Class of 2016 - QB De'Vante Cross (PA) Verbal to UVA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB De'Vante Cross (PA) Verbal to UVA

We may not have a lot of them, but some of the diehard fans are the most diehard compared to any program.

Agreed. So many recruits are citing the fans on twitter as impressive. The Rutgers fans try to post photos of the dome when we play a RI or Tulane to rebut the "great fans" thing.

So... Shafer/Coyle - lets get some butts in the seats and win some games. We are primed.

Agreed. So many recruits are citing the fans on twitter as impressive. The Rutgers fans try to post photos of the dome when we play a RI or Tulane to rebut the "great fans" thing.

So... Shafer/Coyle - lets get some butts in the seats and win some games. We are primed.

There's a little science to it. But almost every commit this cycle has given the fans and #cusetwitterarmy a shout out - That's not by accident.

Doesn't have a rifle arm but he has touch finesse and accuracy. His footwork is good consistently positioned for the same release pass after pass....shows well coached and a lot of repetitive work. Decent quickness and speed for position changes to DB or WR.

Doesn't have a rifle arm but he has touch finesse and accuracy. His footwork is good consistently positioned for the same release pass after pass...shows well coached and a lot of repetitive work. Decent quickness and speed for position changes to DB or WR.
I've bolded the key part here. He's not being recruited as a QB, he's being recruited specifically to play DB.

I've bolded the key part here. He's not being recruited as a QB, he's being recruited specifically to play DB.
As expected. The question is where is he in the pecking order compared to guys like Burell from MD and Clarke the former Oregon State comit?

Libero2 said:
As expected. The question is where is he in the pecking order compared to guys like Burell from MD and Clarke the former Oregon State comit?
I personally would go:
Burrell
Clarke
Cross

I think Clarke is the most likely to commit out of that group however

I'd personally take the first two. I think the plan is to grab 2 dbs so simply take the whoever bites between those three. However if Burrell wants to commit late, I think you make room.

I personally would go:
Burrell
Clarke
Cross

I think Clarke is the most likely to commit out of that group however

Clarke has been quiet which is not like him. Still waiting to hear he has a visit set up

Any news here? After Moe Neal and Donald Stewart, is he the most talented offensive player on our "draft board"?

No, Eric Burrell is ahead of him. I have to believe the door has closed on Cross, especially now with Brinson in the fold.

Sorry, I was envisioning him as a WR. Was he being recruited as a DB?
He certainly appears to have that elite top end gear. As indicated earlier - watch the play right at the 3 minute mark of his video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom