Class of 2016 - QB David Moore (GA) Transfers from Memphis to GCCC to CMU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB David Moore (GA) Transfers from Memphis to GCCC to CMU

David Moore3508450.jpg
Gotta love the intensity in his eyes!

This is going to be a tough flip. It's irrelevant who recruits favorite, retweet, or whatever else on twitter. It does not matter one bit. Chad Mavety used to retweet Syracuse stuff all day long and he never seriously considered us for a second. The kids just like the attention.

Not saying this kid can't be good, but lets take the orange colored glasses off for a bit. How good do we expect to be when our QB targets are considering schools like SMU, Wake, Temple, Toledo, FIU etc. Those are not really schools we want to be grouped with. Missing on Brown was pretty big.

Not saying this kid can't be good, but lets take the orange colored glasses off for a bit. How good do we expect to be when our QB targets are considering schools like SMU, Wake, Temple, Toledo, FIU etc. Those are not really schools we want to be grouped with. Missing on Brown was pretty big.
Yes it was. If Chad Morris likes Moore then I think we take a chance.

Yes it was. If Chad Morris likes Moore then I think we take a chance.

Chad Morris is taking the best kids he can to compete in the AAC. If Chad Morris was the HC at Clemson, would he be recruiting this kid to play QB at Clemson? No, of course not. Guess what, we compete with Clemson, not ECU Memphis and Tulsa

Moore is very highly regarded by a lot of people who know talent. I've had conversations with people (who know their football) who think he has a higher upside and is a more natural QB than Brown. Just sayin'.

Will he wind up better than Brown? Who knows. Will we even get him on campus? Hopefully. But let's see how it plays out before deciding 1) we're out of it already and 2) he's not at the level we need. There are reasons the staff really, really likes him, and why Skowt had him ranked ahead of Brown.

Chad Morris is taking the best kids he can to compete in the AAC. If Chad Morris was the HC at Clemson, would he be recruiting this kid to play QB at Clemson? No, of course not. Guess what, we compete with Clemson, not ECU Memphis and Tulsa
We would be happy to have QBs who are as good as the guys ECU and Memphis had last year.

We would be happy to have QBs who are as good as the guys ECU and Memphis had last year.
Yeah, remember: last year our QBs combined for this stellar stat line: 2209 yards / 54% / 5 TD / 17 INT

Let's not act like we have the pick of the litter when it comes to quarterbacks and can turn down guys that actual QB gurus are hot after.

I wish we competed against Clemson.

Is RW still planning on attending the Opening Columbus regional next weekend? I know Moore has stated numerous times that he's competing there so maybe they'll run into each other in Columbus. From the best I can tell they don't follow each other on twitter so maybe jekelish can introduce them to each other :D

Hmm, Moore is definitely going to be in Columbus? Interesting. I hadn't seen that.

Well I can't seem to find it now so not sure if he took it down but I remember seeing a couple tweets in last couple of weeks saying that he was going to Columbus.

Another interesting twist is that I see Anthony Brown is also going...would be neat if they are both there and we could see how they stack up against each other in the eyes of some qb experts as there has been much debate here over them. Brown had a real good showing in the NY/NJ regional ranking 2nd to Guarantano but ahead of a couple high 3 star/4 star qb's committed to other schools.

Well as an update - Robert may or may not go, and even if he does he may not actually participate. So it's kind of a play it by ear thing. (Why might he not participate even if he goes? Basically, he's been doing camps and combines nonstop for 4 years, and honestly just doesn't really have anything left to prove...he's trying to rest his body and stay as healthy and fresh as possible)

Well as an update - Robert may or may not go, and even if he does he may not actually participate. So it's kind of a play it by ear thing. (Why might he not participate even if he goes? Basically, he's been doing camps and combines nonstop for 4 years, and honestly just doesn't really have anything left to prove...he's trying to rest his body and stay as healthy and fresh as possible)
So he can just be awesome from day one at cuse? Brilliant plan.

And spend his time there recruiting for SU!?