Class of 2016 - QB Andrew Ford (PA) to UMass | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Andrew Ford (PA) to UMass

I think it is hard to understand because apparently nobody except Iowa States old staff agree with you at the college level. You did some good research to find this, but we go through this constantly on this board where someone finds a prospect and starts pencilling them in as better than the existing players. Your logic is essentially that Iowa State trumps the offers of the other players but wouldn't 1 Iowa state offer equal 1 Syracuse offer so their interest level is exactly the same? So you want to replace 2 1 offer guys and a walk on with a 1 offer guy. And the pre Juco stuff is not worthy of a conversation if his JUCO tape can't get him a look.

I've already stated why I think he would be and upgrade and I'm not going to keep repeating myself. Part of it is based on how well he performed at JUCO and his JUCO tape. Why he doesn't have more offers out of JUCO? Got me. That question has been tossed around repeatedly. Don't know.

I just don't want to see 2015 redux this year where we lose multiple games because we can't field a QB who is capable of winning games for us. And I'm not willing to take on the defeatist attitude that of our first 2 guys get injured, oh well season is over.

I've already stated why I think he would be and upgrade and I'm not going to keep repeating myself. Part of it is based on how well he performed at JUCO and his JUCO tape. Why he doesn't have more offers out of JUCO? Got me. That question has been tossed around repeatedly. Don't know.

I just don't want to see 2015 redux this year where we lose multiple games because we can't field a QB who is capable of winning games for us. And I'm not willing to take on the defeatist attitude that of our first 2 guys get injured, oh well season is over.

i get it, i just dont think this kid moves the needle in the direction you want.

i get it, i just dont think this kid moves the needle in the direction you want.

And that's fair. Outside of a flip from a P5 program that we don't know about, any QB coming in now is going to be a reach. I just know that we need help on that depth chart for this season and I'd rather have a reach that has shown some competence than flipping a kid from the MAC or something like that who is going to have to redshirt and had no P5 offers.

not that we were involved here, but man did UMASS pop up a lot in the last few weeks

My thinking is maybe he couldn't transfer to another ACC school

Chicago44s said:
My thinking is maybe he couldn't transfer to another ACC school

Hmmm good thought though hes already 2 yrs removed from vt. I never question the ncaas ability to arbitrarily interpret the rules.

Looking back a year and a half later...

Womack - transferred, never even saw a snap at QB at Syracuse
Wilson - transferred, hardly played under Dino - when he did it wasn't pretty
Rex - RS'ed and hasn't taken a snap yet

And because of Dungey's injury last year, Mahoney was once again the only legitimate option.

Meanwhile, Andrew Ford will be a returning starter at UMASS this year after being their leading passer last year with 26Td's to 14 Int's, 2,600 yards passing and 61% completion percentage, and 1 spot beneath Eric Dungey in NCAA passing efficiency at #48 with a 138.0 efficiency rating.

And because of Dungey's injury last year, Mahoney was once again the only legitimate option.

Meanwhile, Andrew Ford will be a returning starter at UMASS this year after being their leading passer last year with 26Td's to 14 Int's, 2,600 yards passing and 61% completion percentage, and 1 spot beneath Eric Dungey in NCAA passing efficiency at #48 with a 138.0 efficiency rating.
So he was a mediocre QB on a bad team. Yay?

So he was a mediocre QB on a bad team. Yay?

To perform as he did on a team as bad as his was in his first year there learning a new system - his OL allowed 45 sacks which was basically dead last in the NCAA - you may think that's mediocre but I don't. It's a freaking miracle to crack the top 50 for QB efficiency on a team that bad.

I said I was going to revisit this and I did - you can draw your own conclusions however you like.

Happy to see this kid doing well. I suspect he will have him self a pretty damn good year this year.

Can we not do this? Especially when the comparison is a kid playing for ZooMass?