Class of 2015 - Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI

yeah he definitely can't do that, it's simulating a game atmosphere and that's a violation.

So he can kick a football outside the dome, but not inside the dome. So could he kick a ball on the practice field with it being just as empty as the dome would be on a visit on a random thursday?

How dumb is that?

So he can kick a football outside the dome, but not inside the dome. So could he kick a ball on the practice field with it being just as empty as the dome would be on a visit on a random thursday?

How dumb is that?

Its the NCAA, need I say more?

How dumb is that?
He can't kick a football on any campus on any field. If a kicker can kick on the field then can a QB throw the ball to a WR? Can Olinemen do blocking drills? It's not dumb at all, coaches shouldn't be able to try out players.

yeah he definitely can't do that, it's simulating a game atmosphere and that's a violation.
Don't we have a Dome simulator that is by very definition a major violation?!?!?!?!?

Sterling will be up next Thursday and Friday.

Looks like we will be fighting of SEC schools for him. Auburn and Tennessee have both been in to check him out, and Tennessee is especially interested. What makes things interesting is that they said they are going to be giving a punter a scholarship this season since they already have a good kicker. This is good and bad news. The good news is they want him at punter, but I have the feeling he would prefer to kick (he can do both obviously). The bad news is that they are willing to give a punter (didn't specifically say him) a scholarship. This would be big for him since the SEC doesn't always give kickers scholarships. Sounds like he is going to Tennessee for a visit, and to kick at one of their camps in the beginning of June.

Originally I was hoping for a commitment on his visit this week, but with all the of big time interest I suspect he will hold off. Either way it looks like once again our staff identified elite talent before everyone else. Hofrichter could possibly be the best kicking prospect we have ever brought in. He is currently rated the #3 kicker in the country according to rivalz with a 3star (5.5) rating.

Sterling will be up next Thursday and Friday.

Looks like we will be fighting of SEC schools for him. Auburn and Tennessee have both been in to check him out, and Tennessee is especially interested. What makes things interesting is that they said they are going to be giving a punter a scholarship this season since they already have a good kicker. This is good and bad news. The good news is they want him at punter, but I have the feeling he would prefer to kick (he can do both obviously). The bad news is that they are willing to give a punter (didn't specifically say him) a scholarship. This would be big for him since the SEC doesn't always give kickers scholarships. Sounds like he is going to Tennessee for a visit, and to kick at one of their camps in the beginning of June.

Originally I was hoping for a commitment on his visit this week, but with all the of big time interest I suspect he will hold off. Either way it looks like once again our staff identified elite talent before everyone else. Hofrichter could possibly be the best kicking prospect we have ever brought in. He is currently rated the #3 kicker in the country according to with a 3star (5.5) rating.

Many SEC schools don't give kickers scholarships ... even most long snappers are walk-ons. A couple ACC schools also have that luxury but not many.

ffb96961c64549bee20a7695964c2d45_normal.jpeg
Sterling Hofrichter@shofrichter10 · 24m
Finally in #Syracuse for a visit. #football #kicker #punter #orange http://instagram.com/p/olXxxetmFu/
Sterling Hofrichter@shofrichter10 · 30m
This weather is way nicer than Tampa.

Someone should remind Florida fan what the Gators' record was last year... and then remind him of our bowl win.

And the fact that the lost to an FCS team.

Sterling Hofrichter‏@shofrichter10 19m
I wish this hotel had a gym. I want to work out.