Class of 2014 - QB AJ Long | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB AJ Long

Good lord, some people are never happy. :D
He didn't need to tattoo himself for me to believe, this kid is going to be something special. I still can't believe the season he had in his junior year in HS. Zach is just a victom of some last minute bad advice. I had heard it was his parents that didn't want him to go to SU, if its true. Now he is hopelessly buried in the depth chart at QB. Kinda reminds me of William's Dad who said Notre Dame was a better "Brand" for Ishaq. Wonder how he feels now! Let me tell you, AJ has the best looking "Brand" I have seen in a long, long time.

He didn't need to tattoo himself for me to believe, this kid is going to be something special. I still can't believe the season he had in his junior year in HS. Zach is just a victom of some last minute bad advice. I had heard it was his parents that didn't want him to go to SU, if its true. Now he is hopelessly buried in the depth chart at QB. Kinda reminds me of William's Dad who said Notre Dame was a better "Brand" for Ishaq. Wonder how he feels now! Let me tell you, AJ has the best looking "Brand" I have seen in a long, long time.
I don't think the stuff you said about Zach and his parents is true. I went to one of Temple's games last year wearing my Syracuse gear. Zach's mom approached me at halftime and just starting gushing about Syracuse and, in particular, Hackett. Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one. The reason Allen isn't at Syracuse is because of the coaching change, Hackett in particular.

I don't think the stuff you said about Zach and his parents is true. I went to one of Temple's games last year wearing my Syracuse gear. Zach's mom approached me at halftime and just starting gushing about Syracuse and, in particular, Hackett. Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one. The reason Allen isn't at Syracuse is because of the coaching change, Hackett in particular.
Personally, I really don't have a problem with that. But, unfortunately, coaches come and go and we need to get past the point where kids are choosing SU because of a particular coach and not for the School itself.

Personally, I really don't have a problem with that. But, unfortunately, coaches come and go and we need to get past the point where kids are choosing SU because of a particular coach and not for the School itself.

Why an athlete chooses a college sports program is multi-faceted. Personalities and how they interact are always going to come into play. It's not the same as how I chose a school based on location and academics. It has to be compared more to how you would choose a job. If you didn't feel a relationship/comfortable with the boss... would you take the position?

Why an athlete chooses a college sports program is multi-faceted. Personalities and how they interact are always going to come into play. It's not the same as how I chose a school based on location and academics. It has to be compared more to how you would choose a job. If you didn't feel a relationship/comfortable with the boss... would you take the position?
Absolutely. But then, kid gets here and coach leaves anyway. Just saying the draw of the School has to be bigger than the draw of the coach at some point since coaches are always coming and going. The best recruiters sell the School imo. I do think the ZA situation was a little out of the ordinary since there was an almost entire turnover of the staff after a successful season, and I can see where he would be hesitant to come here.

Absolutely. But then, kid gets here and coach leaves anyway. Just saying the draw of the School has to be bigger than the draw of the coach at some point since coaches are always coming and going. The best recruiters sell the School imo. I do think the ZA situation was a little out of the ordinary since there was an almost entire turnover of the staff after a successful season, and I can see where he would be hesitant to come here.

That is the key statement with Zach. There was no stability in sight. I hope that HCSS is successful and has found a long term home. Everyone, college kid or jobseeker, wants a stable environment...unless of course you're crazy and love chaos and turnover.

@Aj_Long3: Can't sleep man this is the greatest day man hoping for more great.news tomorrow!!

He know something we don't?

@Aj_Long3: Can't sleep man this is the greatest day man hoping for more great.news tomorrow!!

He know something we don't?
When was that tweeted? Maybe AJ sent that out Saturday night in anticipation of KJ's announcement.

O'Hare is a big hub for United. He could be coming back from just about anywhere.

Philly is by far my least favorite. Like the rest of the state of PA, it's constantly under construction. That being said, if a flight is $100 cheaper out of there compared to Newark, I'll suck it up.

Philly is by far my least favorite. Like the rest of the state of PA, it's constantly under construction. That being said, if a flight is $100 cheaper out of there compared to Newark, I'll suck it up.

Oh yes. I can still remember doing like that OJ Simpson commercial through Philly airport. Truly it's not the large airports though, it's those small airports on those little, tiny planes. Ever fly into Williamsport with the mountains. Never again.

Oh yes. I can still remember doing like that OJ Simpson commercial through Philly airport. Truly it's not the large airports though, it's those small airports on those little, tiny planes. Ever fly into Williamsport with the mountains. Never again.

You want an interesting ride? Take a puddle jumper into Flagstaff, Arizona in the afternoon, when the winds are kicking up.

I was always reminded of that ride when I would watch the scene in the movie 'Hunt for Red October', where Jack Ryan is riding in the helicopter, trying to find the submarine.

All kinds of fun when everyone around you is puking into little paper bags.

Philly is a pit. The shuttle from the commuter terminal F to the bigger ones is a real pain in the arse. And that commuter terminal has been under construction for seemingly 10 years now, with essentially no concessions. Only place to get a drink is a new age euro oxygen bar (looks that way anyway) that may or may not be open.

Plus, flights out of Philly seem to be dependably late. The queue to get onto the runway is legendary.

Philly is a pit. The shuttle from the commuter terminal F to the bigger ones is a real pain in the arse. And that commuter terminal has been under construction for seemingly 10 years now, with essentially no concessions. Only place to get a drink is a new age euro oxygen bar (looks that way anyway) that may or may not be open.

Plus, flights out of Philly seem to be dependably late. The queue to get onto the runway is legendary.
All true...plus the airport staff can be absolutely miserable!

I have to say that I like the airport in Vegas. Coming in over the strip at night is great. Plus, you never know who you'll run into.

Is this the airports I prefer or hate thread or the AJ Long thread. I believe I may be lost :bang:

Please sir will you help me I appear to have wandered into a random airport review forum and I be a widdle scaad

:eek:

Hey, with Coaches on Vaca it's rambling time on a recruiting forum.