Projectors - home entertainment systems | Syracusefan.com

Projectors - home entertainment systems

temery

What?
I have a friend who asked me if I had any recommendations for a home projection system for TV, x-box, etc.

Any suggestions that would help him make an informed decision are welcome.

Personally, I thought the current large screen TV's got the job done. But I am told there are still some projectors that are worth looking into.

Thoughts?

I have a friend who asked me if I had any recommendations for a home projection system for TV, x-box, etc.

Any suggestions that would help him make an informed decision are welcome.

Personally, I thought the current large screen TV's got the job done. But I am told there are still some projectors that are worth looking into.

Thoughts?
I have a home projection system that I bought in 2003. I want to say that I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $1400 and I blew the bulb once and it was $400 to replace the bulb. I don't watch it as much as I used to, mainly because I don't want to spend another $400.

When I bought it, it was considered a lower middle of the road projector. I didn't realize it at the time but it also had a hi-def connections (not bad for 2003). I used to use an S cable but once I connected with hi-def cables, the pictures became must better (for cable broadcasts). DVD's have always looked great. In fact the first time I used it, I watched Pearl Harbor and cranked up my sound system and things fell down off the walls. It's better than being at the movies.

Here is a great AV forum that could answer specific questions for your friend
http://www.avsforum.com/f/