Class of 2015 - QB Chason Virgil (TX) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Chason Virgil (TX)

It's a shame for this kid and, whther or not he considers Cuse, I hope guys start seeing some of these shady coaches for what they are. I'm sure Mullen is a slick saleman and promises these kids the world but the veil on him is paper thin if you stop and actually look. Shame the recruiting sites only now list the 20 some kids per year that signed with MSU rather than the 30+ commits they've taken most years and all the offers they ended pulling from commits.

Unfortunately this is part of what goes on EVERYWHERE. Look at Robinson. And I wouldn't be surprised with the change at OC if it doesn't happen again. An early signing period might eliminate this and flipping on the part of the recruits.

Unfortunately this is part of what goes on EVERYWHERE. Look at Robinson. And I wouldn't be surprised with the change at OC if it doesn't happen again. An early signing period might eliminate this and flipping on the part of the recruits.

Im not sure every school could get away with it. I can understand taking 28 kids in a year knowing that a few won't qualify but MSU had 38 commits in a recent class at one point and end up telling a bunch they have to grey shirt a year. If the kid doesn't qualify for any other scholarship help they just went from a full ride to having to pay for at least a year of school that their family may or may not be able to afford depending on their family background.

Are you saying that we told Gerald Robinson that we don't have a scholarship for him .... or something else?

Im not sure every school could get away with it. I can understand taking 28 kids in a year knowing that a few won't qualify but MSU had 38 commits in a recent class at one point and end up telling a bunch they have to grey shirt a year. If the kid doesn't qualify for any other scholarship help they just went from a full ride to having to pay for at least a year of school that their family may or may not be able to afford depending on their family background.

Unfortunately we aren't above this either. I agree, it's pretty lame.

Are you saying that we told Gerald Robinson that we don't have a scholarship for him ... or something else?

Someone else...TOS posted it, but asked that it not be shared. I am sure it will come out eventually.

Just shows we aren't above the fray.

Heard this week that the Col St. coach, Jim McElwain, is probably the front runner.

I was thinking Chad Morris would be a top candidate, but McElwain makes sense if they want to get someone with head coaching experience this time around. McElwain has a solid resume. I think that would be a really good hire.

Someone else...TOS posted it, but asked that it not be shared. I am sure it will come out eventually.

Just shows we aren't above the fray.

To be fair, it's a two way street. With the number of kids that are flipping 2, 3 times during the process now, I really don't have a problem with a kid or a staff deciding that a fit isn't right for them and moving on, as long as it's communicated in a timely manner on both sides. A week before signing day is a joke in either direction.

If we can get Chason to commit; it's a no-brainer. He has good field vision; the arm to go long; the touch to make all the throws accurately; he is a good runner; good-sized QB; what's not to like?

What indication has he given that he's considering Syracuse?

I just watched the tape on Chason Virgil, the HS QB out of Texas. WOW, that is what a 4 star big time QB looks like. Size, speed, arm strength are all evident on film. This is the kind of guy the program needs to make a big splash. Syracuse has not had this type of talent at QB in such a long time..McNabb like! We need a guy that you can build an offense around, regardless of who the OC is..or what the scheme is, you can win with a guy that has this skill set. Heck, the winged T. would work with this guy…

I just watched the tape on Chason Virgil, the HS QB out of Texas. WOW, that is what a 4 star big time QB looks like. Size, speed, arm strength are all evident on film. This is the kind of guy the program needs to make a big splash. Syracuse has not had this type of talent at QB in such a long time..McNabb like! We need a guy that you can build an offense around, regardless of who the OC is..or what the scheme is, you can win with a guy that has this skill set. Heck, the winged T. would work with this guy…
Save your breath, he isn't coming here.

Is there any reason to believe that we even have an outside chance at landing this kid?

I don't know how his name came up on the thread..other than the fact that he is good…and available.
He is apparently following Eric on twitter after Eric followed him. BFD.

He is apparently following Eric on twitter after Eric followed him. BFD.

this late in the game most bigtime schools already have there qbs giving us some chance if were interested

this late in the game most bigtime schools already have there qbs giving us some chance if were interested
We are kidding ourselves. If he is as good as we think several schools will create a spot. This isn't a DB or LB we are talking about.

We are kidding ourselves. If he is as good as we think several schools will create a spot. This isn't a DB or LB we are talking about.

we have a chance but we have to get him to take a visit to be realistic

Crusty said:

Sooooo negative. These guys are many things - but they can recruit. Lester is a guy that people like and feel comfortable around.

If Chason wants to start early in his career, he'll give us a look.