Class of 2016 - QB Devon Modster (CA) Transferring from UCLA | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Devon Modster (CA) Transferring from UCLA

Where have you been? This is how all recruitments are found out about. It's not illogical at all. In the past it was private phone calls. The contact is more public now. What would be illogical is choosing to ignore it when the info is right there.

OCLew is way, way more proven than Lester, Mc. . . . it, Spence, Hackett... And he has a strong Twitter game to boot. That's not a demerit.
Oh I've been here the whole time. I've only been involved in following recruiting closely the past 3 years, in the Twitter era. Sometimes it's just astonishing to see how quickly things change and how as few as five years ago people would have laughed in your face for even considering Twitter as a recruiting tool, let alone one of the most powerful weapons in the arsenal. Heck i remember when I first started following recruiting there were tons of people debating whether twitter had a point in recruiting. I also seem to remember this board had a policy against tweeting recruits, and would ban any who were found to tweet recruits, so that there was no possibility this board could potentially be cited in any recruiting violations stemming from inappropriate Twitter usage. Now we have prominent posters openly tweeting at recruits and creating edits for them that get posted in the kids recruitment thread.

It was simply an amazing 'how times have changed' moment of reflection that's all.

Oh I've been here the whole time. I've only been involved in following recruiting closely the past 3 years, in the Twitter era. Sometimes it's just astonishing to see how quickly things change and how as few as five years ago people would have laughed in your face for even considering Twitter as a recruiting tool, let alone one of the most powerful weapons in the arsenal. Heck i remember when I first started following recruiting there were tons of people debating whether twitter had a point in recruiting. I also seem to remember this board had a policy against tweeting recruits, and would ban any who were found to tweet recruits, so that there was no possibility this board could potentially be cited in any recruiting violations stemming from inappropriate Twitter usage. Now we have prominent posters openly tweeting at recruits and creating edits for them that get posted in the kids recruitment thread.

It was simply an amazing 'how times have changed' moment of reflection that's all.
Ha, I remember those discussions. Defending Twitter, calling people dinosaurs. Good times.

Good post

If nothing else, it gets our name out there as being involved with 4 (and dare I say it - 5????) star talent. Once that becomes a non-eye popping event, we can get involved with more, and maybe even land some. At least, that's the way I am looking at it.
I'm tired of the "at least we're in the discussion " feel good moments. We're in the ACC now. It's time to consistently land this level of talent.

Last staff got a few but they never made it to campus for one reason or another.

I'm pretty confident Dino's staff will land 4 & 5 star talent on O. And D will follow.

I'm tired of the "at least we're in the discussion " feel good moments. We're in the ACC now. It's time to consistently land this level of talent.

Last staff got a few but they never made it to campus for one reason or another.

I'm pretty confident Dino's staff will land 4 & 5 star talent on O. And D will follow.
So, we're going to go from doing a jig when we land a 3-star, to landing 4 and 5-star talent right away? Doubt it. I'm just as impatient as you are, but it's not going to happen overnight. Consistently land 4's and 5's? Not this year. Or most likely, next. Hopefully, it starts very soon, and the snowball catches fire. ;)

I like the fact that Modster is intrigued by the fact that Dino's past QB have thrown for almost 5000 yards a season. I think our best shot to get him is show him just how potent out offense attack will be and how good it will make him look. Him in Dinos scheme and playing in the dome will make him look great and will instantly be put in Draft conversation. I think we would be the easiest path to the NFL for him.

I like the fact that Modster is intrigued by the fact that Dino's past QB have thrown for almost 5000 yards a season. I think our best shot to get him is show him just how potent out offense attack will be and how good it will make him look. Him in Dinos scheme and playing in the dome will make him look great and will instantly be put in Draft conversation. I think we would be the easiest path to the NFL for him.
I do believe the staff will get some high rated QB's to commit because of their ability to show evidence of their success. Has to be intriguing for a recuit to hear 5000 yard passer and sending a FCS QB in Garopollo to the NFL. Thats what im excited about. We havent been able to sell a offensive product in years. As far as wins ans recruiting, this year could be special if we are able to show good things on the field with players that werent recruited for their system.

Last edited:
Reactions: 007
ORANGE MODSTER:
bn-206_1z.jpg
...yeah...it's a thing.

jekelish said:
It definitely wasn't. The article has been changed on Nunes now with the quotes removed.
I read it on Scowt without a subscription earlier today, FWIW.

Edit: reading the thread now - realized it's a bit of both: available via Twitter and not supposed to be quoted.

jekelish said:
They have two articles on Modster. One is free, and doesn't have the quotes coming directly from him. The Nunes article has been changed to incorporate the quotes from a Skowt analyst talking about Modster, which comes from the free Skowt article. The second Skowt article is premium, and has quotes from Modster. I'm guessing people are confusing the two, because the one with quotes directly from Modster is absolutely, 100% pay, and those are the quotes that have since been removed from the Nunes article.

Agree with CL - but I read those quotes on Scowt with my phone and I don't have a subscription.

It's all good. I'm amped he's interested.

It is awesome to hear he wants take a OV because he is intrigued. Hopefully when he see the Dome and the facilities and I hope a lot of fan support.

So, we're going to go from doing a jig when we land a 3-star, to landing 4 and 5-star talent right away? Doubt it. I'm just as impatient as you are, but it's not going to happen overnight. Consistently land 4's and 5's? Not this year. Or most likely, next. Hopefully, it starts very soon, and the snowball catches fire. ;)

Honestly, I'm not concerned at all about who quoted Skowt. I'm more concerned that people let it slide that Orange79 quoted Gerg! :rolleyes:

IMO we have the coaches to light that fire
dinos giphy.gif

If we can get this kid on campus I really like our chances to land him. Would be a great test to see how the new staff can connect and close which I have a feeling they will excel at.

Hopefully we catch a break and the CA schools have all filled their QB slots already and competition is minimal this late.

Anyone have an idea what the QB depth looks like at (the other) OSU?

If we can get this kid on campus I really like our chances to land him. Would be a great test to see how the new staff can connect and close which I have a feeling they will excel at.

Hopefully we catch a break and the CA schools have all filled their QB slots already and competition is minimal this late.

Anyone have an idea what the QB depth looks like at (the other) OSU?
I don't think the CA schools will be our biggest competition for him so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I do agree though, getting him on campus is the big thing. Not only is that a sign that he's legitimately intrigued, but it'll give the coaches a chance to close. We're exactly one month from signing day, so it's a narrow window to work in.

I don't think the CA schools will be our biggest competition for him so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I do agree though, getting him on campus is the big thing. Not only is that a sign that he's legitimately intrigued, but it'll give the coaches a chance to close. We're exactly one month from signing day, so it's a narrow window to work in.

It's probably dumb to think so, but I think that the "narrow window" will be an advantage if we can get an OV.

So anyway, pretty cool that the staff is allegedly able to sell high end QB prospects on the idea of playing this offense in a Dome, and that's interesting to them.

Allegedly.

Give this kid his own day on the hill with the staff and a few players like ish, Estime etc. and close the deal. :noidea:

Given what a stud qb could do in this system, we should be 1a and 1b and 1c

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom