Class of 2015 - QB Chason Virgil (TX) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Chason Virgil (TX)

To be fair, it's a two way street. With the number of kids that are flipping 2, 3 times during the process now, I really don't have a problem with a kid or a staff deciding that a fit isn't right for them and moving on, as long as it's communicated in a timely manner on both sides. A week before signing day is a joke in either direction.
Getting kids out of Texas is more than difficult Their state football is an indoctrination process starting when they can stand and hold the football . Its not impossible but it is improbable. Yes we need a QB and any quality kid can see the opportunity at Syracuse if his state pride doesn't blind him to the opportunity.

Crusty said:
What have I said that isn't common knowledge. If you think this is not out there you are sadly mistaken.

Then it's piling on. He's right. Parents do read these - and it makes zero sense to handicap ourselves further after this tough season.

Getting kids out of Texas is more than difficult Their state football is an indoctrination process starting when they can stand and hold the football . Its not impossible but it is improbable. Yes we need a QB and any quality kid can see the opportunity at Syracuse if his state pride doesn't blind him to the opportunity.
Cali, are you forgetting the highly regarded 3 star QB out of Texas, named Allen, that committed to the Cuse…until Marone left and bailed to TCU days before signing day. I hear what you are saying…..but it can be done. this kid looks like he could start from day one.

Fact is if the kid wants a good chance to play early and likes the staff and school why wouldn't he take a look?

That is assuming he and the staff have connected.

First he wasn't signed and Marrone was just a convenient excuse to flip back to a Texas team. You are deluding yourself if you think getting this kid is just procedural. I like the kid we have from Oregon i.e. Eric Dungey. This is the best news so far this recruiting year.Size and ability to avoid the rush enough to make plays in the process. We need better OL players to give the offense a chance to succeed. Oh and more WRs. We lose West. Maybe Custis becomes more play ready by next season.West Lindor is toin coss as to what position he plays. Getting Dunkelberger at the TE spot might decide that issue. Dunkelberger is a JC kid and may be ready for the TE job which has been painfully neglected in recent seasons.

Fact is if the kid wants a good chance to play early and likes the staff and school why wouldn't he take a look?

That is assuming he and the staff have connected.
He doesn't have a lot of time to jump around the country so I would guess if he visits the odds change dramatically. IF he visits.

Visiting Louisville this weekend...

Ugh, thats all that cheating douchebag needs is a 4 star QB! I'm feeling a bit discouraged again, need something positive!

How many kids from Texas do we have on our roster? Zero.
How many kids from Texas have we ever had on our roster? Anyone..anyone...Beuller
N.Y. 27
Fla. 14
Pa. 10
Calif. 8
Ga. 8
Ill. 6
N.J. 6
Va. 4
Mich. 3
Ala. 2
Mass. 2
Md. 2
Ohio 2
Ariz. 1
Colo. 1
Conn. 1
Del. 1
England 1
Kan. 1
Mo. 1
Nev. 1
Tenn. 1
Wash. 1

Last edited:
Elon Mitchell, a Cali favorite, was from TX. Carroll Madison and David Hohensee too.

Visiting Louisville this weekend...
Luisville has been out recruiting the Orange for awhile now but I get your point and that would be a pisser if he went there but we do have one quality QB coming into the p;program in Dungey so who TF knows whats left out there that the staff is working hard to bring in? I hope its a JC road paver at the OG or OT.Marrone disposed JC kids. From his mouth to my ears. Shafer isn't like him in this respect. I learned quite a bit about Marrone that day He has a bit of determination at anyone's expense about him. If you want to use the word "nasty" or cynical it doesn't really matter. He was in LA at the ESPN CENTER on the day that Paulus was announced as his intent to play for the Orange. Chris Gedney was with him. Chris said nothing but would answer a direct question shot at him. I will say this about Doug in that he was open to everyone present. I have a picture somewhere here of him kneeling by my wheelchair with his rm around my shoulder I also have a a football with an inscription and auto graph sent to me much later. The ball is not a real game ball but one that is used for autographs and momentos.

Charlie Copa came out of Austin Westlake. He made it one year at Syracuse before concussions ended his career before it really had a chance to start.

The original point, however, is valid. This kid is from a place Syracuse doesn't regularly recruit and has no (known) connection to Syracuse. While it is fun to drool over the potential and dream of him in Orange, the simple fact is that there has to be a presumption that Syracuse is not a serious contender until there is evidence showing otherwise.

by my count 23 were on the roster at one time or another.

drew allen just last year

first was 1944, then a gap to 1989 , then one on the roster almost every year after that.

3 qbs drew allen, mark mcdonald. xavier gaines and also trey hardin who i dont think ever really made it here

first was 1944, then a gap to 1989 , then one on the roster almost every year after that.

3 qbs drew allen, mark mcdonald. xavier gaines and also trey hardin who i dont think ever really made it here

Is this correct?
25 years from 1989 to 2014
low would be 1 every four years or 6 and the high would be 1 each year or 25. Most likely what 10? one every other year or so.