Class of 2015 - Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI

Tampa Bay HomeTeam@TBHomeTeam · 8h
Football: Armwood 37, Durant 14 http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/football-armwood-37-durant-14/20878/… via @TBHomeTeam

Sat. August 30, 2014 | Doug Pugh
SEFFNER — Armwood had 14-0 lead less than six minutes into the first quarter. But Durant made it interesting as Crispian Atkins’ 85 yards and two TDs in the first half kept it close. After a scoreless third, Armwood’s defense forced costly turnovers and unforced errors to finally pull away.
Drive of the game: Durant held the ball for over six minutes and 14 plays on a drive that could have pulled the Cougars to within a TD. But they turned the ball over on downs in the third quarter.
Play of the game: With 44 seconds left in the third and Durant rolling, DE Byron Cowart sacked QB Erick Davis for a 6-yard loss. Less than three minutes later, Noah Johnson scored, putting Armwood up 35-14.
Star of the game: Sterling Hoffrichter’s 60-yard average on punts allowed the Hawks defense to pin the Cougars’ ears back.
Stat of the game:
12 penalties on Armwood, down from last week’s 24 in the loss to Plant.
Final word: “We’ve got a ways to go, no doubt. We have some concerns about some areas and it showed. … Byron finally played like Byron’s supposed to play. … It didn’t happen till the third quarter, but we’re hard on Byron because he’s got those kinds of expectations that come with his play.” — Armwood HC Sean Callahan
Facebook

I hope Sterling can throw TD passes. You never know...
Gotta have that flick of the wrist action...

I hope we don't have to see another this year though.. Unless it's to take the lead against FSU! :)

Nunes Recruiting‏@NunesRecruiting 27m
RT @shofrichter10: Not a day goes by that I don't realize how blessed I am.
1f64f.png
1f446.png
1f34a.png
#cusenation #syracusehttp://instagram.com/p/sqKlC-NmE2/

Armwood Press Box‏@armwoodpressbox 9m
In 12 hrs at 7:30 at Lyle Flagg Field, your #Armwood Hawks look to improve to 3-0 (2-0 in the district) against Hillsborough. Do Work Hawks!

anomander said:
For some reason I have no problem with a kicker bragging about his stats. I absolutely love it!!

Accuracy is the most important thing. The kickoff distance means nothing. Further away in college and nobody really tries to kick it in the end zone anymore. Like the punt average.

I have a belief that Hofrichter will be as good or better than Krautman could have been if he never got hurt.
IF he can kick and punt, what would that mean for the roster? Would they allow him to do that?

IF he can kick and punt, what would that mean for the roster? Would they allow him to do that?

I'm sure they would. We probably also wouldn't have another scholarship kicker on the roster once Dixon and Norton move on.

That would be great if he could. Get to pocket a scholarship. imo he is good enough to do both.