Class of 2015 - Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI

Would love to see another Rob Long type of punter at SU or a consistent FG as he can do both. .

TopTier Kicking Camp ‏@TopTierCamp 49m
Congratulations to 2012 Top Tier All American Kicker- Sterling Hofrichter who just received a scholarship offer from Syracuse!

Sterling Hofrichter ‏@shofrichter10 1h
Just got my first college scholarship offer from #Syracuse. #blessed

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2900981/highlights/101724387
I think its a great offer and plan to bring in a top kicker next season. If we can bring him in,of course.. Watch some of his video shows some impressive stuff in all aspects of putting the foot on the ball. Having a kid who can do it all in this area is good but for the kid actually doing it all in games might not be the smartest thing to do. Getting a tired leg isn't the goal. at the end of the game with a critical field goal needed.

Getting a tired leg isn't the goal. at the end of the game with a critical field goal needed.

I'm not too worried about a college age kid getting a tired leg from doing both the punting and kicking.

Definitely a lacrosse name. Sterling just oozes future Goldman Sachs.

Syracuse's entire recruiting map

Sterling Hofrichter is on campus today. I'm not sure if it's in an official or unofficial capacity.

He hasn't tweeted anything yet. Looks like Cuse is his first and only offer so far.

He hasn't tweeted anything yet. Looks like Cuse is his first and only offer so far.

I checked that too. My on-campus source on this is about 95% certain it's him, though.

Sterling Hofrichter is on campus today. I'm not sure if it's in an official or unofficial capacity.
What is the earliest date that a player can actually take an official visit?

What is the earliest date that a player can actually take an official visit?

Too early for an Official. I believe it has to be after the start of his 2015 academic year.

depends what class he is?

If he's a current senior he could take an official, if he's a junior then no.

Great day for a FL kid to be on campus. Foot of snow coming.

The kid seems to have a big leg. I'm really pleased to see that the staff recognizes the importance of the kicking game by extending an early offer. IMO a good punter is invaluable when you play the sort of low-scoring, field position games that SU does,

Definitely a lacrosse name. Sterling just oozes future Goldman Sachs.
This is way off topic but isn't it weird how there are definitely "lacrosse sounding names"? When we named my son I thought it sounded like a lax name and Googled it, and sure enough, Notre Dame has a lax player with the same name.