Class of 2015 - QB Being Recruited? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Being Recruited?

Cuse Action

2nd String
How important is it for Shafer to recruit a QB considering the fact that our prized recruit from last year isn't on campus, and no one can say for certain that he will ever make it back here?

How important is it for Shafer to recruit a QB considering the fact that our prized recruit from last year isn't on campus, and no one can say for certain that he will ever make it back here?

Shafer is still extremely confident Edouard will arrive. Frankly until we have any tangible evidence to the contrary I see no reason to speculate.

It also doesn't appear we are even recruiting the QB position in 2015 (so the staffs answer to your question would be, not at all) we seem to have our sights set on a pair of 2016 guys in Zembiac and Abramson.

Tim Lester mentioned in an article a few weeks ago that they are not recruiting QBs for this class.

It's blatantly obvious that whatever is going on, Edouard wants to get to SU and SU wants to get him here. The only way he isn't coming is if whatever his family situation is, requires that he stay close to home in Florida.

I think it's a fair concern that he never makes it here and I've just not seen these things work out in the end.

We won't take a QB in this class though.

If he took summer classes his eligibility clock may have started. Someone should check into that b/c if it did start then screw winter, he needs to get back now before classes start.

Last edited:
We should always be recruiting QBs. It's the most critical position on the field, and for whatever reason, we (or college football in general?) have not seen a great percentage of exciting recruits work out into legit contributors.

Abramson/Brotzki will be the two main targets in 2016. Zembiac is going to PSU. Could see Abramson commit early. Not recruiting one in 2015, no need to waste a scholarship, we'll have Hunt, Kimble, Wilson and Long.

Edouard will be here.
Do you have a preference between the two?

We should always be recruiting QBs. It's the most critical position on the field, and for whatever reason, we (or college football in general?) have not seen a great percentage of exciting recruits work out into legit contributors.

I like to take 1 QB per class but we've taken 3 in the last 2 classes - and 4 if AE makes it here so we're good for 2015. Next year for sure.

There is a good chance Edouard doesn't come until January. If that's the case it will be him, and hopefully Abramason who we are in a good spot with. Duke is a major player for Abramason though. Brotzki, and maybe a couple of the other Rochester qb's minus Zembiac who we don't have a prayer for as a back up plan. We may be able to get Brotzki as a walk on too since his Dad works for the University. He wants to go through the process though.

Just out of curiosity, why did Brotzki transfer to CBA? Was it strictly football related?

bnoro and anomander do you really think Alin will make it back to Syracuse? If it is January like anomander said I personally don't think he returns. Also can he still be recruited if he stays in florida to next semester or is his LOI still in play?

bnoro and anomander do you really think Alin will make it back to Syracuse? If it is January like anomander said I personally don't think he returns. Also can he still be recruited if he stays in florida to next semester or is his LOI still in play?

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine his LOI is still binding and he would have to transfer to another school and sit out a year.

As far as I know, Dawson's LOI is still binding and he isn't here yet.

I think it's a fair concern that he never makes it here and I've just not seen these things work out in the end.

We won't take a QB in this class though.

If he took summer classes his eligibility clock may have started. Someone should check into that b/c if it did start then screw winter, he needs to get back now before classes start.

As soon as you take a college course, your eligibility clock begins. He'll redshirt this year no question (and would have even if he stayed).

Wish he would come back for fall semester for program purposes - just to be a part of the S&C program - but the longer he stays in FL, the less and less likely that becomes.

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine his LOI is still binding and he would have to transfer to another school and sit out a year.

As far as I know, Dawson's LOI is still binding and he isn't here yet.

Correct. The next week will be interesting for sure.

Believe so.
I remember in high school Matt Palumb transferred from JD to WG to play football for his dad (and because Greg Burns had the starting QB spot sewn up). He transferred back in time for lacrosse season.

Abramson/Brotzki will be the two main targets in 2016. Zembiac is going to PSU. Could see Abramson commit early. Not recruiting one in 2015, no need to waste a scholarship, we'll have Hunt, Kimble, Wilson and Long.

Edouard will be here.
There is no way anyone can say with certainty that Edouard will be here. No one knows what the real situation is with this kid. It could be a family issue, or it could be a personal thing. To say he will be back for sure is wishful thinking.

Last edited:
His twitter has had no action since early yesterday. Are we sure he hasn't made it back up here at this point.

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU 14m
Talked with high school coach of Alin Edouard last night. He reiterated what Scott Shafer has said. Edouard will eventually be at school.

Edouard will be here.

I think you meant Hunt, Wilson, Long and Kimble!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom