Prepare yourself for Lydon to be a one-n-done | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Prepare yourself for Lydon to be a one-n-done

Lydon is the most ready of all three to contribute right away. He has a ton of game.

It's funny how one game changes everybody's prospective in things......

Most encouraging was one of the announcers saying it looked like Lydon had put on some weight.
Not surprising.
It's been a long time since he fronted the S ex Pistols.
He has a new biography out, too.
Never knew he could play hoops.

I think the prudent move out of Lydon may be to red-shirt. Then test the waters in '16 with 2 good knees.

It's funny how one game changes everybody's prospective in things...
I'm not sure it's changing the perspective of a lot of us who think he's going to be a big time player. I've thought all along that when it's all said and done, we'll look back at Tyler as the best player in this class at SU.

There's no way he's ready. I think he needs to come back for four more years, then petition to see if he can get a 5th.

His draft stock will never be higher than it is right now. He should refuse to play next year to preserve it!!!!1!!!1
I know you say this in geste, but it's actually,and sadly,1000 percent correct. In the insane world of college and pro basketball, the last thing you want to do if you are a talented young player is let an NBA scout see you play in college. You will only hurt your draft stock.

It's funny how one game changes everybody's prospective in things...

Hasn't changed my view one bit. Have said all along I thought Lydon was a stud. Have seen nothing that would change that opinion.

I think the prudent move out of Lydon may be to red-shirt. Then test the waters in '16 with 2 good knees.

He needs to go to the D League NOW! Gotta start that earning clock before he turns 18 or he is screwed!! He can always go back to school on his own dime when he's 37, because everybody wants to do that!

Hasn't changed my view one bit. Have said all along I thought Lydon was a stud. Have seen nothing that would change that opinion.
Yep. "Everybody" was the wrong word. Gotta avoid those generalizations.

I know what you mean, since obviously Malachi has more of a logjam in front of him. I still can't imagine he'll get fewer minutes than Tyler (Diagne, out of necessity, I think will get the most minutes out of the freshmen). But I definitely get where you're coming from with that. Malachi is gonna have a tough time stealing minutes from Cooney and Gbinije. Lydon only needs to take minutes from Roberson, really. Diagne is gonna play a lot.

"only needs to take minutes from Roberson". TR will be the best rebounder on the team by far next year and IMO the best player period.

I think this kid is going to play more than people think-especially if he picks up the zone quickly. Imagine having 3 shooters to spread the floor for G? Goodness
Perhaps more interesting is having a 6'9" kid with a 7' wing span on the corner for defense instead of a 6'7" kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom