Pretty Good Month for Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Pretty Good Month for Syracuse

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
QB recruit emerges as one of the best players in the country in the Class of 2017.
New AD hired. Looks like a home run.
Plans for transforming the Carrier Dome into the most exciting venue for college athletics start to be revealed.
Andrew White appears headed to the basketball team, making them a pre-season top 5 team (at least in my eyes).
SU's place in college athletics is secured for the next 20 years, in terms of a P5 conference home and the money to compete for national championships in all sports.

QB recruit emerges as one of the best players in the country in the Class of 2017.
Plans for transforming the Carrier Dome into the most exciting venue for college athletics start to be revealed.
Andrew White appears headed to the basketball team, making them a pre-season top 5 team (at least in my eyes).
SU's place in college athletics is secured for the next 20 years, in terms of a P5 conference home and the money to compete for national championships in all sports.

It appears karma is paying us back!!

It's been a long time since I was this excited for a football/basketball season.

To top it all off, the incessant brain washing of my 7 year old seems to be working. He's amped for the season too.

LGO!

when the hell does practice start so we can start getting reports of the first 10 minutes of warm-ups and throw-arounds?

And news of an impending agreement to start our own ACC cable channel surfaces ;)

UConn fans are starting to realize their options are down to "Hail Mary's"...the B1G made sure of that by the power play over divisional set ups...the ACC just might have invited UConn as #15 in FB and #16 in all other sports if the B1G didn't screw that up. Now they hope for more Scandals at Baylor, Delaney throwing a bone or complete implosion of the B12.

From The Boneyard:
First off, F you ESPN. Go die in a goddam forest fire.
Secondly, Malloy you truly are a massive pu__

Third, the B1G has to be a little caught off guard with this if they were truly thinking long term they were going to take a nosedive down into VA/NC/GT/FSU territory. That's gone.

Now I assume they will look toward the Big 12 and PERHAPS UConn...if they go to 18 they can take KU, OK, TX and UConn. If they go 16 maybe we can still make out if OK goes SEC and Texas goes PAC or joins ND to push the ACC to 16.

But again, F you ESPN. It kills me that the company we are giving tax breaks to is infiltrated with Orange hacks who are distributing money left and right to local privates while a top 20 public university in ESPN's backyard is shopping at Family Dollar.

The Viking, Today at 12:33 AM
+ Quote

UConn fans are starting to realize their options are down to "Hail Mary's"...the B1G made sure of that by the power play over divisional set ups...the ACC just might have invited UConn as #15 in FB and #16 in all other sports if the B1G didn't screw that up. Now they hope for more Scandals at Baylor, Delaney throwing a bone or complete implosion of the B12.

From The Boneyard:

Third, the B1G has to be a little caught off guard with this if they were truly thinking long term they were going to take a nosedive down into VA/NC/GT/FSU territory. That's gone.

Now I assume they will look toward the Big 12 and PERHAPS UConn...if they go to 18 they can take KU, OK, TX and UConn. If they go 16 maybe we can still make out if OK goes SEC and Texas goes PAC or joins ND to push the ACC to 16.

But again, F you ESPN. It kills me that the company we are giving tax breaks to is infiltrated with Orange hacks who are distributing money left and right to local privates while a top 20 public university in ESPN's backyard is shopping at Family Dollar.

+ Quote

So delicious.

From The Boneyard:

+ Quote
(red) Classic.

This coming after the best all-around year for SU athletics ever.

As they say: It's great, to be, an SU Orangeman.

From The Boneyard:

+ Quote
God don't like ugly. Couldn't happen to a nicer fanbase.
I do still think they'll get in somehow, probably Big XII or ACC if ND is ever forced to join. Just glad we no longer have to fret like that!:cool:

It's a great time for us. Is there any further information on the Dome renovation other than the release of the rendering the admins said was incorrect?

From The Boneyard:

+ Quote
Water rises to its own level.

Good post, Tom.

One quick thing about hoops: I'm guessing that we start out more in the top 15-20 range, given the players we have to replace. But after we steamroll a few teams in one of the preseason tournaments, people will catch on.

This really feels a lot like 2012 all over again.

It's a great time for us. Is there any further information on the Dome renovation other than the release of the rendering the admins said was incorrect?
Well, the new AD just confirmed that Archbold Gym is going to connect directly to the Dome.

The pictures included in the Campus Framework release included some of the Dome, like this one:

Dome_Rendering.0.0.JPG

And a disabled SU alum working on the project recently said the renovated facility is going to be very friendly for those with disabilities.

Q: How do you expect mobility and accessibility will be enhanced for all visitors to the Dome?

A: The University is going to improve the width and sightlines of all the accessible platforms. There will be additional platforms and there will be lower counters at the concession stands. Floor seating behind the baskets will also be made available to those with disabilities to purchase.

Throughout the Dome, there will be additional restrooms for women and family restrooms; every bathroom will be accessible. The first aid area will also be improved. Club 44 is going to be totally accessible and there’s going to be better viewing in the executive club, lowering the tables for people. All private suites are also going to be made ADA accessible. There will also be enhanced services for those with hearing or visual impairments.

Syracuse University News » » Alumnus Consults on Accessibility for Promenade, Dome and Arch Projects

From The Boneyard:

+ Quote
a0G0k_s-200x150.gif

"Plans for transforming the Carrier Dome into the most exciting venue for college athletics start to be revealed."

I'm looking everywhere for this info and not seeing anything, can someone point me in the right direction?

Well, the new AD just confirmed that Archbold Gym is going to connect directly to the Dome.

The pictures included in the Campus Framework release included some of the Dome, like this one:

Dome_Rendering.0.0.JPG

And a disabled SU alum working on the project recently said the renovated facility is going to be very friendly for those with disabilities.

Q: How do you expect mobility and accessibility will be enhanced for all visitors to the Dome?

A: The University is going to improve the width and sightlines of all the accessible platforms. There will be additional platforms and there will be lower counters at the concession stands. Floor seating behind the baskets will also be made available to those with disabilities to purchase.

Throughout the Dome, there will be additional restrooms for women and family restrooms; every bathroom will be accessible. The first aid area will also be improved. Club 44 is going to be totally accessible and there’s going to be better viewing in the executive club, lowering the tables for people. All private suites are also going to be made ADA accessible. There will also be enhanced services for those with hearing or visual impairments.

Syracuse University News » » Alumnus Consults on Accessibility for Promenade, Dome and Arch Projects
Can we have a disproportionate amount of restrooms for women? Seems sexiest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom