Class of 2015 - QB Being Recruited? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Being Recruited?

bnoro and anomander do you really think Alin will make it back to Syracuse? If it is January like anomander said I personally don't think he returns. Also can he still be recruited if he stays in florida to next semester or is his LOI still in play?

I am pretty confident he will be back, but the later it gets the more I am thinking January. I don't think the LOI really will come into play since Syracuse has had his back from day 1. Unless he suddenly has to transfer back home I don't see him checking out anywhere else. I believe he started taking some Summer courses so I am kind of concerned about his eligibility clock starting. Ideally he re-enrolls in January, and can take a redshirt next season as well.

I am pretty confident he will be back, but the later it gets the more I am thinking January. I don't think the LOI really will come into play since Syracuse has had his back from day 1. Unless he suddenly has to transfer back home I don't see him checking out anywhere else. I believe he started taking some Summer courses so I am kind of concerned about his eligibility clock starting. Ideally he re-enrolls in January, and can take a redshirt next season as well.

Agreed, that would be a kick in the nuts if he ends up even losing a redshirt year as a result of this.

14.2.1.1 Determining the Start of the Five-Year Period.
For purposes of starting the count of time under the five-year rule, a student-athlete shall be considered registered at a collegiate institution (domestic or foreign; see Bylaw 14.02.3) when the student-athlete initially registers in a regular term (semester or quarter) of an academic year for a minimum full-time program of studies, as determined by the institution, and attends the student’s first day of classes for that term.

Did he take a full course load during the Summer semester?

For purposes of starting the count of time under the five-year rule, a student-athlete shall be considered registered at a collegiate institution (domestic or foreign; see Bylaw 14.02.3) when the student-athlete initially registers in a regular term (semester or quarter) of an academic year for a minimum full-time program of studies, as determined by the institution, and attends the student’s first day of classes for that term.

You would have to assume he would have withdrawn from any classes he was registered for right? So from the sounds of that if he comes in January he would be a true Freshman next year?

Summer Session II runs from June 30 to August 8. When did he leave?

Summer Session II runs from June 30 to August 8. When did he leave?

He definitely left before camp began so anytime before August 1st. Not sure how late in a session you can w/d though? It's probably going to be tricky, but if he can show the real reason for having to go home you would hope the NCAA would cut him a break.

It'll help his cause that he never practiced with the team.

It won't matter since he'll be in the NFL in 3 years anyways. ;)

If he doesn't make it back this week id be pleasantly surprised if we ever see him suit up at Cuse.

This might be one of the rules that the Power 5 will change.

PhatOrange said:
If he doesn't make it back this week id be pleasantly surprised if we ever see him suit up at Cuse.

Based on what? Anomander and Bnoro and SS and the kids High School Coach all think he'll be back... Better source?

Based on what? Anomander and Bnoro and SS and the kids High School Coach all think he'll be back... Better source?

I have no idea honestly. I am just assuming from what I have heard from Shafer's statements. I know his real reason is locked up real tight up there.

just curious how many take stock in what dan tortora says ? because he says his sources had told him that they been keeping a eye on Eric Dungey and that tim lester is going out to utah to see him play friday night..

I don't know what we are doing with this kid or if we even have a shot at him because he is out of our normal recruiting territory but based on his tape sign him up to be Orange. He has a very nice arm and seems to have decent speed and agility, as well as nice size. Hope we can get him cause you can never have too many quarterbacks and this season proved that.

I don't know what we are doing with this kid or if we even have a shot at him because he is out of our normal recruiting territory but based on his tape sign him up to be Orange. He has a very nice arm and seems to have decent speed and agility, as well as nice size. Hope we can get him cause you can never have too many quarterbacks and this season proved that.

I'm totally on board with another QB - JUCO, Prep, I don't care - hopefully someone who can get here in January ready to compete and who is physically ready to play next year. And hopefully Eduard gets up here in January too.

The roster will sort itself out.

Went to Hudl for highlights and it was a 6'4" 200 lb. out of Oregon. It was a junior highlight film. Is this the guy?

Yes. Doesn't look like there area any Sr Highlights up yet.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/794084/eric-dungey

Also wouldn't be any grade issues as he has offers from Harvard and Yale. I had heard that Lester was interested in a QB in Cali. Maybe they were just off a little in their geography.

Lester and Adam are both following him on Twitter.

Hope to hit on 1 is the key. Pretty unimpressive offer list though; Brown, Idaho, Northern Colorado, Air Force, Navy, UNLV. I think its much harder to "hit on 1" when schools like that are offering. Not saying its not possible. This program needs a QB. I know rankings are very questionable, personally I put more into the offers a kid has received. The coaches at Brown, Idaho and N Colorado have looked at him and thought he was their level of player. It disappoints me to think the best we can get is the #96 ranked HS QB in the country.

Hope to hit on 1 is the key. Pretty unimpressive offer list though; Brown, Idaho, Northern Colorado, Air Force, Navy, UNLV. I think its much harder to "hit on 1" when schools like that are offering. Not saying its not possible. This program needs a QB. I know rankings are very questionable, personally I put more into the offers a kid has received. The coaches at Brown, Idaho and N Colorado have looked at him and thought he was their level of player. It disappoints me to think the best we can get is the #96 ranked HS QB in the country.

The flip side is I'll watch a Nevada, CSU, or UNLV game and think, damn, that QB is a better passer than anybody we've had in 20 years. And I'll wonder how does Nevada find these kids and we can't.

He's got PAC12 sniffing around, though he looks like he's on their B List. With knowing ZERO about his recruitment I have a feeling he'll get offers late.

Air Force and Navy compete. The Navy offer tells me he can run. All the offers tell me he's pretty smart.

Last edited:
Id take this kid. 6-4 200 and Dungey's kid? Why not
He is not related to Tony Dungy. Dungy has a son Eric who played QB at Oregon and USF but his last season of college eligibility was with the Bulls in 2014.

Let being said, I agree Dungey with an e is an impressive player. The scouting services say he is a pocket passer but he can run and would be a great fit on the offense we have been trying to run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom