Class of 2014 - QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Alin Edouard (FL) to Garden City CC/Commits to Jackson State/Returns to JUCO/Joining Coach Acosta's Coaching Staff Del Valle HS

So now we can be on the lookout for Edouard for fball and Vaughn Harris and Warren Hill for the Lax team.

Looks like all the other LAX newbies are here ... even Gale Thorpe.

Looks like all the other LAX newbies are here ... even Gale Thorpe.

Ah thrilled to hear about Thorpe. That is a HUGE addition with the loss of Maltz and the top incoming O frosh deciding to Prep. Not sure he can have a big impact next spring but the fact he made it here is great news.

5 to play 4 ?

Undetermined. PS will ask at Shafer's next presser.

All depends on if he was enrolled as a full-time student over the Summer.

If he took classes, his clock would have started. If he was forced to withdraw from school due to a family emergency, he might be able to petition the NCAA to get the year back.

And you know for certain that he started class? That he even needs a waiver? You know that he & Shafer didn't have a conversation or several, and didn't come to an agreement on the best course of action?

See, it goes both ways. People can make assumptions on both sides of every disagreement.

My view is that he has a dream, and he felt that dream could best be realized at SU. Something occurred that has to be dealt with. At this point, I hope that he does what is best for him and the people he cares about, and reaches whatever dream he has. See, some things actually are more important than football, or the team or school you support.

He was here for summer session, roomed with Ishmael, I suppose he could have dropped everything and am unsure how this would be regarded as to his clock, but he was here. It is very likely that his clock has started and this would become his red shirt year assuming he ever shows up. Call me pessimistic but this does not bode well for his future at SU.

You are right there are more important things, but that has no bearing on if he ever plays at or attends SU, which is what this discussion is about, because this is a SU fan board not a what is best for his life board. I happen to think following thru on commitments is pretty important in that regard also though.

Still believe it is 10 to 1 against him ever coming back, but hope he does come back. Just my opinion.

I'll lay $100 on that if you're taking action.
No, because I am still hoping for that 1 out of ten, so would be betting against what I really want to happen, that would not be wise for me to do. Still does not alter my opinion, just hope I am wrong.

Jesse Dougherty‏@dougherty_jesse 6m
Interesting note from the story: Edouard has been working out everyday with Chris Perkins, Teddy Bridgewater's godfather and HS QB coach.

Shafer says he will create natural separation from the other freshman so that give me the impression he has five years.

Shafer says he will create natural separation from the other freshman so that give me the impression he has five years.
Don't see why he would say 4 years of eligibility if he still had a redshirt year left.When he mentions seperation from the other freshman to me it seams like he is speaking of Wilson and Kimble who are redshirt freshman and Long who may or may not use a redshirt.

I am pulling for this kid. He needs a break. Hopefully its here but if not that is OK also.
Go Alin!

If this all falls to fruition he could be QB1 for 4 years and not 3. Redshirt for Hunts final year.

Syracuse beats CMU and MD, then shocks the Heisman candidate by pulling off a shocker over the Irish, and AE is back on campus...or.....I hat OR's, so let's leave it at that. ;)

Syracuse beats CMU and MD, then shocks the Heisman candidate by pulling off a shocker over the Irish, and AE is back on campus...or...I hat OR's, so let's leave it at that. ;)
what in the world are you talking about? AE will be back in January, Shafer said this.

Also I wouldn't call Everett Golson a heisman candidate.

Crusty said:
He'll have to wait his turn until Wilson graduates. :)

Not if he runs better than Hunt and can pass like Wilson. Plus he's McDonalds's guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom