PS Writers Picks | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

PS Writers Picks

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...l?hootPostID=9e145cf089358c8dcf11766e7f5bc0a8

None of the 4 put us in a bowl game.

They could argue things shake out during a season, but basically it looks like 3 of the 4 are saying we would start 5-1 and never win again. With the other saying we start 4-1 and never win again.

Put me on the record as saying if we can start 5-1, we'll find at least 1 win on the back half.

Ironically, the name of Millhouse's autobiography is At least 1 win on the back half. Release date TBD.

Put me down for a bowl game this fall.

I sense a quiet confidence coming from the Football Office.

So, I'm in - Go Orange!

This season hasn't even started yet and yet this board can get so depressing. I hope the recruits don't read some of junk that gets posted HERE. What a hell of a power 5 fanbase we got going. All it takes is a Syracuse .commer to post the sky is falling crap and we always get the same stuff repeated over and over.

This season hasn't even started yet and yet this board can get so depressing. I hope the recruits don't read some of junk that gets posted HERE. What a hell of a power 5 fanbase we got going. All it takes is a Syracuse .commer to post the sky is falling crap and we always get the same stuff repeated over and over.
SU hoops deserves the benefit of the doubt. SU football needs to show it to deserve the benefit of the doubt. I want to be optimistic I have picked 6-6 and 7-5 the last 2 years in the preseason. I don't believe in this staff. I want to be wrong but I am not going to lie in my opinions. My opinion means squat if you feel differently. Being optimistic is good but if somebody disagrees and give reasons then people should be okay.

.commer is saying we suck and we are always going suck. I don't think those people are here. If we win 5 games this year then we will have exceeded national expectations.

I mean 6 wins would be a great season. Unless you have faith in Lester being a genius OC we aren't going to turn around the offense to top 50-60 status.
I have 5-7 we need a good offense or I would move. Hell go read my post after the Louisville game last year I know you agree with it.

If SU's offense ends up #60 are you going to say that Lester is a genius OC?

SU hoops deserves the benefit of the doubt. SU football needs to show it to deserve the benefit of the doubt. I want to be optimistic I have picked 6-6 and 7-5 the last 2 years in the preseason. I don't believe in this staff. I want to be wrong but I am not going to lie in my opinions. My opinion means squat if you feel differently. Being optimistic is good but if somebody disagrees and give reasons then people should be okay.

.commer is saying we suck and we are always going suck. I don't think those people are here. If we win 5 games this year then we will have exceeded national expectations.
When I said .commer I was referring to those 4 assclowns who only right stuff that will give them the hits their advertisers want. They are writing there stories to fit their anti agendas towards Syracuse sports in general.

These guys probably sit around all day eating their stale donuts figuring how they can rile up the natives to generate their clicks and people here will always do what they want us to do.....copy and paste their junk reporting.

I have said this in the past,players parents say we have the worst local reporters who cover home teams in pro or college.I am sure their more than a few who are SU. graduates who don't want to be thought of as homers...

A
If SU's offense ends up #60 are you going to say that Lester is a genius OC?
I have already said I will eat large piece of humble pie. I want to be wrong as I want us to win games and have a good offense. However, I am not going to say its good until I see it. All I have seen from Lester was him running McDonald's system with a banged up roster poorly.

retro44 said:

Oh, stop.

Just stop.

Everyone here wants SU to do well this season.

Please start SyracuseUnicornsAndRainbowsFans.com then if this place is so offensive to your delicate sensibilities.

A

I have already said I will eat large piece of humble pie. I want to be wrong as I want us to win games and have a good offense. However, I am not going to say its good until I see it. All I have seen from Lester was him running McDonald's system with a banged up roster poorly.

I get that, but you just wrote that the only way SU's offense can finish #60 or better is if Lester is a genius OC . Do you believe that?

I get that, but you just wrote that the only way SU's offense can finish #60 or better is if Lester is a genius OC . Do you believe that?
Last year the 60th offense PPG Kentucky averaged 29.2 PPG. Last year Syracuse averaged 17.1 PPG if Lester's system increases our production 12 PPG I would call them a genius or really good OC.

Last year the 60th offense PPG Kentucky averaged 29.2 PPG. Last year Syracuse averaged 17.1 PPG if Lester's system increases our production 12 PPG I would call them a genius or really good OC.

So you believe what you wrote, and if SU's offense is #60 or better Lester is a genius or else really good.

So you believe what you wrote, and if SU's offense is #60 or better Lester is a genius or else really good.
I just told you I will have a lot of faith in Lester if our offense scores 12 PPG more than last year. I will be consistent. If our PPG almost double then I will believe in his system and ability to coach offense.

Now let me ask you have you watched the Elmhurst games on youtube?

I just told you I will have a lot of faith in Lester if our offense scores 12 PPG more than last year. I will be consistent. If our PPG almost double then I will believe in his system and ability to coach offense.

Now let me ask you have you watched the Elmhurst games on youtube?

I've made no comments about Lester being a genius or anything else other than a young, bright coach.

Your comments about Lester are interesting to me because yesterday you argued vehemently that Shafer gets too much hype as a good defensive coach, and you discounted the 2010 defense which was #7 in the country. I had to ask if you believe Lester is a genius if SU's offense is #60 because that's what you wrote today.

I've made no comments about Lester being a genius or anything else other than a young, bright coach.

