Prepare yourself for Lydon to be a one-n-done | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Prepare yourself for Lydon to be a one-n-done

Another factor to think about is the 2016 draft is already being labeled as weak

Financially smart to leave after next year for Richardson and Lydon

Another factor to think about is the 2016 draft is already being labeled as weak

Not if they play limited minutes and average 3 ppg each.

Are you even a Syracuse fan? Why don't we wait to see him on the court for these stupid threads. If he has a Ennis like freshman year fine, but to sound the alarms now just reeks of trying to ruin the enjoyment of watching the player.

You're trolling.
News.jpg

jekelish said:
I'm not sure it's changing the perspective of a lot of us who think he's going to be a big time player. I've thought all along that when it's all said and done, we'll look back at Tyler as the best player in this class at SU.

I've been excited about him because he seems like the kind of player Beilein or Bo Ryan recruits. He is going to open up our offense to 09-12 levels.

bpo57 said:
"only needs to take minutes from Roberson". TR will be the best rebounder on the team by far next year and IMO the best player period.

I think TR will be a beast next year. Just hope he gets the ball.

A transracial comparison? Insanity.
doc, I gotta tell you, I like your posts, but everytime I see that face in your avatar, it makes me want to smack you because I mistakenly believe it is you. It's a weird feeling.

I've mentioned before that I am a New Hampton prep alum, where Tyler is in school. Last week my old New Hampton history teacher was in town here in AZ, and we had lunch. Now in all fairness he has not taught at new Hampton in about 10 years, but still lives there, and had just given a presentation there on the history of the New Hampton School. Actually he lives one town away. But you have to know how tight of a community it is around there. Anyways I mentioned that we had a New Hampton guy coming to Syracuse to play basketball, and he had no idea about it or who Tyler was. Just mentioning it. I thought it was kind of funny. Up there is like living in Canada. If Tyler was a hockey player, he would have been all over it. No one pays attention to basketball. By the way, two or three years ago, Lawrence Moten was inducted into the New Hampton Hall of Fame, so there is some basketball recognition.

I've mentioned before that I am a New Hampton prep alum, where Tyler is in school. Last week my old New Hampton history teacher was in town here in AZ, and we had lunch. Now in all fairness he has not taught at new Hampton in about 10 years, but still lives there, and had just given a presentation there on the history of the New Hampton School. Actually he lives one town away. But you have to know how tight of a community it is around there. Anyways I mentioned that we had a New Hampton guy coming to Syracuse to play basketball, and he had no idea about it or who Tyler was. Just mentioning it. I thought it was kind of funny. Up there is like living in Canada. If Tyler was a hockey player, he would have been all over it. No one pays attention to basketball. By the way, two or three years ago, Lawrence Moten was inducted into the New Hampton Hall of Fame, so there is some basketball recognition.

One of my old college roommates went there. He had classes with cuonzo martin he said.

Everybody thinks of Tyler as a New England Kid. He really is an upstate New Yorker who grew up in Pine Plains just south of Albany. His high school lost the Class C New York State title to Lake George in 2013. His profile definitely expanded at the prep level, but the coaching staff found him in Glens Falls.

He has a chance to play a lot next year if he makes shots. TRob still has a lot to prove. He was a solid rebounder with great instinct. But the best word to describe him offensively is "awkward." And he's not exactly a plus defender. His rebounding results in a lot of easy shots and hopefully he makes them. Lydon's game is different. Better shooter, better passer and he sounds like a bit of a distributor also. I think he can play along side TRob. The question in my mind is he more Sam Decker or Matt Gorman?

He has a chance to play a lot next year if he makes shots. TRob still has a lot to prove. He was a solid rebounder with great instinct. But the best word to describe him offensively is "awkward." And he's not exactly a plus defender. His rebounding results in a lot of easy shots and hopefully he makes them. Lydon's game is different. Better shooter, better passer and he sounds like a bit of a distributor also. I think he can play along side TRob. The question in my mind is he more Sam Decker or Matt Gorman?
Not awkward IMO - just needs in game repetitions and to pin down the 3 or 4 things that work for him. The spin move - once he slows down a bit - will kill less mobile defenders. He can knock down the 15 ft. jumper - just needs to launch decisively. Already a good finisher around the rim: fairly powerful dunker who surprised me with his ups on several occasions. You can see he's just a couple of steps away from crystallizing the package.

His rebounding is already excellent. I concur he needs to figure out what exactly to do on D but his lateral movement is good and he doesn't rack up fouls despite playing fairly physical D.

I've seen the call to red shirt the kid more than once already, so I suppose it's only fair to see a mention of the NBA. It's not tough to envision this kid having a better season than McCullough did last season, before or after the injury, is it? That said, take a look at the video below and his dunk, and listen to the sports reporter try to finish his sentence.

Everybody thinks of Tyler as a New England Kid. He really is an upstate New Yorker who grew up in Pine Plains just south of Albany. His high school lost the Class C New York State title to Lake George in 2013. His profile definitely expanded at the prep level, but the coaching staff found him in Glens Falls.

D*mned straight! I coincidentally already posted "cleveland rocks" today, now it's time to say Albany Rocks! (right Tee?) Seriously, after seeing this dunk from last year, and considering how he can nail threes and pass, who can put a ceiling on this kid right now? Is it because nobody has faith in kids from Albany?
Edit: also hoping DC2's hard work will be rewarded this season and can help earn upstate kids more respect.

Last edited:
I remember Orangeyes joking with me about being able to put more than one piece of media in the same post, but I haven't figured out how. Man, I miss having him on here. Anyhow, I figured I'd throw in one more for the people who dont peruse the recruiting section often. This one has things beyond just dunks. This incoming class excites me, but due to years of elevated expectations from what I've read on here, I've learn to temper things a bit. I can see this kid developing and being able to pump fake a 3 and drive the baseline and posterizing somebody at the rim before his days in Orange are done, regardless of when that is:

Last edited:
If Tyler does become a one and done player, might I add he will also cure cancer and bring Peace to the Middle East during his time in Orange.

Last edited:
PS, I love the kids future, so no knock is intended. I really believe he will be a star by the time he leaves us for a very rewarding basketball career.

I remember Orangeyes joking with me about being able to put more than one piece of media in the same post, but I haven't figured out how. Man, I miss having him on here. Anyhow, I figured I'd throw in one more for the people who dont peruse the recruiting section often. This one has things beyond just dunks. This incoming class excites me, but due to years of elevated expectations from what I've read on here, I've learn to temper things a bit. I can see this kid developing and being able to pump fake a 3 and drive the baseline and posterizing somebody at the rim before his days in Orange are done, regardless of when that is:

Looks like a young Billy Celluck in those vids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom