Class of 2018 - QB Artur Sitkowski (NJ) Verbals to Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Artur Sitkowski (NJ) Verbals to Rutgers

Offers from RU, UMD, Temple, BC, Indiana, SC, Michigan, Iowa, Pitt, UNC, Miami, Ohio ST, VT, Wisconsin, Florida, Ole Miss, Duke, Syracuse

Well, the desire to walk down the road and catch OBHS football games next fall has drastically dropped. Coach Lanzafama has been my kids' Little League coach for the last 3 years. He's a great guy.

Here is a review from a parent...wow are they bitter,but they seem to add in a lot numbers to back them up.

We sent our son here for one semester and it was pure, utter torture. We felt like we entered the twilight zone after one week and clearly regretted taking our son out of a normal high school and placing him in this money obsessed joke of a school. IMG should be investigated and shut down by the State of FL, as it clearly is a pure money maker and should not be in the area of education. The two areas, education and money, clearly do not mix at this place.The admissions office basically accepts anyone who is alive, breathing, and with either a lot of money or a 5 star recruit who they can manipulate and take advantage of. The school accepts over 95% of the applicants, and does not require any sort of entrance test. That alone should have been a red flag, as almost every school my son applied to required some sort of entrance exam. However, they call their program a "camp", not a school. They also accepts kids mid year and provide them with no information/resources to transition in a successful manner. The only communications you ever get pertains to the dollar sign. Additionally, approximately 1/3 of the students are on IEPs and yet the school does nothing whatsoever in determining if they can in fact accommodate students with certain learning disabilities, they strictly look only at the hard cold cash the parents are willing to fork out, and accept any and everyone regardless if they are going to be successful. Kids drop out left and right and they do not give a sh**t, because their payment policy is that they get 90% of the tuition upfront. They also push putting kids on Adderrol, every other Thursday a doctor comes in and sees tons of students to write out ADD prescriptions. One semester at this "school", exactly 5 months, is almost $50,000. Yet, the place only calls you when it pertains to money, nothing else. Your kid could be half dead and you will not hear from them. The cost to attend is ridiculous and yet they nickel and dime you to death, everything comes down to fees/money and only money. Use a credit card, 5% fee, late for a payment, additional fee, need a tutor, another fee, attend the Learning Resource Center, a huge $1500.00 fee, laundry service $700 fee, ride the bus another fee, attend SAT Prep, $1000 fee, use the toilet another fee, and the list goes on and on...They strategically place beverage areas, vending machines and eating places all over the place, that are additional monies, and at the same time limit the cafeteria to just a few hours for each meal, in order to rake in more cash from the kids. My son spent $800 one month on food at the school, even though he was on the food plan because it is never open. The school, (and I use that word loosely), is a complete joke...Teachers, ( I use that word loosely as well), are bottom of the barrel, with minimum experience and are clearly there because they cannot make it anywhere else. My son was there for 2 weeks doing poorly and not one teacher reached out to me, I instead had to chase his teachers down to talk to me and update me on his status. None got back to me and in the end, once the administration realized your child was a little bit of work they start to play hardball, trying to squeeze your child out. They lie and are completely underhanded and do not care about kids who are less than 5 star recruits. Further, the school mandates random drug testing, and certain 5 star athletes fail almost every test, and yet coaches and administration look the other way. There is no school pride or high school feel to the place, most of the kids travel all week with sports, combines, tournaments and what have you, so a large percentage of them do online classes while they are there. And I question if they actually do the classes themselves, as the place is pretty shady. When my son applied the admissions lady went in great detail, regarding how they get their ACT/SAT scores up, by manipulating the testing with kids on IEPs. The recruiting of high profile high school players, who are young teens is sinful and should be illegal. It is absolutely disgusting. The football coaches don't give a sh**t about the paying kids and make empty promises to get them in the door, and once there they drop them like hot potatoes. They in reality don't care about the star athletes either, taking advantage of them and using them as a tool to bring in more media attention and ultimately money. The coaches spend half their time coddling the 5 star recruits so they don't leave and the other half of their time hunting down new 5 star recruits to join the program. I could go on forever, our short time there was one big disappointment and an eye opener, we regret every day having found this place because it did more harm than good to our son, we are still picking up the pieces...

Was this review …?

There is plenty of other reviews just like this one.

I was just talking to his old HS QB coach about him earlier today. He said IMG is unbelievable. All they do is eat and sleep football. The facilities are amazing too. Everyone who goes there is there to get a scholarship. I don't know if he didn't know about his commit this morning, or didn't say anything.

Miami now has 6 recruits in the fold. Five are 4 stars and one is a 5 star, if you think stars are important.

Miami now has 6 recruits in the fold. Five are 4 stars and one is a 5 star, if you think stars are important.
I think how those players gel with the staff and make the transition to the next level is more important. Miami has been getting mainly 4 and 5 star the last few years. For whatever reason, it hasn't mattered. I have a feeling, that with Richt at the wheel, those 4 and 5 star kids will play like 4 and 5 star kids.

I think how those players gel with the staff and make the transition to the next level is more important. Miami has been getting mainly 4 and 5 star the last few years. For whatever reason, it hasn't mattered. I have a feeling, that with Richt at the wheel, those 4 and 5 star kids will play like 4 and 5 star kids.
UGA redux. The locals here in atl will tell you what to expect.

upload_2017-11-1_20-41-52.gif