Class of 2016 - QB David Moore (GA) Transfers from Memphis to GCCC to CMU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB David Moore (GA) Transfers from Memphis to GCCC to CMU

So now Rex is crap because Moore is visiting?? OK ... The kid hasn't set foot on campus and some are like "he was never any good anyway." Laughable. Why don't we keep this thread to Moore.

it's ok if some people don't get all googly over some of the kid's film they see. And he never said Rex was crap. He said he'd get crap for having a different opinion and that's exactly what happened.

Last edited:
My only real hesitation with Moore is that, like Womack and Long, he's a bit undersized. Listed at 6-2, 170, which means he's probably closer to 6-0, 165 at this point. I do like his film, though. I think he's a potentially better/more natural version of AJ Long at QB (and a superior athlete to AJ).
Just an FYI, Will Hicks told me that AJ is closer to 5'10" than 6'0" but is one of the strongest players on the team pound for pound.

Just an FYI, Will Hicks told me that AJ is closer to 5'10" than 6'0" but is one of the strongest players on the team pound for pound.

Does strength help you see over the offensive line? Asking for a friend.

Went to school w/ this kid's dad, Mike Moore- had a coupla of the same classes. Comes from a great family, is very well coached, and mechanics are top-notch. I know his Dad is ecstatic for the offer.
Would not shock me in the least if we flipped this kid...Brown or no Brown. Bring em both and may the best qb win!!

Called this one back in May.
Not a done deal by any means, but the odds have definitely gone up on his making the flip.
If the visit goes well, you're looking at a VERY good chance that he comes here.

Called this one back in May.
Not a done deal by any means, but the odds have definitely gone up on his making the flip.
If the visit goes well, you're looking at a VERY good chance that he comes here.
I thought the opposite just because he was so vocal recruiting other kids to SMU.

Last edited:
I thought the opposite just because he was so vocal recruiting other kids to SMU.
Let's just say that his Dad, not to mention the many alums who went to school with him, are constantly in the kid's ear about giving SU a fair look. As the article stated, SMU was first to reach out to the kid and he grabbed it. But SU plays in a better conference and has a better brand than SMU football, which has never quite recovered from their "Death Penalty/Pony Express" heyday.
We are a viable option, and he'd get a lot more exposure if he goes to the Cuse.
Stay tuned!;)

Last edited:
He's is very,very patient in the pocket with a very strong arm in the short passing game.Tall and lean like a Teddy Bridgewater,if we can snag him bar Cris Carter from the campus.I think he is a Q.B. prospect only

Yeah something tells me this kid isn't sticking with his SMU commitment...this "soon" is while quoting a tweet of a QB flipping his commitment. He did it for two different QBs who flipped.

(As far as I know, Dino's staff is not involved with him)

Pretty sure this would have happened for SU awhile ago if it was going to happen. Dad (as is known here) is a SU grad with a Duke MBA. Sadly Mike (dad) seems to be more of a Duke bball fan now. If memory serves me Mike was president of the SU black student association - or at least was actively involved. From what I knew he had a good time at SU so if he was going to push his son to go there it would have happened a long time ago. Some articles state that Mike was a lacrosse player but I think he only walked on for one year - maybe two.

Mike's letting the kid make up his own mind obviously, and not pushing him in any particular direction. Honestly he doesn't have much say on what happens next. At least that's what he's saying on Facebook, etc.
Also, we don't know if HCDB wants David or not, so...