Class of 2015 - Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI

I I really love what Shafer is doing for the program but being that judgmental on a kid who isn't wearing a collar after being ordained is over the top. It seems a bit too common for many here to "throw the first stone".
Cali, some of us here have heard that Shafer has given the kid too many chances for multiple indiscretions. This goes well beyond the Marshall St incident.

I I really love what Shafer is doing for the program but being that judgmental on a kid who isn't wearing a collar after being ordained is over the top. It seems a bit too common for many here to "throw the first stone".

Actually its stone number 4 or 5 so lets give it a rest.

I'll use another stone throwing idiom and say 'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones' as you've bashed numerous recruits/players for no reason, and on Ryan Norton there's a reason some of us here are judgmental.

We hear about a lot of colleges sending mass letters to prospects BEFORE they commit. How many do it after? I think this tactic is going to go a long way in holding on to our commits come later in the year.

Punter swag? That's a thing now? Good lord...

The next thing is "holder flow."

th

"Holder Flow"? Sounds like an over-the-counter incontinence medication.

Punter swag? That's a thing now? Good lord...

Hey i'll take it. It shows we have a kicker who is actually into his craft. Norton definitely never showed that heart. I don't think anyone can question Sterling's. Personally I love seeing him use that phrase, it shows he loves what he does.

Hey i'll take it. It shows we have a kicker who is actually into his craft. Norton definitely never showed that heart. I don't think anyone can question Sterling's. Personally I love seeing him use that phrase, it shows he loves what he does.

Sure it does, but from a generational standpoint it's like we are getting to the point where anything "swag" indicates greatness that should be admired.

Sure it does, but from a generational standpoint it's like we are getting to the point where anything "swag" indicates greatness that should be admired.

I'll take kicker swag over kicker swine which is an adequate adjective to what we saw last season.

Hopefully with this guy I won't see another missed 40 yard field school which costs us a game, like Northwestern in 2012, and Pitt last year. That can be very irritating, when you're sitting there in the dome, and we can't execute field goals. Those made would have given us 9 wins in 2012, and 8 last year, which may not seem much, but the perception of 9, and 8 is much better then 8, 7.

I really like that script font on the front of the envelope.

Looks like it might be letterpress? The letters look good, coming from this graphics guy.

Also, are the different envelopes from different people? There always seems to be one blue (Shafer?), some orange ones (position coaches?), and then a bunch of white ones (assorted staff?).

Edit: Never mind. They seem to alternate in color. Maybe they try to differentiate them, though.

I hope everyone appreciates just how great of a kicking prospect Sterling is. He is an SEC level kicker, coming from one of the best HS programs in the nation. Sure ultimately the SEC's unwillingness to offer scholarships to most kickers was the deciding factor, but if he wanted to go that route the option was open. For the most part kickers are the easiest positions to predict their skills carrying over from HS to college, so we should assume that we will have an absolute weapon for the next 4 years starting in 2015.