Class of 2016 - QB David Moore (GA) Transfers from Memphis to GCCC to CMU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB David Moore (GA) Transfers from Memphis to GCCC to CMU

Well as an update - Robert may or may not go, and even if he does he may not actually participate. So it's kind of a play it by ear thing. (Why might he not participate even if he goes? Basically, he's been doing camps and combines nonstop for 4 years, and honestly just doesn't really have anything left to prove...he's trying to rest his body and stay as healthy and fresh as possible)

I'd assume the reason to go/compete is to get an invite to The Opening. Any clue if kids can get an invite without actually competing this year in one of their Nike camps/combines? I know the invites are about the full body of work (high school film, combine stuff, etc) and not just the results of 1 combine so maybe there is a chance. Hopefully if he weren't to go to Columbus or compete there but he had done one last year and/or year before maybe there is a possibility he could still get selected. It would be nice to have one of our commits there to mingle with some other big time guys and talk us up in that type of environment.

Yeah, but at the same time I'd think most kids who get to the Opening do it because they feel like they have something to prove. Robert doesn't.

He still may participate, but if he doesn't, it's because he wants to rest and doesn't feel like he has anything to gain from it.

jekelish said:
Yeah, but at the same time I'd think most kids who get to the Opening do it because they feel like they have something to prove. Robert doesn't. He still may participate, but if he doesn't, it's because he wants to rest and doesn't feel like he has anything to gain from it.

I don't know about this reasoning? The very best recruits in the nation all compete at the Opening regionals so they can get invited to the national Opening in Oregon. Every single one of the top recruits in the country want to make it to this event. They do it because their competitors and want to compete against the best. Whatever reason would their be? What do guys like Rashan Gary or Kareem Walker have to prove? They do it cause they love the game, and love to compete. I'm not sure why we need to make excuses here?

I don't know about this reasoning? The very best recruits in the nation all compete at the Opening regionals so they can get invited to the national Opening in Oregon. Every single one of the top recruits in the country want to make it to this event. They do it because their competitors and want to compete against the best. Whatever reason would their be? What do guys like Rashan Gary or Kareem Walker have to prove? They do it cause they love the game, and love to compete. I'm not sure why we need to make excuses here?
It's not an excuse. It's a fact. I'm not making this stuff up, you know.

Why do people feel the need to go out of their way to try to find things to be negative about when it comes to our own guys? I don't get it. The kid is tired, and hasn't had a break since 7th grade. He wants a summer to relax. What the hell is wrong with that, exactly?

Last edited:
jekelish said:
It's not an excuse. It's a fact. I'm not making this stuff up, you know. Why do people feel the need to go out of their way to try to find things to be negative about when it comes to our own guys? I don't get it. The kid is tired, and hasn't had a break since 7th grade. He wants a summer to relax. What the hell is wrong with that, exactly?
So is every other top prospect in the country. It's just a strange reason.

I would think a kid who played at a small HS his whole career would die for a chance to get an invite to the Opening Finals and compete against the best players in the country. Not sure how that's being "negative".

So is every other top prospect in the country. It's just a strange reason.
It's really not. Most other top prospects haven't done as much.

And holy hell. Do we REALLY have to keep nitpicking every single goddamn thing a kid does and try to pick him apart and be so freaking negative and suspicious? It's getting incredibly old.

EDIT: You know what, screw it. I'm done providing any updates on that front. I'm tired of this negative, pessimistic crap.

jekelish said:
It's really not. Most other top prospects haven't done as much. And holy hell. Do we REALLY have to keep nitpicking every single goddamn thing a kid does and try to pick him apart and be so freaking negative and suspicious? It's getting incredibly old.
Dude give the "negative" stuff a rest, that what's getting old. It's not being negative, it's asking a legit question. You don't need to be the kids publicist.

Dude give the "negative" stuff a rest, that what's getting old. It's not being negative, it's asking a legit question. You don't need to be the kids publicist.
1) It's not being a publicist. Someone asked me if he was going to be there, and I answered and mentioned the reasoning behind him potentially not participating.
2) Immediately questioning his motives is ABSOLUTELY negative.

jekelish said:
1) It's not being a publicist. Someone asked me if he was going to be there, and I answered and mentioned the reasoning behind him potentially not participating. 2) Immediately questioning his motives is ABSOLUTELY negative.

Well you know what I do find it odd that one of the top recruits in the nation wouldn't want to do what every other top recruit in the nation is doing and that is trying to earn an invite to the Opening Finals to compete against the very best. Wow how negative .

anomander said:
Well you know what I do find it odd that one of the top recruits in the nation wouldn't want to do what every other top recruit in the nation is doing and that is trying to earn an invite to the Opening Finals to compete against the very best. Wow how negative .

The point is that it's his prerogative. Questioning his reasons and bringing up competition is negative. Maybe the kid is tired of the dog and pony show and knows that real competition begins in Jan of 2016?

He chose his school. What does competing against others in a meaningless combine have to offer? Competing against SU's opponents on the field starting in 2016 is way more important. He has absolutely nothing to gain by competing in another combine, unless he's all about the accolades, which I get the impression that he's not.

The point is that it's his prerogative. Questioning his reasons and bringing up competition is negative. Maybe the kid is tired of the dog and pony show and knows that real competition begins in Jan of 2016?

Well if that's negative then it's negative. Sorry for having a different opinion that isn't all shiny, and wrapped in orange bows.

How about we get back to discussing Moore? From what I have seen he seems relatively solid to SMU righ now. Im not seeing much suggesting he's strongly considering opening up his recruitment at this time. Or am I missing something?

How about we get back to discussing Moore? From what I have seen he seems relatively solid to SMU righ now. Im not seeing much suggesting he's strongly considering opening up his recruitment at this time. Or am I missing something?
Agreed. I'd like to see him flip, but I have a feeling it'll be tough, even with his dad an SU guy. Still, there's a long way to go.

With Sawyer Smith committing to UCF tonight, SU's got to go all in on trying to get Moore to flip. I know it's still early, but I'm getting a little nervous about getting a quality QB, let alone two, in the 2016 class.

With Sawyer Smith committing to UCF tonight, SU's got to go all in on trying to get Moore to flip. I know it's still early, but I'm getting a little nervous about getting a quality QB, let alone two, in the 2016 class.
Was thinking he same. Lot of negatives around the offense right now. Tough to get a quality kid to buy in.

The other big hurdle is, while we don't know how good our young guys will be, there's gonna be a logjam in the FR/SO class by the time the '16 QBs get here. We'll have a redshirt sophomore (probably) and two redshirt FR on the depth chart. That's a lot of young guys.

I don't think there's a huge urgency to bring in a non AList Qb on the heels of bringing in two last year and a limited number of ships this year.