PS: Syracuse basketball forward Tyler Roberson wants to prove he's more than just a rebounder | Syracusefan.com

PS: Syracuse basketball forward Tyler Roberson wants to prove he's more than just a rebounder

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse, N.Y. – It has become, for Tyler Roberson, a ritual of summer.

For the third straight year, Roberson is in Syracuse, taking classes and working to improve his body and his basketball game. The 6-foot-8 Orange basketball forward, now a senior, has been entrenched at power forward, a position that requires Roberson to regularly encounter big bodies as he tries to impose his will at the rim.

He visits the Melo Center weight room from Monday through Friday, alternating exercises designed to augment his arms, then thicken his legs. Roberson has not kept careful track of the weight he's lifted over the years. But he finds increasing evidence of his summer work each new Syracuse season...

20821333-mmmain.jpg

Syracuse basketball forward Tyler Roberson wants to prove he's more than just a rebounder

Is consistency really the hobgoblin of little minds? Not when it comes to Robey! Wouldn't it be great for that young man if Coach only calls him out this year for how good he has been game after game after game? The heart drools!

Wait. That's not right.

Syracuse, N.Y. – It has become, for Tyler Roberson, a ritual of summer.

For the third straight year, Roberson is in Syracuse, taking classes and working to improve his body and his basketball game. The 6-foot-8 Orange basketball forward, now a senior, has been entrenched at power forward, a position that requires Roberson to regularly encounter big bodies as he tries to impose his will at the rim.

He visits the Melo Center weight room from Monday through Friday, alternating exercises designed to augment his arms, then thicken his legs. Roberson has not kept careful track of the weight he's lifted over the years. But he finds increasing evidence of his summer work each new Syracuse season...

20821333-mmmain.jpg

Syracuse basketball forward Tyler Roberson wants to prove he's more than just a rebounder

I'd rather see him shooting jump hooks than mid-range shots. He can make those and coach won't get upset if he misses a few.

Those dumbbells are sweet! I also see a lot of weight that JarHeadJim can't lift.

I was thinking the same about those dumbbells.

The darkest dungeons make for the best weight rooms, and I prefer them to any contemporary or big-box facility. But I would love to call the Melo Center my regular gym.

I think he has more offensive ability than we've seen, but the confidence isn't there. Also, he doesn't have the green light to shoot but JB does want him to do more. Like drive towards the basket, and take the wide open midrange shots with confidence, not reluctantly. Hoping for a huge year from Robey. We don't have our run without him against Duke, and then in the tourney against Gonzaga. He could easily find a spot in the league.

I think he has more offensive ability than we've seen, but the confidence isn't there. Also, he doesn't have the green light to shoot but JB does want him to do more. Like drive towards the basket, and take the wide open midrange shots with confidence, not reluctantly. Hoping for a huge year from Robey. We don't have our run without him against Duke, and then in the tourney against Gonzaga. He could easily find a spot in the league.

What position does he play in the NBA?

What position does he play in the NBA?
If he plays like he did at the end of last season, and goes after every ball like a mad man, I think he could wear a dress at the next level :)
upload_2016-7-30_12-41-6.png

So Roberson is Hall of Fame material? Wow. Bold
I dont think he's going to be Rodmanesque, but I would love to see him carve out a niche as a tenacious rebounder. If he plays his whole senior season like he did during the run, I think we might hear the comparison

I dont think he's going to be Rodmanesque, but I would love to see him carve out a niche as a tenacious rebounder. If he plays his whole senior season like he did during the run, I think we might hear the comparison

The stinker he put up in the FF game doesn't help that cause.

Plenty of 6'8 PFs in the league who ride the bench because they can rebound and play D. Have to be able to hit the 15 footer though. If he puts in the work, I think he can do it. Think Reggie Evans.

The whole team did, its one game, he isn't going to be judged on that.

If you want to compare him to a HOF player based on 5 games you can't discount one of the games.

If you want to compare him to a HOF player based on 5 games you can't discount one of the games.

Who is comparing him to a hof player? We are saying he can make an Nba roster.