Class of 2015 - Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Punter Sterling Hofrichter(FL) Signed LOI

Bs6NNQqCQAAZH4D.jpg:large

6:13 AM - 19 Jul 2014
Kohl's Kicking Camps‏@KohlsKicking 1h
Final day of #KohlsElite camp is underway. Whole group stretch before two hours of charting. pic.twitter.com/HruAN6NkvB

Sterling Hofrichter‏@shofrichter10 9h
Had a good first day at the National Scholarship camp. 14/16 on field goals for the day with some great punts and some pretty good kickoffs.

Sterling Hofrichter‏@shofrichter10 44m
After day one I'm ranked 3rd for punting, tied for 5th on field goals and I'm 9th for kickoffs.

Sterling Hofrichter‏@shofrichter10 44m
After day one I'm ranked 3rd for punting, tied for 5th on field goals and I'm 9th for kickoffs.
Considering there are around 150 participants, that's impressive.
Analysis from the Kohl's website:

"Sterling competed at the 2013 National Scholarship Camp and had a great weekend. Sterling showed the ability to do FG's, KO's and Punts. Sterling's "A" ball on KO's is impressive, he showed the ability to hit 75+ yard KO's. He does need to continue to improve his consistency on his ball striking. Sterling scored 25 points in FG's and hit some of the best FG's in his class. Sterling's Punting was impressive. Sterling created great hang time 4.7+ and distance 45+ on many of his punts. He is smooth with his form and very comfortable with his technique. Very good combo prospect, someone to keep the eyes on. had very good UCC"

Considering there are around 150 participants, that's impressive.
Analysis from the Kohl's website:

"Sterling competed at the 2013 National Scholarship Camp and had a great weekend. Sterling showed the ability to do FG's, KO's and Punts. Sterling's "A" ball on KO's is impressive, he showed the ability to hit 75+ yard KO's. He does need to continue to improve his consistency on his ball striking. Sterling scored 25 points in FG's and hit some of the best FG's in his class. Sterling's Punting was impressive. Sterling created great hang time 4.7+ and distance 45+ on many of his punts. He is smooth with his form and very comfortable with his technique. Very good combo prospect, someone to keep the eyes on. had very good UCC"
Very excited about this kid. A true game changer on special teams. Haven't had an NFL kicker in a while, time to restart that tradition, Sterling.

So, what's the chances him making the UA All-American game? Would love to have an SU commit represent in that game. Have we ever had one?

So, what's the chances him making the UA All-American game? Would love to have an SU commit represent in that game. Have we ever had one?

Only if you count Paulus ... otherwise no.

In a way, selfishly, I hope he doesn't make the UAA game. I'd like to keep him hidden as possible, which isn't really easy since he plays at one of the best programs in the nation.

In a way, selfishly, I hope he doesn't make the UAA game. I'd like to keep him hidden as possible, which isn't really easy since he plays at one of the best programs in the nation.

Hey, he got an SU cookie cake. He isn't going anywhere else. Put him in the game!

FWIW, Daiquan Kelly is a nominee to the Army All American game. KJ Williams was our first last year, he's now our second. Sooner or later we're going to get someone in the game. (and Paulus doesn't count :) )

Nice job, and if there's one category I like seeing him in the top 5 it's field goals
and I love seeing him so far up there on kickoffs - makes such a big difference when the kicks are being fielded in the endzone instead of at the 7 yard line

http://bigcountypreps.com/181/sterling-ready-cuse-commit-with-lofty-2014-goals/

Sterling Ready: Cuse commit with lofty 2014 goals
In HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, RECRUITING, RECRUITING FEATURES / By TEAM BCP / 24 July 2014

Sterling-300x200.jpg
NAME: Sterling Hofrichter

POSITION: Kicker/Punter
SCHOOL: Armwood
CLASS: 2015
2013 STATS
87 kickoffs, 5311 yards, 67 touchbacks
27 punts, 975 yards, 36.1 avg
70/71 on PATs and 9/14 on FGs
Besides a powerful leg, accurate aim and calm, cool demeanor, Sterling is a humble competitor, looking for any edge to better his game. The 2015 Hawk is a Syracuse commit, looking forward and not past his senior season at Armwood. Likely to be the top ranked team when the BCP Sweet 16 ranking drops prior to the season, Sterling was a big reason why the Hawks survived a few playoff scares in 2013. But 2014 will bring a new season, with new challenges and Hofrichter will have to bring some magic.
What are you expectations for Armwood football in 2014?
SH: My expectations are to go undefeated, dominate every team and become state champions!
How have you seen yourself grow on and off the field since being a member of the Hawk football team?
SH: I have definitely gotten a lot better at kicking and punting. I had Nick Feely to basically teach me some my freshman and sophomore year and that helped me a bunch. At Armwood you aren’t given anything. You have to earn it. You have to workout for it. Many kicker’s don’t get respect from teammates because the some kicker’s just kick and go home or they don’t work out. I have my teammates respect because I workout with them, do the running with then and I even do the punishments with them.
What has been your biggest moment to date?
SH: My biggest moment is probably getting a scholarship offer from Syracuse and then committing to Syracuse. It was a dream come true to be able to continue playing football at the next level.
What are your goals for 2014?
SH: My goals for 2014 is to have at least 95% of my kickoffs to be touchbacks, be more than 90% on field goals, and average above 42 yards on punts along with doing some directional punting.
The recent commitment to The Cuse, what prompted that decision?
SH: the coaches at Syracuse were great and believed in me since the day they saw me kick. They showed that they really wanted me. I also love the campus, dorms, and Carrier Dome. It will be amazing to kick in a dome where I won’t have to worry about the cold, wind, rain or snow.
What are looking forward to gaining at this year’s BCP Boot Camp Training Camp?
SH: I’m looking at gaining some insight from kicking coaches and I also love to compete and so that will be a lot of fun.

What are your goals for 2014?
SH: My goals for 2014 is to have at least 95% of my kickoffs to be touchbacks, be more than 90% on field goals, and average above 42 yards on punts along with doing some directional punting.

Um, thats awesome. If he hits those goals as a senior it will be very exciting for us. Heck it would be awesome if we can get him to come close to those numbers as a college freshman.

OrangeMojo said:
and I love seeing him so far up there on kickoffs - makes such a big difference when the kicks are being fielded in the endzone instead of at the 7 yard line
it's been stated many times that the staff prefers guys who kick it off with a lot of hang time and the ball landing anywhere from the 5 yard line to 2 yards into the end zone. So I believe it's by design.