Your comments about Lester are interesting to me because yesterday you argued vehemently that Shafer gets too much hype as a good defensive coach, and you discounted the 2010 defense which was #7 in the country. I had to ask if you believe Lester is a genius if SU's offense is #60 because that's what you wrote today.
Okay if the narrative becomes Lester is a genius then I could see you calling this out. I called out the narrative our D has been better than okay/good. I called Lester a B-/B which is fine and I am okay with the job. I am just not going to call a B-/B an A. We shouldn't expect an A either because we don't have the elite talent to expect that.

If you want to say the word genius is wrong fine. I will change it to bright talented coach. However I know you knew my point which made this pointless as trying to "sting" me isn't going to accomplish anything. My point has been we have no clue how Lester will do this year but after his performance last year he has lost all benefit of the doubt.

Well played.

CN6vv7PUYAAzR5a.jpg:large
I'll add my two cents. Just because I'm dying to talk football! Obviously every prediction is subjective and thus, subject to a three-page discussion about it. I went 7-5 based on everything I wrote (what I've observed, knowing the ebbs and flows of this program from following it all my life just like you guys) http://cnycentral.com/sports/college/niko-tamurians-2015-syracuse-orange-football-preview

The predictions I REALLY put stock into are those of great football minds. These guys just have that 1st hand experience with the program that doesn't always make them right, but gives them a ton of credibility.

If you watch our Orange Zone show (Thursday, 6:30-7:30 on NBC-3) you'll see I have Damien Rhodes and Danny Conley make their predictions.

Since I love the board, I'll let you know ahead of time that Damien Rhodes predicts 7-5 on the show (with the extreme temptation to pick 8-4) while Danny Conley says 5-7.

What does it mean?

What a lot of you all think, that 5 to 7 or 8 wins is pretty realistic. There are several swing games that could be the difference between us being on cloud 9 or hurting. Wake, South Florida, Virginia, Pitt, NC State, Boston College are here on September 2 close games. Win four of those six, plus URI and CMU=6 wins Win more=a better bowl. An upset or two? Then we're all getting "44" tattoos

I really, really think people are putting too much stock in how a depleted, turmoil-ridden team lost games at the end of the season in '14. A Scott Shafer defense is always going to cause the other team problems, and the now-healthy offense under new leadership gives me confidence in a 7-5 prediction.

That all said, perhaps the most informed decision comes from Jack the Sports Dog, who predicted 6-6. I'll take it.

WAR DAMN ORANGEYES

Last edited:
Well played.
What are you talking about. This stupid "sting" is hilarious. My god I am going to read every word you post and Fjoinkay say and will call it.
I was trying to be nice to Lester and now you guys play this game. What a joke you just showed.

Ok you are talking YPP? I thought you were talking total O. McDonald had us at 86th in total O for 2013. If Lester is better than McDonald I would expect him to have no problem getting SU to 75-80 in total O. Using YPP moving into the mdi 80s would be a huge jump vs 2013.
now that so many schools are playing at such a different pace, i look at yards per play more to compare. more plays you get, more plays they get.

i can see lester having a great improvement in yards per play with a much smaller improvement in total yards which is fine with me with this all new defense.

What are you talking about. This stupid "sting" is hilarious. My god I am going to read every word you post and Fjoinkay say and will call it.
I was trying to be nice to Lester and now you guys play this game. What a joke you just showed.

We all say dumb things from time to time (raises hand).

If Shafer had us at #7 nationally on D and you weren't impressed, then Lester getting us to 60 makes him a genius - you can't see the inconsistency there? Not gonna dwell on it - but yeah - he played that pretty well.

Okay if the narrative becomes Lester is a genius then I could see you calling this out. I called out the narrative our D has been better than okay/good. I called Lester a B-/B which is fine and I am okay with the job. I am just not going to call a B-/B an A. We shouldn't expect an A either because we don't have the elite talent to expect that.

If you want to say the word genius is wrong fine. I will change it to bright talented coach. However I know you knew my point which made this pointless as trying to "sting" me isn't going to accomplish anything. My point has been we have no clue how Lester will do this year but after his performance last year he has lost all benefit of the doubt.

Just trying to personally avoid confusion around your writing on these two issues yesterday and today. I'm not trying to prove anything about anybody. You can make sweeping assertions all day long if you want to, and I enjoy that. But I just want to make sure I understand where you are coming from when they seem to contradict each other.

If Shafer had us at #7 nationally on D and you weren't impressed, then Lester getting us to 60 makes him a genius - you can't see the inconsistency there? Not gonna dwell on it - but yeah - he played that pretty well.
Dude I WAS BEING NICE TO LESTER. Do you honestly think I will post on this board Lester is a genius? My god you people sometimes are unbelievable. If Lester gets us up to 60 he will get support. I honestly don't get you or the other person who liked that. Good job guys you got me I am going to tuck my tail and go home. Go give SS a lifetime contract now.

Just trying to personally avoid confusion around your writing on these two issues yesterday and today. I'm not trying to prove anything about anybody. You can make sweeping assertions all day long if you want to, and I enjoy that. But I just want to make sure I understand where you are coming from when they seem to contradict each other.
When I start calling Lester a genius please riddle me with bullets like Sonny Corleone in Godfather.

Dude I WAS BEING NICE TO LESTER. Do you honestly think I will post on this board Lester is a genius? My god you people sometimes are unbelievable. If Lester gets us up to 60 he will get support. I honestly don't get you or the other person who liked that. Good job guys you got me I am going to tuck my tail and go home. Go give SS a lifetime contract now.

I just went back and read your post again (#75). Now, if that is you just being nice to Lester, then just go ahead and be honest and stop being nice because none of this makes any sense.

Please explain to me how that #7 defense did against Washington and Kansas State?

Fine. I'll let it go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom