been offsides?

Meanwhile here's hoping Southampton don't destroy us!

Sterling adding some nice off-the-ball movement to his speed. Decent first half for LFC. 1-0 over Southampton

And then SH misses a wide open net.

Rodgers celebrated that Sturridge goal like he won a trophy it was funny.

After stealing 3 of Shouthamptons best players, it would have been embarrassing to lose to them. They were really up for that game, and played fantastic. Liverpool dominated the first half but Southamption dominated the second. As always, nothing is ever dull with Liverpool.

Man U losing at HOME to Swansea is unbelievable. They should sell Hernandez he was awful and when Nani outplays you then you got problems. Man U has nobody to play with Rooney without RVP available.

Of the five games I watched, United looked the worst of the supposed contenders. I'm surprised they regressed so far from how they were playing in the States on tour. Opening day nerves and Moyes flashbacks seem to have gotten to them. Also think Van Gaal made a mistake, saying their confidence was crushed by the loss. That's they type of talk that got Moyes in trouble in the first place. Although I think Van Gaal was aiming that at Woodard and the Owner's Box, to get them to splash the damn cash and sign some world class talent. I've been hearing about "imminent" United signings since July 1 and there's been so little action. They need RVP in the lineup, of course, but they have to wrap up these deals for Vidal, DiMaria and Hummels (or an equivalent) or they are toast again.

Arsenal were lucky to escape with the 3 points, as were Liverpool. City is a powerhouse. They didn't get into top gear, and they still looked like the best side on display this weekend. Tonight (DVR) we get to see how Chelsea looks. Personally, I'd love to see a real statement of intent, and lay about 4 goals on Burnley. That would jump us to top of the table, which would be a nice way to start the season.

Anyone else think that Arsenal game winner yesterday may have been offsides?

Meanwhile here's hoping Southampton don't destroy us!

No, it was OK. Saw it on replay. Sturridge was even with a pair of defenders.

Tonight (DVR) we get to see how Chelsea looks. Personally, I'd love to see a real statement of intent, and lay about 4 goals on Burnley. That would jump us to top of the table, which would be a nice way to start the season.

This is a good opening game for Chelsea because it's exactly the type of set-up -- playing a likely bottom-feeder on the road -- where CFC wasted points last year. It will be interesting to see how the new squad responds. Of course, I never try to read too much into one game. Can't disagree with what you have written. All spot-on.

No, it was OK. Saw it on replay. Sturridge was even with a pair of defenders.

Was odd because the telecast didnt replay the Arsenal goal (or perhaps I missed it) but did show the Sturridge goal with the line across the feild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom