Class of 2016 - QB Dwayne Haskins Jr (MD) Verbal to Ohio State | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Dwayne Haskins Jr (MD) Verbal to Ohio State

Haskins did make it to Rutgers today, and staying over. Apparently he was a Rutgers fan (what??) growing up, and his favorite player was Sanu. Kind of strange if you ask me, but if they can get a visit, I don't see why we can't. Rutgers fans really think they're going to pull him, which I do admit, they have a better shot then we do.

At this point, yeah, they do have a better shot. He's originally from Jersey I think, isn't he?

But I still think we can make up some ground, and if nothing else he is definitely curious based on what's happening with Washington and potentially Neal, Colon, and maybe Mayden.

I think its his bday. Strickland was wishing him well.
Actually that's not what I took from it. I know it's his birthday, but Stick's tweet was about how they haven't gotten a chance to talk in awhile, hence Haskins saying he's gonna hit him up soon.

I mean, he had said happy birthday earlier...but dammit, let us keep bolstering hope!

jekelish said:
Actually that's not what I took from it. I know it's his birthday, but Stick's tweet was about how they haven't gotten a chance to talk in awhile, hence Haskins saying he's gonna hit him up soon. I mean, he had said happy birthday earlier...but dammit, let us keep bolstering hope!

Can't hurt!

I know this doesn't really have to do with Haskins, but I found it interesting that Cal basketball just picked up a commitment from the #2 player in the country Jaylen Brown. Now that's in addition to the #6 overall player in the country Ivan Raab. They have 2 other top 150 guys (#73, 147 respectfully) to close out the class, giving them a top 5 overall class. That's not bad for Cal basketball. During the McDonald's All-American game Ivan Raab gave an interview saying he wanted to do something different, and that he and a couple friends wanted to start a new trend. He hinted at there may be some more top guys to follow, hence the Jaylen Brown commitment (Caleb Swanigan the #19 player overall was potentially the 3rd 5 star, but he chose Michigan St). The same thing happened at LSU where arguably the best player in the class Ben Simmons (#2 overall), Antonio Blankley (#13 overall), and Brandon Sampson (#49 overall) decided to buck the trend and sign with a program some what off the radar.

Now what does this have to do with Cuse? Who knows, maybe not much, but it does show that the idea is out there. If I was the coaching staff I certainly would be using the idea of starting something different as the main recruiting pitch. Hell i'd even use cases like those above as example. Almost all of these kids are hyper-competitive, and most have a bit of an ego, which is totally fine, and understandable given the circumstances. The hard part is you have to get that first guy to pull the trigger, so we already have the hard part done. Now 1 could also be a fluke, but if we happen to get 2 watch out. Obviously it's much easier to change around the fortunes of a basketball program, but there are some parallels out there between Cal/LSU, and Syracuse. We have a group of highly thought of friends, who have in the past expressed interest in playing together. It also doesn't hurt that our academics are strong. Maybe not as great as Cal, but it's a draw, especially since I saw a couple of the ones interested want to major in business. I'm not sure how close any of the guys we're after are to a decision, but if we can get another commitment relatively soon it could be an interesting Summer.

Actually that's not what I took from it. I know it's his birthday, but Stick's tweet was about how they haven't gotten a chance to talk in awhile, hence Haskins saying he's gonna hit him up soon.

I mean, he had said happy birthday earlier...but dammit, let us keep bolstering hope!

Okkkkkkkkkk...

Need one of our photoshoppers to put together something about the path less traveled and show a black and white forest with an orange path that leads to the carrier dome.
Now that's a nasty photoshop idea.

Jekelish put your skills to work.

Ha...probably not quite what you all had in mind, but a more generic graphic that I tweeted to no one in particular:

What no Floyd standing in front of the Dome?

I don't know why we do not have a statue to Sidat who was one of the firsts. What an outstanding person! Can you add these to your photo shop list
images

Untitled-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-4_16-29-24.jpeg
    upload_2015-5-4_16-29-24.jpeg
    5.2 KB · Views: 93
Ha...probably not quite what you all had in mind, but a more generic graphic that I tweeted to no one in particular:

Maybe you could add the greats on the path to the Dome.