Class of 2014 - QB AJ Long | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB AJ Long

And to the complainers who complain about the complaining aimed at syracuse.com's new coverage of football - THIS is why complainers complain. This stuff has potential to screw us up. And I ask again, do you think Dabo Swinney deals with any of this BS in his local coverage? If you think this is normal, take a look at the publications that follow Clemson or even UNC. Heck even rutgers gets far better treatment from its media, and A. this is NJ where controversy and acrimony are ways of life and B. nj.com or whatever the star ledger site is called is owned by the parent of syracuse.com. This media experiment is going to cost us recruits. and Cohen is just a nasty spiteful human being who has no sort of clue what he is doing. This is not about new media, new media can be impactful and positive and can expose us to off the cuff video clips of player interviews, discussions with friends and family of players and coaches, human interest stories that might be too long to make the print edition etc - there are things you can do to drive clicks and readership without resorting to negative instigation - and clearly syracuse.com is trying to instigate to generate clicks. that is not news. If cohen thinks he has a future with this, good luck getting to the NY times with that strategy - Thamel would be ashamed.

I'm willing to bet he is getting this from Rivalz having Long listed as an athlete and not a qb . No way anyone on or associated with the staff will tell him a thing.

Weird, did UConn offer AJ a scholie all the sudden and Cohen's helping recruit?

lol yeah no sht, uconn probably offered him as an athlete so now there are rumblings.

Never thought I'd say it, but I long for the days of Nolan Weidner.

Yep. You can say what you want about Weidner but at least he has ethics... I don't think Cohen knows what that word means.

There are rumblings that the Post Standard is headed for bankruptcy and Cohen is headed for the unemployment line. Just rumblings. I haven't heard anything concrete. It could be nothing. My guess is Cohen wouldn't be happy about reporting to Labor Ready at 6 am every morning.

I gotta admit, I thought people were being a little oversensitive regarding Cohen but this tweet is completely useless. I'm 95% sure he's just basing these "rumblings" on his personal opinion on Long. Sure, he's a little light now but 6-2 is certainly not too small to play QB. I'm planning on catching his game next Friday and I'll report back my assessment. I'm sure it will be more professional and accurate than anything Cohen will be writing on the subject.

I gotta admit, I thought people were being a little oversensitive regarding Cohen but this tweet is completely useless. I'm 95% sure he's just basing these "rumblings" on his personal opinion on Long. Sure, he's a little light now but 6-2 is certainly not too small to play QB. I'm planning on catching his game next Friday and I'll report back my assessment. I'm sure it will be more professional and accurate than anything Cohen will be writing on the subject.
We just had a 6-2 QB get drafted in the 4th round

As a journalist, you never put information into the public domain that hasn't been verified (although most outlets do that now). I don't think Cohen realized this info could be seen. Very foolish of him.

His lack of a filter is really going to endear him to the staff. Don't plan on seeing any true info from the staff in the PS going forward. Kid's a POS and his work reflects that he only has one concern, and it's pretty obvious.

Nolan was a bit clueless but at least he didn't actively try to undermine the program in order to advance his own career.

He's 22 years old I think he knows how Twitter works. He's just an idiot trying to wind people up.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but evidence is quickly piling up that supports your perspective.

He's 22 years old I think he knows how Twitter works. He's just an idiot trying to wind people up.

Agreed. When this topic came up a few weeks ago, I was willing to give Cohen the benefit of the doubt due to him being inexperienced. But he repeatedly comes off as a jackass. Sometime's a cigar is just a cigar.

Agreed. When this topic came up a few weeks ago, I was willing to give Cohen the benefit of the doubt due to him being inexperienced. But he repeatedly comes off as a jackass. Sometime's a cigar is just a cigar.

Same here. I regret standing up for the guy.

people getting angry lol

1. Richard Sauter@rjsauter44
    1h
    Exactly! Only an immature wannabe writer would. RT "@oldpinepoint: @Michael_Cohen13 @DevonHeinen why even report anything like this"
    from Syracuse, NY

2. Devon Heinen
    @DevonHeinen

1h
    Wait, @rjsauter44 and @oldpinepoint. @Michael_Cohen13 wasn't reporting anything. We were having a convo. Just so happens we're both journos.
    Expand

3. Devon Heinen
    @DevonHeinen

1h
    @rjsauter44 & @oldpinepoint, @Michael_Cohen13 can back me up when I say not everything a journo talks about to another journo is a report.
    Expand

4. Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13

1h
    @DevonHeinen @rjsauter44 @oldpinepoint Exactly. I reported nothing. Devon asked me about a player, so I answered.
    Expand

5. Devon Heinen
    @DevonHeinen

1h
    @Michael_Cohen13 sorry, Buddy. Who knew my tweet to you would have resulted in this on a Wednesday a.m.
    Expand

6. Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13

1h
    @DevonHeinen It's ok man haha. No worries.

Hide conversation

10:48 AM - 14 Aug 13 · Details

Tweet text
    Reply to @Michael_Cohen13 @DevonHeinen

Image will appear as a link

7. Ari Gold
    @Jimmywilkins

29m
    @Michael_Cohen13 @DevonHeinen Your a sports writer? Your tweets will be viewed as such. U dont see Axe running his mouth about nonsense.
    Expand

8. Ari Gold
    @Jimmywilkins

27m
    @Michael_Cohen13 @DevonHeinen U dont take info based on "rumblings" (w.e that means?) And post it on twitter. DM him.
    Expand

9. Ari Gold
    @Jimmywilkins

25m
    @Michael_Cohen13 @DevonHeinen Be professional. No need to start roomers about a kid whose still in high school.

Hate to say this, but this garbage doesn't belong on AJ's thread! He has been nothing but a class act and ambassador for the school thus far!

Hate to say this, but this garbage doesn't belong on AJ's thread! He has been nothing but a class act and ambassador for the school thus far!

Just adding to what was already started on here. The mods are welcome to delete any of it.

EDIT: I did but was just showing people that stick up for Cohen all the tweet garbage he posts

This is what happens when I get all yipped up on coffee too early, I get overly excited and send angry tweets to sports writers and then feel bad about it a hour later haha :| oh well...

-Ari Gold